Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Inexpensive Lightbox

Default New Inexpensive Lightbox

Hi All

Am a noob here....though not new to photography. Hope to learn a lot from here.

Wanted to share about my new purchase here.

Bought a light box from eBay...fairly cheap and have seen results from a few others.....seem pretty good. Price was 4.99 + shipping. Hope to get the delivery sometime this week. The lightbox neatly folds up as well....so good for travel...and comes with 4 color backgrounds. the lightbox has a slit in the front thru which the lens can be inserted in....so one can use the normal camera flash as well....

Here are some pics of the lightbox:

Default Re: New Inexpensive Lightbox

You may wish to take note, the black bag's color will run and will cause some staining on the tent when it comes in touch with liquid. Other than that, it's a pretty good buy.

worldwide shipping?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by grubbies View Post
    You may wish to take note, the black bag's color will run and will cause some staining on the tent when it comes in touch with liquid. Other than that, it's a pretty good buy.
    Thanks mate....much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    worldwide shipping?
    Yup...being delivered to me from UK. Though the shipping cost is more than the product cost

Hi, can you share the link? would like to get 1 as well

Do you mind sharing the size of the light tent?

Quote Originally Posted by zhix View Post
    Hi, can you share the link? would like to get 1 as well
    I got it from "frontline-sell" from ebay. They have a 50cm light box still listed here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/50CM-PHOTO-SOFT-...713.m153.l1262

Am sure if you ask them...they will be able to get one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bartman View Post
    Do you mind sharing the size of the light tent?
    The box is a 80cm x 80cm cube

oni available thru ebay? wat's the total cost includin shippin? do they have any shop in london? sorry for all the question... tot may be i can pop by in london to get it so can save on shippin. tks

Quote Originally Posted by fongi View Post
    oni available thru ebay? wat's the total cost includin shippin? do they have any shop in london? sorry for all the question... tot may be i can pop by in london to get it so can save on shippin. tks

Not sure if it's available anywhere else.....

curious to noe how much in total u paid in SG...

Quote Originally Posted by fongi View Post
    from the auction under postage and payment..

We do not offer local pick-up services, all purchases are via posts.
    so my guess they don't have a shopfront for you to purchase from.

anyway, can't seems to find the 80x80cm one? only the 50x50cm..

Quote Originally Posted by IamJeFfy View Post
    from the auction under postage and payment..

so my guess they don't have a shopfront for you to purchase from.

anyway, can't seems to find the 80x80cm one? only the 50x50cm..
    Anyone wants to volunteer to take a mass order and maybe we can reduce our shipping costs ?. I am keen to get one if so.

Hold on a minute

maybe cheaper to buy from our friend Paul here
    http://store.tagotech.com/index.php?...sort=3a&page=3
    Last edited by singlesnipershot; 4th February 2009 at 12:12 AM.

I paid a total of about SGD45 for this. As said...the shipping was far more expensive than the product cost

I think a group buy would make much more sense. I came to know of CS only a couple of days back and didn't know there were like minded people who may be keen on a gb....else would've waited

may i ask, under what conditions that a light box/tent should be used? photography of food?

Quote Originally Posted by evilorgi View Post
    may i ask, under what conditions that a light box/tent should be used? photography of food?
    With my limited knowledge on this...I would assume that most anything that can fit into the lightbox...watches (my primary use), food, jewellery, any other stationary objects...can be shot with this.

Quote Originally Posted by singlesnipershot View Post
    maybe cheaper to buy from our friend Paul here
    http://store.tagotech.com/index.php?...sort=3a&page=3
    I just checked this....he has a 75cm version for $40. However, this comes with 2 color backgrounds...if you buy all 4 colors...it's $55.

Just to share my experience on this product:

1. The color background are folded, and the fold line will be quite hard to get rid. You can try ironing but when the iron is too hot, the fabric will melt, and when it was not hot enough, the lines will be there. And the lines will appear on your photos.

2. Forget it's portability, since you have to fold the background again to put it in the small black pouch, thus back to problem no 1.

3. The four background has different sizes. Mine the red one was way smaller than the rest.

4. The velcro position is not aligned properly, thus it was difficult to hang the background smoothly.

5. The bottom part (well, there is no top-or bottom here) was not touching the table where I out the lightbox, thus if I put a light object it won't be able to stand, and if I put heavy object the bottom part was streched to touch the table (not a good sight in the photo)

6. Based on my experience, better buy a square one, where all the four sides are square. They come with a better color background which can be attached smoothly to the lightbox because the rectangle shape. The bottom part also alighned with the tablle properly.

My two cents.
    Achetez ce que vous souhaitez, pas ce que vous voulez...

Just got delivered to me in office. Will try it out tonight and post my feedback and pics later.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by voldisinarta View Post
    Just to share my experience on this product:

1. The color background are folded, and the fold line will be quite hard to get rid. You can try ironing but when the iron is too hot, the fabric will melt, and when it was not hot enough, the lines will be there. And the lines will appear on your photos.

2. Forget it's portability, since you have to fold the background again to put it in the small black pouch, thus back to problem no 1.

3. The four background has different sizes. Mine the red one was way smaller than the rest.

4. The velcro position is not aligned properly, thus it was difficult to hang the background smoothly.

5. The bottom part (well, there is no top-or bottom here) was not touching the table where I out the lightbox, thus if I put a light object it won't be able to stand, and if I put heavy object the bottom part was streched to touch the table (not a good sight in the photo)

6. Based on my experience, better buy a square one, where all the four sides are square. They come with a better color background which can be attached smoothly to the lightbox because the rectangle shape. The bottom part also alighned with the tablle properly.

My two cents.

Bro...when you were reviewing this, which light tent were you referring to ? The one posted on this thread or the one in the link to the tago tech store ?

pretty sure they're the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast