Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920232843 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1030

Thread: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

  1. #341
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    125'10.16"N 10350'11.01"E
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Any recommendation for a road bike? I have a budget of 1.5k. I am now looking at Trek 1.2 and Cannondale Synapse 7.

  2. #342
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post
    Any recommendation for a road bike? I have a budget of 1.5k. I am now looking at Trek 1.2 and Cannondale Synapse 7.
    There are Jamies too, check them out at Hup Leong.

  3. #343
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    390

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post
    Any recommendation for a road bike? I have a budget of 1.5k. I am now looking at Trek 1.2 and Cannondale Synapse 7.
    From reviews it look like the Synapse 7 has 9 speed instead of 8 speed found on the Trek 1.2
    Moreover Trek is trying to cut corners by giving a crappy set of tires.

    For a basic entry level roadbike I would go for the Synapse 7. The saddle and the puncture-
    protected tires seems to put me in favour for this model though I don't have any experience
    with either of them.

    Cannondale Synapse 7 REI (2009)
    http://www.gearbuyer.com/products/ca...se_7_bike.html

    http://www.roadcycler.com/2008/02/trek-12-review-2008/

    Enjoy riding!

  4. #344

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    There was some bicycle show at Novena Square last week, did anyone go?

  5. #345
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    WAH .. jsut came back from cycling to shag some fats off.

    i manage to pull thru from yishun to zoo via Mandai Rd by my Ava1.0.

    the slope is steep.. but i manage t survive.

  6. #346
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Huh,went cycling alone all the way from yishun to zoo via Mandai Rd.The next day I think you cannot wake up liao.Too tire.

  7. #347
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Huh,went cycling alone all the way from yishun to zoo via Mandai Rd.The next day I think you cannot wake up liao.Too tire.
    can la. i still can swim after that.

    but my butt hurts alot.

    my total timing plus resting, total of 1hr30mins.

  8. #348
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    can la. i still can swim after that.

    but my butt hurts alot.

    my total timing plus resting, total of 1hr30mins.
    So u did a biathlon

  9. #349
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    So u did a biathlon
    yea lo. just gotten my Avalanche 1.0 ma. Than want to chiong .

    But i restrict on what i eat. morning eat bread , before cycle in the afternoon took some energy gel . than cycle to zoo , took a 15mins break eat Half a protein bar , skip lunch , restrict to water or 100plus but 100 plus is a must for me, cause my body is very lack of sodium so will cramp easily. than cycle back to yishun eat the rest of the protein bar, than skip dinner.

  10. #350
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    yea lo. just gotten my Avalanche 1.0 ma. Than want to chiong .

    But i restrict on what i eat. morning eat bread , before cycle in the afternoon took some energy gel . than cycle to zoo , took a 15mins break eat Half a protein bar , skip lunch , restrict to water or 100plus but 100 plus is a must for me, cause my body is very lack of sodium so will cramp easily. than cycle back to yishun eat the rest of the protein bar, than skip dinner.

    Well done man heheh but take it slow now.... it's fine to feel sore and muscle are aching abit but pace yourself...especially if this is your first time or have not done riding like this for a long time.

  11. #351
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Well done man heheh but take it slow now.... it's fine to feel sore and muscle are aching abit but pace yourself...especially if this is your first time or have not done riding like this for a long time.
    only leg abit aching but worst is my butt is aching real bad.
    any seats to replace the butt aching GT seats?
    Last edited by domdomino; 1st April 2009 at 09:45 PM.

  12. #352
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    only leg abit aching but worst is my butt is aching real bad.
    any seats to replace the butt aching GT seats?

    That is a hard question to answer heheh.... that one will need more time for this long winded grandfather to write someday soon when have more time heheh....

    In the mean time, you don't need to get a new seat. No seat will help you at this point in time... The ache you are getting is due to you not having rode long on a bicycle. SOme slight seat adjustment can help you to some extend which you can experiment a bit. ( slight the seat further back or more forward, tilt the nose down abit or up alittle. Just don't be too in a hurry to chane seat. Make adjustment in incrementals and ride for a while with it.

    The ache in the butt is natural heheh...

    But note!!... Making your seat softer or buyig to GEL cover is not going to help you much... in fact it can make it worst. Some riders uses carbon fibre seat!!... no cushion at all...why you think that do that? heheh Well maybe I will elaborate more when I have more time to write my usual long essays heheh...

    Keep riding for now.. make some minor adjustment for now. Just get your butt condition to riding on a bike seat first.

  13. #353
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    That is a hard question to answer heheh.... that one will need more time for this long winded grandfather to write someday soon when have more time heheh....

    In the mean time, you don't need to get a new seat. No seat will help you at this point in time... The ache you are getting is due to you not having rode long on a bicycle. SOme slight seat adjustment can help you to some extend which you can experiment a bit. ( slight the seat further back or more forward, tilt the nose down abit or up alittle. Just don't be too in a hurry to chane seat. Make adjustment in incrementals and ride for a while with it.

    The ache in the butt is natural heheh...

    But note!!... Making your seat softer or buyig to GEL cover is not going to help you much... in fact it can make it worst. Some riders uses carbon fibre seat!!... no cushion at all...why you think that do that? heheh Well maybe I will elaborate more when I have more time to write my usual long essays heheh...

    Keep riding for now.. make some minor adjustment for now. Just get your butt condition to riding on a bike seat first.
    HAHA ! well sure. take your time. .

    Not only a PC guy. but also a cyclist guy

  14. #354
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    390

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    yea lo. just gotten my Avalanche 1.0 ma. Than want to chiong .

    But i restrict on what i eat. morning eat bread , before cycle in the afternoon took some energy gel . than cycle to zoo , took a 15mins break eat Half a protein bar , skip lunch , restrict to water or 100plus but 100 plus is a must for me, cause my body is very lack of sodium so will cramp easily. than cycle back to yishun eat the rest of the protein bar, than skip dinner.
    Congratulation dom, am glad you did really enjoy your
    Avalanche 1.0. You must have been cycling more than 50km
    from Yishun to the Zoo via Mandai. Was it your first
    cycling session?

    Your diet control is good and keep it up. Go cycling again
    for the same distance at least three times a week if you can.
    What is the speed you are going when you mentioned "chiong?"

    Follow your diet discipline strictly and get a weighing
    machine to find out the result after four weeks. You'll be
    happy and surprise for your success. Make sure you drink
    more liquid during and after the cycling sessions.

    Enjoy riding.


  15. #355
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    Congratulation dom, am glad you did really enjoy your
    Avalanche 1.0. You must have been cycling more than 50km
    from Yishun to the Zoo via Mandai. Was it your first
    cycling session?

    Your diet control is good and keep it up. Go cycling again
    for the same distance at least three times a week if you can.
    What is the speed you are going when you mentioned "chiong?"

    Follow your diet discipline strictly and get a weighing
    machine to find out the result after four weeks. You'll be
    happy and surprise for your success. Make sure you drink
    more liquid during and after the cycling sessions.

    Enjoy riding.


    i dont think its 50km lor. i think around 15km . but going get the cateye vero5 . so i can keep track , and yes, its my 2nd time riding so far.

  16. #356
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    i dont think its 50km lor. i think around 15km . but going get the cateye vero5 . so i can keep track , and yes, its my 2nd time riding so far.
    For a newbie cyclist...that is far heheh especially if you try to be a speed demon on the road heheheheh

  17. #357
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    For a newbie cyclist...that is far heheh especially if you try to be a speed demon on the road heheheheh
    yea and consolation prize, is my karcheng aching.

  18. #358
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    to all cateye Velo5 users.

    is there any way to off it ? will eat alot of battery ?

  19. #359
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    125'10.16"N 10350'11.01"E
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    There are Jamies too, check them out at Hup Leong.
    Thanks will look at them.

    Quote Originally Posted by forward View Post
    From reviews it look like the Synapse 7 has 9 speed instead of 8 speed found on the Trek 1.2
    Moreover Trek is trying to cut corners by giving a crappy set of tires.

    For a basic entry level roadbike I would go for the Synapse 7. The saddle and the puncture-
    protected tires seems to put me in favour for this model though I don't have any experience
    with either of them.

    Cannondale Synapse 7 REI (2009)
    http://www.gearbuyer.com/products/ca...se_7_bike.html

    http://www.roadcycler.com/2008/02/trek-12-review-2008/

    Enjoy riding!
    The trek's specs is better though. I have also found a few more brand such as Giant and Scott which complicate my choice even more.

  20. #360
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    to all cateye Velo5 users.

    is there any way to off it ? will eat alot of battery ?
    I believe the battery can last at least 2 yrs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •