Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 1030

Thread: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

  1. #241
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    For road bikes don't really know.
    But for MTB, go for GT, cos i own 2 and loving them.
    isit the Avalanche 2.0 version ?

    im find with MTB bikes also . no need roadbike.

  2. #242

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    Hi anygood bicycles to recommand for riding long distance ?
    Seat tube angles affect comfort, more slant inwards gives more comfort ie towards the bottom bracket. So is the type of material and thickness of tube. Most people would go for Titanium or steel for comfort. Chrome-moly bikes need higher maintenance while Ti needs lesser among the rest. If you are willing to pay more, go for customised bike to suit your need.

  3. #243
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Boy View Post
    Seat tube angles affect comfort, more slant inwards gives more comfort ie towards the bottom bracket. So is the type of material and thickness of tube. Most people would go for Titanium or steel for comfort. Chrome-moly bikes need higher maintenance while Ti needs lesser among the rest. If you are willing to pay more, go for customised bike to suit your need.
    nah, budget around 600.

  4. #244

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    isit the Avalanche 2.0 version ?

    im find with MTB bikes also . no need roadbike.
    I have the 1.0 and 2.0.
    For your budget of $600 should be able to get a 2.0, which is a pretty decent bike.
    Just love the GT's triple triangle frame.

  5. #245
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    I have the 1.0 and 2.0.
    For your budget of $600 should be able to get a 2.0, which is a pretty decent bike.
    Just love the GT's triple triangle frame.
    the 2.0 costs how much ?

  6. #246

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    the 2.0 costs how much ?
    3 years ago i bought the 2.0 at $488.
    Now the price think increase already, not sure on the exact pricing.

  7. #247
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    3 years ago i bought the 2.0 at $488.
    Now the price think increase already, not sure on the exact pricing.
    Oh. any shops to recommand ?

  8. #248

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    Oh. any shops to recommand ?
    Hup Leong at Chin Swee, C2C at AMK.

  9. #249
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    Hup Leong at Chin Swee, C2C at AMK.
    okay. ty
    i will go check it out .

  10. #250
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Serangoon North
    Posts
    2,225

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    I stay at Serangoon North. Anyone here wanna go riding sometime? Do I really have to wear biking shirt and tights? no comfortable with showing my nuts to everyone.

  11. #251
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    I stay at Serangoon North. Anyone here wanna go riding sometime? Do I really have to wear biking shirt and tights? no comfortable with showing my nuts to everyone.
    once i get my bike i dont mind .

    but how abt we organise Night Cycling.

  12. #252

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    once i get my bike i dont mind .

    but how abt we organise Night Cycling.
    Used to always cycle from my house at Harbourfront to East Coast at night.
    Stopped since my cycling click all never cycle.

  13. #253
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    Oh. any shops to recommand ?
    Dont forget about TCH at White Sands, they have a lot of GTs there. I think TCH price is one of the best around.

  14. #254
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    Dont forget about TCH at White Sands, they have a lot of GTs there. I think TCH price is one of the best around.
    yea . that day i passed by saw alot of GT. gotta check it out when im passing by.

  15. #255
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    yea . that day i passed by saw alot of GT. gotta check it out when im passing by.
    $600 can get Ava 3.0 disc at TCH.

  16. #256
    Member luntut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    1,883

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    $600 can get Ava 3.0 disc at TCH.
    sorry for sounding dumb, but $600 for the frame only or the whole setup???
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr

  17. #257

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by luntut View Post
    sorry for sounding dumb, but $600 for the frame only or the whole setup???
    Whole setup.
    Avalanche frames don't cost that much.

  18. #258
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    isit the Avalanche 2.0 version ?

    im find with MTB bikes also . no need roadbike.
    i find mtb more versatile, roadbikes, you will need to go on a road

    u can check out rodalink, the cozmic CX 1.0, with deore components ect @S$560

  19. #259
    Member luntut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    1,883

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    me thinking of using a MTB. i wanted a road bike, but will have to stick to the road.. the way i ride, i go up and down pavements and roads, depending where is the place with lesser traffic.. hmmm.

    is there a cross between roadies and MTBs?
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr

  20. #260
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    464

    Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

    Hi all,

    Sorry if I am being rude to interrupt all your discussion on MTB. I would like to know is it necessary for those who rides a road bike need to have their legs shave; a compulsory or up to individual? I have hairy legs so does it matters if I don on my cycling attire and expose my hairy legs?

Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •