Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1030

Thread: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

  1. #261

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
    Hi all,

    Sorry if I am being rude to interrupt all your discussion on MTB. I would like to know is it necessary for those who rides a road bike need to have their legs shave; a compulsory or up to individual? I have hairy legs so does it matters if I don on my cycling attire and expose my hairy legs?
    Sorry but i couldn't help but laugh when i see this post.

  2. #262

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    my blue hasa mtb stolen 2 weeks ago
    guess no fate to join this thread liaoz

  3. #263
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    464

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    Sorry but i couldn't help but laugh when i see this post.

  4. #264
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
    Hi all,

    Sorry if I am being rude to interrupt all your discussion on MTB. I would like to know is it necessary for those who rides a road bike need to have their legs shave; a compulsory or up to individual? I have hairy legs so does it matters if I don on my cycling attire and expose my hairy legs?

    hahaha sorry ..even I find this funny heheh

    I think it is safe to say..shaving your legs is not "enforced" nor required lah. heheh The only folks that does this is just really highly competitive in the sport of speed trial and other speeding related races they take part it. They are racing at speeds and the timing they can score over another rider are sometime measures in split seconds..

    The theory was to shave off those hair on their legs especially to reduce air disruption and to get smooth air flow over their limbs as they pedal. All in the "hope" of shaving some few thousandth of a second off their clocking. Same as those swimmers ... hehe I don't think you, I and the 99.9% of the world cyclists need to concern ourselves with that practice.

    Riding the bike as well as you can and enjoying it is all the cost of admission to this sport.

    Oh ya..there will be those over crazy racer who would do that even if they never enter a race lah... they do what their hero does. Ignore them! hehehe...


    Besides.. I know alot of women who love to snuggle up with a guys with hairy legs leh... you sure you want to give up that "advantage" har?
    Last edited by sammy888; 19th March 2009 at 04:52 PM.

  5. #265
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slaam View Post
    my blue hasa mtb stolen 2 weeks ago
    guess no fate to join this thread liaoz

    Having a bike would add to your enjoyment of the sport in real life but joining in the thread to talk about it can have it's own satisfaction too. Hey I love Ferrari but will not be able to buy one in this life time so should that stop me from heading to ferrari forums to talk shop? heh

  6. #266
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    464

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    hahaha sorry ..even I find this funny heheh

    I think it is safe to say..shaving your legs is not "enforced" nor required lah. heheh The only folks that does this is just really highly competitive in the sport of speed trial and other speeding related races they take part it. They are racing at speeds and the timing they can score over another rider are sometime measures in split seconds..

    The theory was to shave off those hair on their legs especially to reduce air disruption and to get smooth air flow over their limbs as they pedal. All in the "hope" of shaving some few thousandth of a second off their clocking. Same as those swimmers ... hehe I don't think you, I and the 99.9% of the world cyclists need to concern ourselves with that practice.

    Riding the bike as well as you can and enjoying it is all the cost of admission to this sport.

    Oh ya..there will be those over crazy racer who would do that even if they never enter a race lah... they do what their hero does. Ignore them! hehehe...


    Besides.. I know alot of women who love to snuggle up with a guys with hairy legs leh... you sure you want to give up that "advantage" har?

    Thanks Sammy888. Indeed after reading your sharing, I feel more confident to cycle with hairy legs...hehe. I personally does not like to have my legs shave either. Just out of curiosity I decided to post this question.

  7. #267

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Be a real man, have kar mor.

  8. #268
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Just came back from Pulau Ubin...many many years didnt go there liao, can't believe there are so many many rental bikes there
    Last edited by cichlid; 19th March 2009 at 08:38 PM.

  9. #269

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    Just came back from Pulau Ubin...many many years didnt go there liao, can't believe there are so many many rental bikes there
    You brought your bike over?

  10. #270
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    You brought your bike over?
    No ah, rented a limosine there,kekeke, Actually a tandem bike for my daughter, wife and me, 3 in one.

    But feel like going there with my bike next time. And ya, I hung my D90 around my neck again while cycling, think gota wash the camera strap liao
    Last edited by cichlid; 20th March 2009 at 06:12 AM.

  11. #271
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by luntut View Post
    me thinking of using a MTB. i wanted a road bike, but will have to stick to the road.. the way i ride, i go up and down pavements and roads, depending where is the place with lesser traffic.. hmmm.

    is there a cross between roadies and MTBs?
    You can buy a MTB and change the tires to slick ones which have much lower rolling resistance.

  12. #272

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
    Hi all,

    Sorry if I am being rude to interrupt all your discussion on MTB. I would like to know is it necessary for those who rides a road bike need to have their legs shave; a compulsory or up to individual? I have hairy legs so does it matters if I don on my cycling attire and expose my hairy legs?
    There could be another reason, when injured during crash it's easier to attend to the wound.

  13. #273

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by luntut View Post
    me thinking of using a MTB. i wanted a road bike, but will have to stick to the road.. the way i ride, i go up and down pavements and roads, depending where is the place with lesser traffic.. hmmm.

    is there a cross between roadies and MTBs?
    There's hybrid bike. Since they are basically bike with road bike components setup nd use MTB handle bar This kind won't suit your needs. Better buy hardtail , rigid back without suspension with front suspension, Can also add suspension seat post to absorb shock for off roadng. Put on slick tyres , it can go fast, around 30-35 km/hr though some fit ones can even do better than this. Best of both world..

  14. #274

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Is there a bag that can be fixed on the bike for our cameras?

  15. #275
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Shall we organise an Night Cycling Outing ?

  16. #276

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    Shall we organise an Night Cycling Outing ?
    Where do you suggest to cycle to?

  17. #277
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    Where do you suggest to cycle to?
    not sure , ask those veteran cyclist to plan.

  18. #278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Serangoon North
    Posts
    2,225

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    I got a Garyfisher MTB. Thinking of change to road tires. Is it easy to change by ourself?
    Also my groin hurts on every pedal. Is it because I didn't wear bike tights or because of the seat or because I haven't get used to it yet?

  19. #279
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    I got a Garyfisher MTB. Thinking of change to road tires. Is it easy to change by ourself?
    Also my groin hurts on every pedal. Is it because I didn't wear bike tights or because of the seat or because I haven't get used to it yet?
    I don't think the problem is not wearing tights. Perhaps your seat is too high. Have you tried lowering the seat?

  20. #280

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    I got a Garyfisher MTB. Thinking of change to road tires. Is it easy to change by ourself?
    Also my groin hurts on every pedal. Is it because I didn't wear bike tights or because of the seat or because I haven't get used to it yet?
    Saddle height too low cause pain in front knee cap area, too high will hurt back of the knee and hamstring. Tilt your saddle abit and keep trying. Too much tilt, you will slide and cause load on wrist, palm numbing easily. No choice, every person can adapt to only certain saddle. I think most cyclist have lots of saddles....just to find the right one.

Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •