Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5202528293031323540 ... LastLast

Thread: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

Cycling in Christchurch, NZ:

Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Blog Entries

sorry..... 25 pages just a little too long to filter..........

anyone can help me convert my mtb into a single speed ??
    Last edited by ed9119; 1st March 2010 at 11:59 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by Witness View Post
    Sure can catch up one lah, Mandai reads 'slow' for me.

Joyriders sound cool but the pack is abit too large (and probably too fast) for my liking man. Maybe during some special event hehe. Thanks for the invite btw.
    Joyriders start as quite a large pack, but it will always break up into smaller packs based on speed; head pack will be fast, the others will vary, so you can always fit in somewhere. There is also a 'newbie' pack for every ride.
    Looking at your avatar, you don't look slow

Anyway, what better way to increase mileage and speed than to ride in a group (or try keeping up with one)?

Blog Entries

Cut and Pasted below

Canon and Spectrum Worldwide present: A Taste of le Tour, a photographic exhibition of Le Tour de France by Russel Wong.

These 25 images taken over five years portray this infamous cycling event in a manner never before seen in Singapore. The photographs of cyclists including Lance Armstrong and Alberto Contador, among others, combined with the breathtaking scenery of France and Switzerland make for a beautiful and compelling exhibition.

Be inspired by the works of Russel Wong ahead of OCBC Cycle Singapore 2010. On March 6- 7, you too can capture some wonderful cycling action up-close and enjoy the thrill of watching top professional riders from around the world take to the saddle in the elite criterium on the final day.
    Exhibition Details:

Feb 20 - Feb 25th 10am - 10pm, Great Hall Millenia walk

Feb 26th - March 4th, 10am - 10pm, South Galleria 2, Millenia walk

March 5th - March 7th 10am - 9pm, OCBC Cycle Singapore F1 Pit Building

Free Entry.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Deregistered

sigh... 8 more days to ocbc cycle and i broken my arm missed last year cycle. and unfortunately this year too.. 6 weeks to cover..

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    sigh... 8 more days to ocbc cycle and i broken my arm missed last year cycle. and unfortunately this year too.. 6 weeks to cover..
    Wish you a quick recovery. My cycle-mate broke his leg just a week ago too...so I am left with one less cycling companion as well. Sigh...
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei View Post
    Wish you a quick recovery. My cycle-mate broke his leg just a week ago too...so I am left with one less cycling companion as well. Sigh...
    this year not quite a good year at all. my whole family was injured within this mth..

Who is going to collect their bib number and goodie bag later at the F1 pit? I'm going at about 6:30pm .

Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    Who is going to collect their bib number and goodie bag later at the F1 pit? I'm going at about 6:30pm .
    I rented a bike leh...so means today can't collect coz can only park from Sat onwards?

I rented a bike leh...so means today can't collect coz can only park from Sat onwards?
    Today and tomorrow are for collecting your bib tag and goodie bag only. Collection of bike rental is on the actual day itself. Do go at least half an hour before your start off time to collect your bike .
    Last edited by NovJoe; 5th March 2010 at 04:14 PM.

Today and tomorrow are for collecting your bib tag and goodie bag only. Collection of bike rental is on the actual day itself. Do go at least half an hour before your start off time to collect your bike .
    Is it? The instructions and manual didn't say this leh? Then why the hell they talk about free "overnight storage" if we are only collecting on Sunday anyway?

Walao second disappointment from them in a row. Just received an email saying their mechanise delivery was delayed so have to collect on race day too. Not even sure if I can wear the stuff I bought for the event liao.

Is it? The instructions and manual didn't say this leh? Then why the hell they talk about free "overnight storage" if we are only collecting on Sunday anyway?

Walao second disappointment from them in a row. Just received an email saying their mechanise delivery was delayed so have to collect on race day too. Not even sure if I can wear the stuff I bought for the event liao.
    Usually, bike rentals are collection on the day itself. Been to two ocbc cycle events and it's the same for me. For bike overnight storage, I think this is for personal bike only. If you want to clarify, you should call them and ask. So far, it is straight forward for me.

Not even sure if I can wear the stuff I bought for the event liao.
    Err.. why not?

Usually, bike rentals are collection on the day itself. Been to two ocbc cycle events and it's the same for me. For bike overnight storage, I think this is for personal bike only. If you want to clarify, you should call them and ask. So far, it is straight forward for me.
    Thought there was no bike rental service last year? That was why I did not participate then.

Anyway too late to make much of a difference now. Will just go down tomorrow lah.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Err.. why not?
    Sekali can only collect my merchandise after the race leh? My race starts at 6am loh...

Sekali can only collect my merchandise after the race leh? My race starts at 6am loh...
    Oh sorry. Misunderstood you as asking whether you can wear other types of jerseys and stuff. So you have to buy the OCBC wear or something?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Oh sorry. Misunderstood you as asking whether you can wear other types of jerseys and stuff. So you have to buy the OCBC wear or something?
    No lah its optional. But I bought their cycling shorts with the plan to wear it with the jersey mah. If they cant gimme my shorts before the race, I might as well wear my own and dunt buy.

Sigh...

Thought there was no bike rental service last year? That was why I did not participate then.

Anyway too late to make much of a difference now. Will just go down tomorrow lah.
    There's bike rental. Just that you have tick on the bike rental option and pay the extra fee for the bike rental. Collected my bib number and dry-fit t-shirt at 6:30pm just now, not much goodies this year though.

Deregistered

There's bike rental. Just that you have tick on the bike rental option and pay the extra fee for the bike rental. Collected my bib number and dry-fit t-shirt at 6:30pm just now, not much goodies this year though.
    wat catagory are u in? unfortunately i broken my arm last week and i want take my goodie bag today.. so the cycling jersey is only after the race is finished??

There was bike rental last year? Wah then I must damn blur loh. Didn't see the rental service in their website do didn't go.

Anyway how come u get t-shirt. You didn't sign up 40km ah?
    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    wat catagory are u in? unfortunately i broken my arm last week and i want take my goodie bag today.. so the cycling jersey is only after the race is finished??
    Cycling jersey should be given out with the race pack lah.

Wah another poor fella with broken limbs. I have to help my friend collect his pack because he broke his leg!

Deregistered

Cycling jersey should be given out with the race pack lah.

Wah another poor fella with broken limbs. I have to help my friend collect his pack because he broke his leg!
    Last year missed due to getting my bike. now make my bike swee swee liao than broken my arm due to accident while cycling and been 1 week already, havent see the damage of my bike