Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orbituary to Sigma 150-500

Default Re: Orbituary to Sigma 150-500

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    add tele? f13 @ 1000...
    erm..... sorri...
    sorri, i dun have that much info for the details....

To TS: HOMG!!!! How did it happened? Really sorry to hear about what happened. I think the chances of recovery of the lens (i.e. meaning fully repair it) is quite low....although the pond itself is freshwater but there may be traces of other contaminants and also the pond prolly contains rainwater (which is slightly acidic on the pH scale) which will over time corrode the lens. The longer it stays in there the much lesser the chance of a recovery. I think no choice but to write it off and well, think of it on the bright side, perhaps its a good excuse to get a new tele lens?

Its a costly and 'heart-pain' thing to happen to any photog...which is why you have to exercise care when changing or swapping gear near potentially danger areas like near water bodies, drains, cliffs, etc.

To give you some sense of comfort, I've also seen pics of lenses 10x as costly as yours (a 600mm f4 telephoto prime) get dunked into a river (tripod failure or perhaps someone accidentally knocked it down)...they needed divers to fish the lens out....become $15k paperweight. I think it was insured though.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    To TS: HOMG!!!! How did it happened? Really sorry to hear about what happened. I think the chances of recovery of the lens (i.e. meaning fully repair it) is quite low....although the pond itself is freshwater but there may be traces of other contaminants and also the pond prolly contains rainwater (which is slightly acidic on the pH scale) which will over time corrode the lens. The longer it stays in there the much lesser the chance of a recovery. I think no choice but to write it off and well, think of it on the bright side, perhaps its a good excuse to get a new tele lens?

Its a costly and 'heart-pain' thing to happen to any photog...which is why you have to exercise care when changing or swapping gear near potentially danger areas like near water bodies, drains, cliffs, etc.

To give you some sense of comfort, I've also seen pics of lenses 10x as costly as yours (a 600mm f4 telephoto prime) get dunked into a river (tripod failure or perhaps someone accidentally knocked it down)...they needed divers to fish the lens out....become $15k paperweight. I think it was insured though.
    hmmmm..... agree.....
    wonder if his tele is still with him..... onli heard about the lens.....
    omg, fish up the 600mm f4 to become paperweight?????
    i think he can use that as a mattress weight when go down to the beach instead.....

get well soon

Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    get well soon
    get well soon????
    Last edited by jackienum; 3rd February 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12