View Poll Results: Burning of incense should be STOPPED!

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 50.00%
  • No

3 37.50%
  • Doesn't bother me..who cares....

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Burning of incense should be STOPPED!

Default Burning of incense should be STOPPED!

I couldn't sleep...because there are many Chinese burning incense today...besides burning paper they also burn sugar cane....Yes! A living green plant. Can you image how smoky it can get...my whole room smells like it has been set on fire for an hour....

These people are so inconsiderate, for the sake of their own blessing, they are actually destroying our planet by burning so many items that can be useful for consumption or usage. So much CO2 or carbon dioxide is produced!!! It is really smoky!!

Also children who are suffering from respiratory disorder/disease such as asthma will not be able to sleep well, if the family cannot afford an air-conditional.

What's more, after they burnt the items, they just walk away like nobody's business....they are the cause of the fire and they don't even bother to clean up this ****ing mess...Can you imagine what will happen the next day...when the wind starts to blow. Those ashes will be everywhere!@!!! Stupid people and inconsiderate fools....I will throw a big water bomb onto the pool of fire in order to extinguish the flame!!
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

Default Re: Burning of incense should be STOPPED!

but it's our traditions.

And not all people are so inconsiderate one.

Not so bad nowadays. You should see when the flames almost LICK the side of a HDB up to 7 or 8 stories!

I shall not say further, but apart from highlighting the inconsiderate actions that the TS has mentioned, but it also shows the lack of sensitivity and respect that the TS has towards other religious beliefs and traditions, given the harsh tone of speech.

This one is not following the approved method of burning incense , call the police i guess?
    But the situation improved a lot from last time, still got a few jokers though.

If the dead can speak, what will they say? Do they prefer to get their "donations" from a personal pile, or a mass collection bin?

Quote Originally Posted by AReality View Post
    If the dead can speak, what will they say? Do they prefer to get their "donations" from a personal pile, or a mass collection bin?

I think you should do more research before commenting. Religion is very important to some of us, if not all.

Personally i believe that burnt offerings should not be burnt directly below HDB flats or along pedestrian walkways as the possibility of half burnt ash flying into HDB flats are high and almost every year, a HDB flat will be either be accidentally set on fire due to the semi-burnt ash / passerby being burnt.....

Burnt offerings should be done in open places that do not hurt people and where the risk of property being accidentaly set on fire is reduced.

The TS should write to the town council to provide bins in the area concerned.

I am quite tolerant because it is their tradition and religion but I do think they should at least take precautions like using a metal bin. I was eating at a coffeeshop earlier and the wind kept blowing the ash right into the patrons area and food. People soon left feeling quite disgusted. I can still smell the smoke and ash on me.

I am closing this thread based on the following:

• The starting post is too heated (no pun intended). From my experience in CS this is a potential ticket to a flame war.
    • This discussion is bordering on discussing about religion, which is against our Kopitiam guidelines.

If there is a government website or document that outlines the approved methods for incense burning, please PM me the link or information. I will then post that information in this thread.

Thanks!
    -Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.