Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: disturbed by the services at TK...

Default Re: disturbed by the services at TK...

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    Some shops do not have firm pricing on the items they sell and they leave it to their sales person to sell at the highest price they can convince a customer to pay, and the sales person is motivated by the commission he gets for the sales he makes. That is a perfectly legal business model as far as I know.

Since you have got a prior quote that you were agreeable with, why didn't you state that up front when you went to the shop, but instead chose to ask for the price again? So that if the person quoted a lower price you will jump on that instead of telling him you were quoted a higher price earlier?

So it is fair game. You want the lowest price and the sales person wants to sell you at the highest possible price.

If you are the sales person and quote a price to a customer face to face, and the customer upon hearing that claimed that he has got a prior quote that is lower but could not tell you who that quote came from, what would you do? Defend your position right? Wouldn't you also feel a little offended that the customer witheld that information in the hope that you might quote a lower price?

Besides not patronising that store in future, what else have you learned from this? If you understand how the shop pays their sales person and you undderstand that we all want to make a decent living, would you then still push all the blame to the shop?
    point noted, however besides the difference in price, the most disturbed thing from this incident is that i was 1st told there was stock. after headed down he quote me the same price for the lens and told me no stock. why the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by evilorgi View Post
    point noted, however besides the difference in price, the most disturbed thing from this incident is that i was 1st told there was stock. after headed down he quote me the same price for the lens and told me no stock. why the difference?
    He just sold off the last piece????
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    works both ways hor, works both ways.

why did you not say that you were headed down? i have had nothing but good service from tk. to be honest, quibbling over $10 is something i do not bother to do, especially if i have had past dealings with the shop. if you want to get cheapest price, buy second hand lor.

when i got my k20d from them, it was a pleasant affair.

not to mention, got dbs atm right smack outside the shop..
    no doubt i got pleasant services from them before when i bought the dry cabi there. i thought they could have handled their pricing quotations better even though it's given by different people. that could give them a better reputation and stronger business integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    TS wanted to buy 2 items, one got stock but quoted +$10 and the other no stock.

Back to topic... is there a perfect shop? I guess not.. I have always bought from TK, AP SLS and CP Peninsula. Everytime asking for the same sales person in that shop and over time have established trusting relationships with the sales person.

Nowadays, I don't bargain anymore because I know the price I get is the best they can offer.

Lesson from this is to always ask for the name of the sales person that quoted you and also your name and tell him/her you are coming (time). Sometimes you'll never know that the items maybe sold off the shelf within minutes depending if it was a hot item... and the shop may think that they sold it the caller (you).

Hope you got your items you needed.

../azul123
    yup! in the end i bought my stuff at CP-P from a very friendly sales exe. thanks for your point, this will be a lesson learnt.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    TS, agree with you 100% here. CP (Kelvin) or J316 are my top 2 choices now!
    yup, i am particularly amazed by samuel of JO316. no matter how crowded the shop is or how busy he is, he never fails to make a new customer walking in to his shop felt valued and noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh View Post
    Well...first issue (recent one) does appear to be more about stock availbility and not so much about the $10 delta in quote....second issue (batt) is definitely about delta in quote.

Still no change in my comments.

In fact I want to add that for the second issue the quote was given for a lens and a battery. When the TS went back later, he only wanted to buy the battery. Isn't it reasonable that the sales person might give a better price initially thinking that TS is looking at buying both items?
    yup, this could be the case. however i remember quoting the items separately and got the price. i also asked if i buy it together will i get better price and the sales personnel says no. so i take it as that is the best price i can have even i buy it separately.

yup! in the end i bought my stuff at CP-P from a very friendly sales exe. thanks for your point, this will be a lesson learnt.
    I jus bought some stuff from the CP-P sales exec jus now...

yup, i am particularly amazed by samuel of JO316. no matter how crowded the shop is or how busy he is, he never fails to make a new customer walking in to his shop felt valued and noticed.
    yep, Sam has one of the best Cust Service amongst the recommended shops. Once my TT bag had a manufacturing defect (some nylon stitching pierced through the bag inner lining). He changed it one the spot without questions. Other shops might have insisted it was own damage.

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    I jus bought some stuff from the CP-P sales exec jus now...

yep, Sam has one of the best Cust Service amongst the recommended shops. Once my TT bag had a manufacturing defect (some nylon stitching pierced through the bag inner lining). He changed it one the spot without questions. Other shops might have insisted it was own damage.
    yeap! looks like we have some common points about visiting shops...

did you tell the sales person to reserve the items for you? if not, you cannot seriously expect them to hold the stock in the hope that you will appear right? potential buyers are known to call several shops to check and compare prices before choosing one to buy from. also it is very possible the caller after you called and reserved, and got there before you to buy it.

btw the canon 50mm f/1.8 actually moves very fast. it happened to me before when i enquire and when i go down, it was sold already. i too did not ask them to reserve the item for me. btw it was not tk but another shop. i can only blame myself for not asking them to reserve it for me. another time i ask abt the lens for a friend and when he went down another day to buy it, all sold as well.

blame who? blame all the clubsnap ppl who always ask newbie to buy that lens la!

These shops deal with many customers in a day. It is unlikely that all of the interactions will be satisfactory.

I have patronized TK before, and sometimes I just walk in, ask the price and walk out. Never once was I slighted or received bad service. Once they even opened up two lenses for me to compare - and I didn't buy in the end!

However, when my boss wanted to buy a camera and asked for my recommendation, I suggested J3:16. He did buy his camera and lenses in the end but he related that it was a nightmare experience for him! I felt sorry for recommending him J3:16, but that is just one incident so I will reserve judgment.

If I were the poster, I would tell them I called in the morning and ask for an explanation. Sometimes they will offer you something else at a discount if they see that you are genuine.

point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    blame all the clubsnap ppl who always ask newbie to buy that lens la!
    Haha, I just got mine from Alan Photo after seeing recommendation from fellow members..

Dunno why people keep saying J 316 good.
    I feel nothing great about it.

Don't give face to any shop's staff who don't respect you by refusing to sell at agreed price.
    Don't go back (they won't die without your patronage - they got other suckers to buy from them)
    If you meet the boss, I mean the owner not the manager, tell him exactly who was the rude salesman, what was the date of the incident and why you will not go back, and why you tell others not to buy from them.

If the boss tells you off instead and says his rude salesman was right, then you know you were correct not to buy from them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Dunno why people keep saying J 316 good.
    I feel nothing great about it.

Don't give face to any shop's staff who don't respect you by refusing to sell at agreed price.
    Don't go back (they won't die without your patronage - they got other suckers to buy from them)
    If you meet the boss, I mean the owner not the manager, tell him exactly who was the rude salesman, what was the date of the incident and why you will not go back, and why you tell others not to buy from them.

If the boss tells you off instead and says his rude salesman was right, then you know you were correct not to buy from them anymore.
    interesting reply. j 316 is not that great, just that it's sales personnel stands out from the norm, makes ppl feel valued. that is a big plus point to consumers.

if you want to buy a thing, you rather buy it from a excellent sales personnel or from a guy that acts as if he have your business or not also never mind de? i believe the former has more appeal.

Try getting the person's name and reserved it if you are serious about getting it.
    You will get it at the price as well as stock.
    You will be amazed how many called to ask and never came back even retailers from elsewhere will call just to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Try getting the person's name and reserved it if you are serious about getting it.
    You will get it at the price as well as stock.
    You will be amazed how many called to ask and never came back even retailers from elsewhere will call just to check.
    ok, point noted. thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12