Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting my First DSLR

Default Re: Getting my First DSLR

I got a 2nd hand D80 body for my gf in gd condition for only $700, comes with everything in the box. Your price of $1050 is chop carrot head price.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    I got a 2nd hand D80 body for my gf in gd condition for only $700, comes with everything in the box. Your price of $1050 is chop carrot head price.
    i assume the D80 that TS is looking for is the one with the kit lens. That might explain the price difference.
    Seems like some come with the 18-55 instead of the usual 18-135?
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    i assume the D80 that TS is looking for is the one with the kit lens. That might explain the price difference.
    Seems like some come with the 18-55 instead of the usual 18-135?
    Even so, still pretty expensive unless it's new from balanced stocks.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by photobugg View Post
    If you have friends who have them, try borrowing them and have a try. Buy the one you find make more sense to you.
    true.. borrow 1st get the feel of it then buy it!

call me selfish, but I wouldn't loan my DSLR to my friend to try-try if he/she was interested in getting a camera. Therefore to be fair, I don't borrow things from my friends to try-try first either.
    hehehe maybe I just don't trust my friends to take care of my stuff the way that I would...
    Exploring! :)

call me selfish, but I wouldn't loan my DSLR to my friend to try-try if he/she was interested in getting a camera. Therefore to be fair, I don't borrow things from my friends to try-try first either.
    hehehe maybe I just don't trust my friends to take care of my stuff the way that I would...
    The only person that i've ever lent for use is my gf, other than her no one else will be able to borrow my cam.

Hi guys,
    Thanks for all your replies, so sorry that I was MIA for the past few days as I was too busy to log on.

Anyway after reading all your advises, I decided that I should get a brand new one instead.
    I'll be waiting for the IT Show 09 on coming March to get it.

So both the Canon 450D & Nikon D80 are relatively the same, just that I have to get a feel of it and decide which one I prefer most eh??

D300 better la

me too, dont lend and dont borrow. If want to use, just go and rent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12