Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Thread: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

Default Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Nice
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    How you cycle with a DSLR hanging on your neck?
    Can la, just push the camera to the side loh...i didnt wana ride with my camera bag, so i just took the minimum and a plastic bag just in case it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Crazy true...but DEDICATED!!! heheh That's the way we CS folks should be wat heh
    ya and trying to combine both passion

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    thanks!

Can la, just push the camera to the side loh...i didnt wana ride with my camera bag, so i just took the minimum and a plastic bag just in case it rains.

ya and trying to combine both passion
    You more lucky than me.. I can't do that for the sake of my camera... I sweat like a horse...just touching my tee or jersey and your palm already all wet heheh.... my camera will be taking a bath every second I am riding heh.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    You more lucky than me.. I can't do that for the sake of my camera... I sweat like a horse...just touching my tee or jersey and your palm already all wet heheh.... my camera will be taking a bath every second I am riding heh.
    Same here, thats why my camera will be inside my backpack.

I start at 6am, so its very cooling....

Ever notice, that there are really few obese riders?
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    Same here, thats why my camera will be inside my backpack.

hahahah my member man!! heeeee.. I use my haversack most of the time. These days it will be my lowerpro Sling Shot 200 AW but if I want to carry more which is use another haversack for other essential then I turn to my Lowepro off trail 2 which is strap to my waist sitting under myhaversack... Not that hard to stop...pull it to the front whip out the camera to shot... at least it does not get much of my sweat that way heheh...

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Ever notice, that there are really few obese riders?

You talking REAL cyclist or the fake ones that ride about inconsiderately all over the bloody HDB. Some are so obese that all you see looking at their seat is there is no seat and you think the seat post has be shove up their you know where to hold them in place as they cycle about.

But seriously, I have seen some slightly pot belly who I use to ride with or generally ride in the same haunts I do... some are kick a$$ riders... they are not slow and they can go toe to toe with the rest covering 130 to 150km round island rides.

pot bellies are nice to stroke .....for good luck
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

......and make great pillows
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

.......and are nice and cuddly

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    .......and are nice and cuddly
    *ouch* too much information.....

Quote Originally Posted by rOnGrEn View Post
    Not the first time this happened here. Sometime people seem to forget.. a bicyclke is STILL a vehicle. It has mass and travelling even at a steady pace and you knock someone at the very least you will still injure them. You can guess how bad it is with the really old or young.
    I just wish it was enough to see another bicycle related death that they will OFFICIAL enforce the no cycling rules on walkways, pedestrian crossing and other places. The laws are STILL there but too long they close one eye to them.

I have been cycling for at least 25 yrs and I am all for it still. We cyclist has no business being on paths that is meant for pedestrians to walk.

Not to mention those ah beng ah seng who thinks that their super "Haya-cycle" or "Bicy-Busa" can outrun all the vehicles on the road. Looking at the way they cycle really makes me hope they kena one time jialat jialat.

and aggressive drivers too... check out this thread I encountered... don't wanna run into these kinda people man....
    http://www.togoparts.com/forum/showt...3D1&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    and aggressive drivers too... check out this thread I encountered... don't wanna run into these kinda people man....
    http://www.togoparts.com/forum/showt...3D1&highlight=
    What to do, all sorts of people in this world.
    That's why we ourselves must be alert to the surroundings.

You guys should read what was written in some of the cars forum regarding cyclist on the road. Basically there are some drivers who thinks that cyclist should be exterminated from this world. (Ha ha, ok this is stretching to the extreme, but you should get the gist that cyclist are not welcomed on the road).

I have stayed in France whereby cyclists are accorded more respect than other cars. Even on a narrow and windy road, cars will tend to wait till it is safe before overtake, rather than try to force you off the road. I had the chance to cycle frequently for a couple of years there, and it was most enjoyable. Alas here in Singapore, we have a long long way to go before we can reach that level civility.

As a cyclist, we have to practise defensive riding, no point trying to "fight" the drivers. Most of my rides are during the night, often past midnight. As usual, basic gears like helmet and gloves are a must. Second I'll make sure that I make myself very visible, sometimes to the point of being a bit kiasu, like putting extra blinkers and reflective clothing. On the road, I'll make sure that I follow traffic rules just like any other drivers. Red light, I will stop. And if there is a car that had already stopped at the traffic light junction, I will stop behind the car. Some drivers really hate it when cyclist just squeeze through and stop in front at the traffic lights.

There will always be some bad sheeps among the drivers and cyclist. Just ride defensively, and you should generally be safe. Another point I have read in a cycling book is to think like cars driver when riding and you should able to better anticipate other cars action on the road.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    You guys should read what was written in some of the cars forum regarding cyclist on the road. Basically there are some drivers who thinks that cyclist should be exterminated from this world. (Ha ha, ok this is stretching to the extreme, but you should get the gist that cyclist are not welcomed on the road).

I have stayed in France whereby cyclists are accorded more respect than other cars. Even on a narrow and windy road, cars will tend to wait till it is safe before overtake, rather than try to force you off the road. I had the chance to cycle frequently for a couple of years there, and it was most enjoyable. Alas here in Singapore, we have a long long way to go before we can reach that level civility.

As a cyclist, we have to practise defensive riding, no point trying to "fight" the drivers. Most of my rides are during the night, often past midnight. As usual, basic gears like helmet and gloves are a must. Second I'll make sure that I make myself very visible, sometimes to the point of being a bit kiasu, like putting extra blinkers and reflective clothing. On the road, I'll make sure that I follow traffic rules just like any other drivers. Red light, I will stop. And if there is a car that had already stopped at the traffic light junction, I will stop behind the car. Some drivers really hate it when cyclist just squeeze through and stop in front at the traffic lights.

There will always be some bad sheeps among the drivers and cyclist. Just ride defensively, and you should generally be safe. Another point I have read in a cycling book is to think like cars driver when riding and you should able to better anticipate other cars action on the road.
    What to do.
    Its like bikes hate cars, and cars hate bikes on the road.

2 of my colleagues think that cycling against traffic is safer. They explained that they can see the cars coming.

hmmm...but i think the opposite is true....any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    2 of my colleagues think that cycling against traffic is safer. They explained that they can see the cars coming.

hmmm...but i think the opposite is true....any comments?
    Cyclist is treated like any other road user, so they have to follow the flow of the traffic. Also by riding against the flow, you are actually shortening the reaction time for drivers to avoid you.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast