Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help... 5050 w/ TCON17

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Mississauga, On
    Posts
    7

    Default Help... 5050 w/ TCON17

    hey guys/gals,

    i'm want to pick up the TCON17 1.7x when i get my 5050, to improve the 3x optical zoom. but i hear that when you attach the lens, it will disable the viewfinder? which means u have to use the eye lens? is this true?

    thanks again

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    it may block the viewfinder but won't disable it. however, what you see through the view finder is not the same as what you capture.

    you can only use the LCD to compose.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    347

    Smile

    Hi,

    I am looking for one adaptor ring can you guys help advice me...what is the range of this stepper? Is it 43 to 55 or 43 to 52 or 52 to 55 ? I am really confused.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Mississauga, On
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scubanel
    Hi,

    I am looking for one adaptor ring can you guys help advice me...what is the range of this stepper? Is it 43 to 55 or 43 to 52 or 52 to 55 ? I am really confused.

    Thanks
    Hi Scubane,

    you will need the 43-55mm step-up ring from olympus. i believe Tiffen has a 43-55mm as well, but not sure how the fit is. can anyone confirm?

    btw, i'm sure your aware, but u also need the CLA1 adapter.

    hope this helps.

  5. #5
    Member Retro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    East Wing, Dungeon #8
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scubanel
    Hi,

    I am looking for one adaptor ring can you guys help advice me...what is the range of this stepper? Is it 43 to 55 or 43 to 52 or 52 to 55 ? I am really confused.

    Thanks
    It is rather hard to come by a 43-55. For me, I am using a 43-52 plus a 52-55. This also allows me the flexibility to have other add-on filters that may be more commonly available in 52mm rather than 43mm.

    And don't forget you will need the CLA1 adapter too!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    347

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Retro
    It is rather hard to come by a 43-55. For me, I am using a 43-52 plus a 52-55. This also allows me the flexibility to have other add-on filters that may be more commonly available in 52mm rather than 43mm.

    And don't forget you will need the CLA1 adapter too!
    Wow...wonder how much does a CL4 costs? Any other brands available? Any recommendations??

    Thanks guys!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    347

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by scubanel
    Wow...wonder how much does a CL4 costs? Any other brands available? Any recommendations??

    Thanks guys!
    Opps...a CL1 as mentioned not CL4 for the 5050 series

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •