Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 1006

Thread: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

  1. #301
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Yup, I remember this one. Quote a few shops had it actually, so it wasn;t exactly 'rare'.

    I really liked the functionality of the FA though. Kinda like a souped-up, cheaper plastic fantastic version of the F3!
    I almost bought the FA it was like the real first "full electronic" when Nikon step it up one notch into high tech back then.... In the end I went for broke and bought the F3. That was the start of my love for the Nikon F series.

  2. #302

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    You made the right choice in that the FA was 'notorious' for electronic problems (assuming heavy hobbyist usage). The FA was, however, a landmark advancement for the company, and saw the birth of matrix metering (called Automatic Multi-Pattern or AMP metering back then) and the use of micro-processors to crunch the numbers. Another problem was that the FA was too closely priced to the F3 for my liking. Couple that with the fact that the FA had a top and bottom plate made of plastic ... Also, by that time, I had gained a distinct dislike for the local agent, so sorry, no more Nikons for me. I do love their designs though.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 2nd February 2009 at 05:27 PM.

  3. #303

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    my school cancelled because london is getting heavy snow and subzero temperatures

    THE WEATHER IS WIN

  4. #304
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    F3 is very good.......

  5. #305
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    my school cancelled because london is getting heavy snow and subzero temperatures

    THE WEATHER IS WIN
    Oh you are back.

  6. #306

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    last night

    out of window


  7. #307

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Oh you are back.
    LOL

    a lot of people's school cancelled whee

    cos all the buses in london stop service

  8. #308

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    last night

    out of window

    Toy snakes swimming in the snow!

  9. #309

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    go school at barcelona
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

  10. #310
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    You made the right choice in that the FA was 'notorious' for electronic problems (assuming heavy hobbyist usage). The FA was, however, a landmark advancement for the company, and saw the birth of matrix metering (called Automatic Multi-Pattern or AMP metering back then) and the use of micro-processors to crunch the numbers. Another problem was that the FA was too closely priced to the F3 for my liking. Couple that with the fact that the FA had a top and bottom plate made of plastic ... Also, by that time, I had gained a distinct dislike for the local agent, so sorry, no more Nikons for me. I do love their designs though.
    FWAH!!!! heheh you mean the story you told when I met you was during as far back as the Nikon FA!!!!???? hahahahah...... wah. That time Nikon Support was in Orchard Road...think it was building behind that old Citibank branch if I recall correctly heh

    Ya you just reminded that yes that was the time of like the birth of the Matix Metering thingy.
    Last edited by sammy888; 2nd February 2009 at 05:34 PM.

  11. #311
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    wah like that you also can imagine har? heheheh.... scary you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Zac's been there done that!

    Actually shows he has quite good mental imaging leh.
    Actually... tat was from a comic I saw sometime back... the head nun was telling the other nuns that she was gonna put the seat back onto the bikes if they didn't keep quiet...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  12. #312
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    my school cancelled because london is getting heavy snow and subzero temperatures

    THE WEATHER IS WIN
    Time for nice SNOWY pics...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  13. #313
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    LOL

    a lot of people's school cancelled whee

    cos all the buses in london stop service
    I ordered a moon cup from you for my rabbit. You sent me the wrong size, now my rabbit very emo.


  14. #314
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    F3 is very good.......
    it was lengendary. I drop mine 4 times on concrete and down the stairs once (less then a flight- my HDB) it was still working even with a dent to the side. The only one that beat it ws my later F4s. that was built like a tank and great for fighting.

  15. #315
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Actually... tat was from a comic I saw sometime back... the head nun was telling the other nuns that she was gonna put the seat back onto the bikes if they didn't keep quiet...
    can borrow or not?

  16. #316

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    i ordered moon cup from nai mah for my rabbit.......he gave me the wrong size......now my rabbit very emo....

    faint faint faint

  17. #317

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Time for nice SNOWY pics...
    too cold

  18. #318

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    FWAH!!!! heheh you mean the story you told when I met you was during as far back as the Nikon FA!!!!???? hahahahah...... wah.

    Ya you just reminded that yes that was the time of like the birth of the Matix Metering thingy.
    Yup, back then. I had a Tampax MX and my friend bought a F3. I still gave NgeeKong a fair chance though, and went through several bodies - the usual FM2/FE2 titanium FMs etc, and dumped the whole lot for a Canon F-1 based system later on.

  19. #319

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    I ordered a moon cup from you for my rabbit. You sent me the wrong size, now my rabbit very emo.
    lol lol lol

    good what

    the rabbit just float around in that.. super effective, can use for 8 years

  20. #320
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: EXPOSE yourself - XLVIII

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    can borrow or not?
    It was online... let me see if I can find the link...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •