Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12273235363738394247 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (33) BUANG manCircle, BUANG!!new

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (33) BUANG manCircle, BUANG!!ne

why always mention 4-5-1? if u look properly,as a unit,its a 4-3-3 going fwd...now thats a bold formation...in my opinion,hiddink is the only person good enuf but chelski chopped him liao...

o'neill doesnt hv a good track record...

i'm still with rafa,he makes noise at the owners,unheard off in history of LFC but never before LFC were made to take millions of pounds of debt incurred by the owners!

we are above chelski & arse...we improve this season...we can win something this season though we make ourselves work harder now that we r 7 points behind...the season is good and can get better,this we achieve under the management of Rafa...the best we had in many years...
    Last edited by roDz; 27th February 2009 at 11:23 AM.

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (33) BUANG manCircle, BUANG!!ne

I agree the media circus that is revolving LFC isn't doing us any good and is an ugly sight to wash out dirty linens out in public.

As for Rafa, his tactics are confusing at times, bottom line is he has improved the squad and lead LFC to a stronger position. I'm more pro of Rafa stay and owners out (take Parry along too).

Honestly, i think Rafa is good but as Taurean has mentioned, his tactics are confusing sometimes, maybe it make sense only to him. Also, his substitution are baffling sometimes. Still if you read
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...90226-1003.htm

You will realised that Liverpool is like defeated once in 35 games.. Thats almost the same level as the Arsenal's invincibles.. Our problem is just finishing teams that we should have beaten, resulting in dissapointing draws. If you consider how many games that Torres and Gerard misses and how Keane fail to perform, you can see we did not do badly. In fact, i think some other players like kuyt (yeah yeah, lots of people say he dont score goals but he's doing dirty work all game at right wing and yet he pops up with the crucial goals), Benayoun (consider how many times he did not start) and Alonso (he scores a few before he got injured early in the season) steps up.

I think the american owners should go. I feel that if Liverpool mgt and owners are supportive of Rafa, at least we should have reinforcement or replacement for Keane in January.

4-5-1. with dirty kite as right winger.

0-0 draws and 1-1 draws at home.

if facing stronger opposition, i LL.

but facing kkj teams?

i remember last season facing non-league team at Anfield in the FA Cup, the same thing happened.

eventually we were knocked out by some kkj team from the lower league.

4-5-1 FTW!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Eh... I think Rafa's idea is not to play 4-5-1 or to stick to a single formation, rather he prefers a fluid system that can change formation at will, unfortunately some of the players dun have that kind of calibre.

Liverpool are ONCE AGAIN the BEST football club in the world!
    by offsidetrap on February 26th, 2009

Or at least that’s what the UEFA rankings are saying, after Liverpool moved back into the top spot ahead of Chelsea. The new rankings are based on results and the quality of your opponent in European competition over the last five seasons.

Considering Liverpool won the competition back in 2005, made it to the final two years ago, and then made it to the semi-final last year, this shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone. Most would agree that whilst Rafa Benitez isn’t in his element when it comes to the league, he’s probably the best manager in the world when it comes to Europe’s biggest stage.

UEFA Rankings

1 Liverpool FC (114.077)
    2 Chelsea FC (110.077)
    3 Barcelona (109.403)
    4 AC Milan (109.306)
    5 Arsenal (101.077)
    6 Sevilla (100.403)
    7 Man Utd (99.077)
    8 Bayern Munich (93.664)
    9 Lyon (90.576)
    10 Inter Milan (87.306)

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/02...-in-the-world/

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Eh... I think Rafa's idea is not to play 4-5-1 or to stick to a single formation, rather he prefers a fluid system that can change formation at will, unfortunately some of the players dun have that kind of calibre.
    the EPL is very different to la liga.

tas y la

4-5-1!!!

Top Scorer List 08/09 (as at 25/02/09)

1. Steven Gerrard 15 (9 EPL, 5 CL, 1 FA Cup)
    2. Fernando Torres 9 (8 EPL, 1 FA Cup) & Dirk Kuyt 9 (2 CL, 7 EPL)
    4. Robbie Keane 7 (2 CL, 5 EPL)
    5. Albert Riera 4 (2 EPL, 1 CL, 1 FA Cup)
    6. Xabi Alonso 3 (3 EPL),Ryan Babel 3 (2 EPL, 1 CL)& Yossi Benayoun 3 (2 EPL, 1 CL)
    9. Sami Hyypia 2 (1 Lge Cup, 1 EPL)
    10. Jamie Carragher 1 (1 EPL),Daniel Agger 1 (1 Lge Cup), Lucas Leiva 1 (1 Lge Cup),Alvaro Arbeloa 1 (1 EPL), Damien Plessis 1 (1 Lge Cup),David Ngog 1 (1 CL) & Fabio Aurelio 1 (1 EPL)

Yossi Benayoun scored a late header as Liverpool claimed a priceless 1-0 away victory to Real Madrid in the last sixteen of the Champs Lge. It was Benayoun's first European goal of this campaign and his third goal in total.

http://www.bootroom.org/smf/index.ph...3703#msg213703

Benitez edges closer to new contract

February 26, 2009

Rafael Benitez has edged closer to signing a new contract with the Reds, according to SKY sources in Liverpool.

Reports claim that Benitez is set to sign a new contract within the next few weeks.

Players rally around Benítez as rumour mill keeps grinding at Anfield

Albert Riera
    "I am sure if you asked all the players if they wanted Rafa to stay with us," Albert Riera said, "100% would say yes."

"We know there is speculation about the manager but we haven't spoken about it as players," said Riera, who will be suspended for the second leg against Real. "We didn't know there was more speculation before the game, we just had a very important match to focus on and prepare for. Nothing else. We have to keep it this was as players and not only in the Champions League. We play Manchester United away very soon, and a win there will be very important for the league, plus we have a real chance now of going past Real Madrid in the Champions League. We don't have time to think about the manager's contract or the other players' contracts."

Javier Mascherano
    "Rafa is doing a great job. We are a top side and he has got us playing at this level," said the Liverpool midfielder and captain of Argentina, Javier Mascherano. "We have shown it against Barcelona and Inter last season and now Real Madrid. We know we are a team that works really hard and the manager has to take credit for that. Every single player gives 100% for him. Obviously I am delighted he has said he is staying. I haven't spoken to him about his situation but Liverpool are doing a great job in the Champions League and Premier League and he is the main reason for that."

"It is hard to explain exactly how much he [Benítez] means and how much he has done for me. When I came to Liverpool I did not have any confidence left because I hadn't been playing at all for West Ham. But now I find that I am always calm when I am playing because he has put such trust in me. All I can say to Rafa is thank you." He has taken me from the lowest point in my career to this. Now, everything I do is not only for the team but for Rafa too."

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Personally, I feel that Liverpool needs an attacking MF player of Robben, Joe Cole or Ribery's calibre in order for 4-5-1 formation to flourish. Dirt Kite is such an industrious player and I really think he's better off as a forward/striker running down the center rather than the wings. As for Alerto Riera, first of all the Man-City-reject was bought to bring flair and creativity to the team. So has he delivered? In my context, he hasn't and there were many occasions he was subbed during the second half for poor performance. Why spent so much money on players like Riera, Pennant or even Keane when they could have prioritized on a purchase of a good attacking MF? These purchases may or may not be made by Benitez himself but as a whole, I think they really gotta spend wisely when getting new players.

i think we need to attack more often through the left wing, not the right.

and sometimes through ball down the center.

and take more long range shots!!!

com'on boys! if u dun shoot, u dun score! we're not gooners who walk the ball into the net!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i think we need to attack more often through the left wing, not the right.

and sometimes through ball down the center.

and take more long range shots!!!

com'on boys! if u dun shoot, u dun score! we're not gooners who walk the ball into the net!
    Do I see the next mgr for LFC ?
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Do I see the next mgr for LFC ?
    GBP 500k per year will do!

give u 1m econs per year... u can be Player Manager

Very cheap .

U should put in contract big big incentives to win 19th title and 6th big ears and big termination $ if relegated to 1st Div.
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    give u 1m econs per year... u can be Player Manager
    i roll down my opponents.

Real Madrid 0 Liverpool FC 1: Tony Barrett's verdict

Feb 26 2009 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

FIRST it was the Nou Camp, then the San Siro and now even the mighty Bernabeu has fallen to Rafa Benitez’s Liverpool.

Three cathedrals of European football, three of the toughest places for any team to win and yet all of them have found to their cost that when it comes to continental conquest the Spanish manager has few peers.

That’s the very same Benitez who spent most of yesterday trying to avoid having to answer ridiculous questions about his future following what can only be described as a disgusting and poisonous whispering campaign.

The build-up to Liverpool’s match with Real should have been dominated by talk of two of Europe’s genuine super powers finally going head to head in a two-legged affair.

It should have featured no little conversation about whether Steven Gerrard would be fit to take on the La Liga giants and how Fernando Torres would figure in a stadium where he has never scored.

Instead, the plazas of Madrid jangled to the sound of unsubstantiated rumour as mobile phones buzzed with text messages from home carrying “news” that the Liverpool manager’s days were numbered because a bookmaker had decided to suspend betting on his future.

Even by Liverpool’s recent standards, such mutterings marked a new low and provided proof if it were needed that cavernous divisions within the club are now being exploited by any scaremonger with an overactive imagination and mischief on their mind.

Make no mistake about it, the Anfield club’s name has been dragged through the gutter in the last 24 hours with wild and often scurrilous speculation suggesting that youth team players, first teamers and even club legends had all revealed that Benitez was on his way out.

This is what Liverpool have come to, but the most worrying aspect of all is that there could still be worse to come because there are no signs of divisions being healed, no indication that anyone in the club’s hierarchy has the inclination to lead the club out of one of the most troubled periods in its history.

Surely now enough is enough and the time has come for messrs Hicks, Gillett, Parry and Benitez to sort out their problems once and for all before the club is derailed altogether.

Somehow, the Liverpool team – that’s the players who the supporters pay to watch and who should be the only topic of conversation – managed to rise above the rancour and produce a performance which will rank alongside any in the Reds’ magnificent European history.

As was the case when Benitez’s side outmanoeuvred and out thought Inter Milan last season, they will today be damned with faint praise.

The prevailing school of thought in some quarters will be that Real failed to deliver when it mattered most after their imperious domestic form had made them favourites to reach the last eight in the eyes of many.

It is an argument which should not be dismissed because the nine times European champions did not perform like a side which had set pulses racing by notching up a 6-1 lead by half time in its most recent fixture.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...52-23016816/2/

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...52-23016816/3/
    Last edited by zhapchit; 27th February 2009 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    Top Scorer List 08/09 (as at 25/02/09)

1. Steven Gerrard 15 (9 EPL, 5 CL, 1 FA Cup)
    2. Fernando Torres 9 (8 EPL, 1 FA Cup) & Dirk Kuyt 9 (2 CL, 7 EPL)
    4. Robbie Keane 7 (2 CL, 5 EPL)
    5. Albert Riera 4 (2 EPL, 1 CL, 1 FA Cup)
    6. Xabi Alonso 3 (3 EPL),Ryan Babel 3 (2 EPL, 1 CL)& Yossi Benayoun 3 (2 EPL, 1 CL)
    9. Sami Hyypia 2 (1 Lge Cup, 1 EPL)
    10. Jamie Carragher 1 (1 EPL),Daniel Agger 1 (1 Lge Cup), Lucas Leiva 1 (1 Lge Cup),Alvaro Arbeloa 1 (1 EPL), Damien Plessis 1 (1 Lge Cup),David Ngog 1 (1 CL) & Fabio Aurelio 1 (1 EPL)

Yossi Benayoun scored a late header as Liverpool claimed a priceless 1-0 away victory to Real Madrid in the last sixteen of the Champs Lge. It was Benayoun's first European goal of this campaign and his third goal in total.

http://www.bootroom.org/smf/index.ph...3703#msg213703
    looking at the goal scorers... actually KEANE wasnt that bad huh? 5 EPL goals is a decent returns since i think he started maybe 10-12 matches and came off after 60-70mins each game.

More interestingly, Kuyt ties with Torres on 9 goals... who says kuyt cannot score ah! LOL

Parry set to leave Reds
    By James Carroll - 27/02/2009 09:17

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry is set to leave the club.

A formal statement is expected to be made by the Reds later on Friday announcing Parry's departure from Anfield by mutual consent.

Parry is likely to continue in his role until the end of the season.

The Liverpool Echo reports Parry's decision to quit the club is due to an unworkable relationship with co-chairman Tom Hicks, rather than the loss of a power struggle with manager Rafael Benitez.