Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (33) BUANG manCircle, BUANG!!new

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (33) BUANG manCircle, BUANG!!ne

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). zhapchit 35pts
    2). cheesecake 29pts
    3). grumpy 29pts
    4). blazer workz 25pts
    5). jfoo 24pts
    6). boresome 25pts
    7). obfuscate 22pts
    8). airfins 20pts
    9). domdomino 19pts
    10). Taurean 19pts
    11). roDz 17pts
    12). canew 16pts
    13). kelccm 8pts
    14). Parchiao 3pt
    15). mario_Pittas 3pts
    16). goondu 1pt
    17). dfstan 1pt

HAT-TRICK HERO!!

1). airfins 26 Nov, 2008 LFC 1 vs. Marseille 0 (Stevie G)
    2). CC 30 Nov, 2008 Chel$ki 1 vs. Gooners 2 (RVP X 2)
    3). obfuscate 13 Dec, 2008 Hotcakes 0 vs. ManCircle 0

25/02/09

REAL Kuniangs vs LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!!!

1). 1-0 LIVERPOOL WIN!! ROAR!!! (Stevie G) cc
    2). 1-0 LFC Wins (Torres) jfoo
    3). 1-1 Liverpool draw (Torres) zhapchit
    4). 0-0 Liverpool Draw domdomino
    5). 2-0 Liverpool Win! (Torres, Torres) blazer_workz
    6). 2-1 Liverpool wins. (F. Torres, F. Torres) Canew
    7). 2-0 Liverpool wins (Kuyt, Gerrard) kelccm
    8). 2-1 Liverpool Wins (Torres, Gerrard) Taurean
    9). 0-0 DRAW () grumpy
    10) 1-1 LIVERPOOL draw (torres) boresome

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (33) BUANG manCircle, BUANG!!ne

GERRARD ON BENCH IN MADRID

Rafa Benitez's team in full is: Reina, Aurelio, Arbeloa, Carragher, Skrtel, Riera, Benayoun, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres, Kuyt.

Subs: Cavalieri, Dossena, Hyypia, Gerrard, Lucas, Babel, Ngog.

BENAYOUN!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

REAL MADRID V LIVERPOOL

Benitez bullish in the face of Liverpool job rumours

By Soccernet Staff

February 25, 2009

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez tonight insisted he was unaware of rumours he was about to leave Anfield.

The Spaniard was speaking after watching Liverpool beat Real Madrid 1-0 in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 clash, with Yossi Benayoun scoring the only goal.

Referring to the speculation about his future, Benitez told Sky Sports: "I didn't know, I was talking with my friends here in Spain and concentrating on the game.''

Asked if there was any truth in the rumours, he said: "No, clearly I was thinking about the game.

"There are important games coming up and I want to concentrate just on the games, and I'll keep in touch with the owners.''

Benitez has so far refused to sign a new contract and is demanding total control over transfers.

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher also dismissed the speculation about Benitez.

Carragher said: "I got a text message about it but Liverpool have created a lot of rumours over the years and that's another one. It was a rumour and there's nothing in it.''

The centre-back felt Liverpool's organisation was the key to tonight's victory at the Bernabeu, where they restricted Real to a handful of long-range efforts.

"It's exactly what you're looking for, a clean sheet and an away goal,'' he added.

"But it's only half-time and they know what they need to do.

"We base ourselves on being organised, we're probably one of the most organised teams and that was evident again tonight. The away goal's massive in Europe.''

Benitez was delighted with the result, which was achieved with only a brief cameo from talismanic skipper Steven Gerrard while striker Fernando Torres picked up an ankle injury and only lasted an hour.

"We knew it could be very difficult, they had a lot of confidence and we needed to work very hard,'' Benitez said.

"At the end we scored a very good goal, without Gerrard, without Torres.''

Referring to Torres' injury, Benitez added: "It was in the first minute, I could see he was not fully fit and it could be a risk for the next few games (if he had stayed on).''

i still love to slam raf999 but i kept some faith.

RAFA RUMOURS `RIDICULOUS` - LIVERPOOL

Posted 25/02/09 16:16

Liverpool are not about to sack manager Rafael Benitez on the brink of their Champions League clash with Real Madrid.

The club have been concerned by speculation that their Spanish manager is about to leave, and sources at Anfield insist that the 48 year-old's position is safe.

Liverpool sources have felt moved to respond to claims that bookmakers have suspended betting on Benitez's future.

A source close to the club said: "Rafa is not going to be sacked, such suggestions are ridiculous.

"We are aware of the rumours and speculation that has been buzzing around in Madrid but it is just not true."

Liverpool are also annoyed that the story has blown up on the brink of the crucial Champions League clash with Real Madrid.

The source added: "This has not bothered the manager or the team. Everything we have done since we arrived in Madrid has been spot on.

"Nobody has even mentioned this and we are surprised that such suggestions have been raised. Rafa Benitez is not about to be sacked by Liverpool."

Support for this view, enflamed by on-going contract negotiations, has come from one of Benitez's closest confidants.

Leading Spanish journalist Guillem Balague is a personal friend of Benitez and has dismissed claims the Liverpool boss is about to be axed.

On his website, Balague wrote: "There are reports that betting has been suspended on this particular market and the rumour that Benitez will be gone has spread like wildfire around the Liverpool supporters out here in Madrid and on the internet.

"If I am honest, I am not entirely comfortable indulging in these stories at the moment as there is so much misinformation being spread around that it is impossible to respond accurately to every single report or rumour.

"However, because of the number of people who are getting in touch with us, I feel I should respond.

"I can say with absolute certainty, categorically, that Rafa Benitez will not be sacked as manager of Liverpool this evening and that these rumours are not true.

"At the moment, the situation is delicate, and there have been developments with regard to the ongoing contractual negotiations at Anfield, and this is something that we will discuss later."

even if the cowgals are goin to sack raf999, they will tarik after this 1-0 away win.

so too bad... perhaps the next time we 4-5-1 at home n buang against smaller clubs then the call will b louder n faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    even if the cowgals are goin to sack raf999, they will tarik after this 1-0 away win.

so too bad... perhaps the next time we 4-5-1 at home n buang against smaller clubs then the call will b louder n faster.
    Unless Rafa quit, else is crazy to sack him before the season ends

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    thanks for the link.

wah Xabi Alonso nearly scored from halfway line

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post

Swee!

YNWA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    thanks for the link.

wah Xabi Alonso nearly scored from halfway line

great vision and technique

Quote Originally Posted by taurean View Post
    huat ah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    thanks for the link.

Wah xabi alonso nearly scored from halfway line
    huat ah!!!

Member/Tangshooter

Swee Lah! Huat Ah!
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

HUAT AH!!

benayoun in fine form!!!

Honestly, Real MAdrid is so poor that Liverpool is not even threaten... I think the 9 win in a roll get them too cocky. Spanish league is too uncompetitive with BArca and RM challenging year in year out and the other sides hardly put up a fight. They are just not combat-ready. Look at how all 4 EPL teams are doing well again. I think all 4 will be in final 8 again.

That said, credit must be given to rafa. You can see how well he understands the opponent and how he lines up. He clearly knows that Robben is quick but likes to cut in, so he can use Aurelio who is slower but tougher tackler and better freekick deliverer (he did send in the winning cross iirc). Also, when Robben cuts in, who is there? Mascherano. He's always there to help crowd out Robber. With Robben nullify, RM got no creative players to threaten us. Any long balls will be won by syktel and carra.

Actually, i think maybe we should have a 2 manager scheme now.. like the Houllier/evans era. Let Rafa be manager in Europe games and Evans (or whoever else but Souness) be in charge of EPL!

As long as Rafa play Mascarano instate of Lucas it should be fine.... and WAIT! NO ELZHAR!!!

i hate lucas
    Leica M 35/50 Summilux

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelion View Post
    As long as Rafa play Mascarano instate of Lucas it should be fine.... and WAIT! NO ELZHAR!!!

almost every post from whitelion is condemning El Zhar

he is not a bad player lah