Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IT Show 2009.

Default Re: IT Show 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    saw a WD element 3.5" 1TB selling for $179 liao..
    will be lower at IT show for sure!
    Nowadays memory issue is no longer a problem with such affordable prices!
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Smile IT Show 2009.

Surely,my fri. < hee..

Smile IT Show 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Yeah. Seagate's latest FreeAgent Go's 500GB is only going for $200+. Mine's the 160GB older model and costs the same when i got it over a year ago.
    Yeah man! < hee..

Smile IT Show 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Nowadays memory issue is no longer a problem with such affordable prices!
    U r rite,my fri. < hee..

Wow juicy! Care to share where did you see this?
    TIA!

1TB??? Is it really safe to go for that space 'coz when its corrupted, all will be lost right?

Any experience on damaged HDD?
    ╬Pachelbel in D .357cal

A few days back, a Singnet CSO called asking me to renew my contract which had expired for 2 months.

Here's the snippets of the convo:

Oper: Hi. Are u free to talk?
    Me: Ya.

Oper: We are having a promo for SNBB. The MIO TV and free 1 month of subscription.
    Me: (In my mind) What the heck? So long already still same promo? (Replying) Nah. Not interested. Offer not good enough.

Me: I missed out on the macbook promo due to overseas.
    Oper: Oh. That want have to wait. (Me) o.O! Wait for March fair loh.

Me: Ok. I shall wait. Bye.
    Oper: Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by kennmail View Post
    same here..can ask is WESTERN DIGITAL reali gd? i looking for 3.5" 1TB....saw BEST BARGAINS(Sim Lim SQ) selling at $189(MAXTOR)...wonder if can get similar or better prices for other brands at PC show?
    eh, i have the 650GB one. no problem so far. no complains too.

Another 1 TB for my collection
    Meow!

Hope there'll be good CF card deals!

not necessarily. If you do find and buy a external hdd cheaper then usual, make sure you get an unfilled local distributor warranty card for it as well. from what i heard, the local distros dont service parallel import items but in case lost the warranty card, the distributor can verify their stock or not by serial number.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Not that i wan to bad mouth WD, but the last time i bought the world book, it sucks big time. the software tat it provided for remote access access to the hard disk from anywhere around the world is a trial version but u already paid a higher price compared to the one without the remote access. Felt really cheated. My 2 cts worth of opinion. Cheers

I planning to pick up a Plasma/LCD TV. Do you think it will better to buy from the IT show or outside. The stalls at the fair normally give a lot of deals such as free washing mc,home theatre etc + vouchers,rt? but do they jack up the price?

Quote Originally Posted by billycadiz View Post
    Wow juicy! Care to share where did you see this?
    TIA!

1TB??? Is it really safe to go for that space 'coz when its corrupted, all will be lost right?

Any experience on damaged HDD?
    You can be driven to craziness if things happen. My WD 1tb just failed on me for no apparent reason. I just could not get it running, could not even be recognised! Best part is all my family picures were there. I forgot to update he latest! All the data retrieval software could not put humpty dumpty together again. I could only get it to work again after replacing its casing. Actualy, they are made up of 2 500gbs. So now I separate them.
    Moral of story, if things fail as they sometimes do, just livewith it!(not very philosophical eh!)

At the current prices, you can get 2 500gbs and a nice solid casing for less than $200. I still remember the days when a 20mb hard disk cost me like $800! (Way back in 1988).

Just got a wd 500gb for $80 at SLS, got scratch and win somemore... won a 2.5" 500gb hdd! Hehehe... basically free lah!

Any harddisk these had a small probability of failing on you. Be it Seagate, Samsung or WD. I just depends more on your luck that the brand of the harddisk.
    Check out Newegg.com for user ratings of the various harddisks models out there and u will get a better idea of which one to go for.
    I went for WD caveir Black 200$, mainly cos it has good reviews + 5 yr warranty. I have always been a seagate user, until they reduced their warranty period from 5 years to 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by D100S View Post
    You can be driven to craziness if things happen. My WD 1tb just failed on me for no apparent reason. I just could not get it running, could not even be recognised! Best part is all my family picures were there. I forgot to update he latest! All the data retrieval software could not put humpty dumpty together again. I could only get it to work again after replacing its casing. Actualy, they are made up of 2 500gbs. So now I separate them.
    Moral of story, if things fail as they sometimes do, just livewith it!(not very philosophical eh!)

At the current prices, you can get 2 500gbs and a nice solid casing for less than $200. I still remember the days when a 20mb hard disk cost me like $800! (Way back in 1988).

Just got a wd 500gb for $80 at SLS, got scratch and win somemore... won a 2.5" 500gb hdd! Hehehe... basically free lah!
    Senthil-Minolta/Sony Lens Sale:www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392810
    Sony A350, Pana FZ18

Quote Originally Posted by senthiljams View Post
    Any harddisk these had a small probability of failing on you. Be it Seagate, Samsung or WD. I just depends more on your luck that the brand of the harddisk.
    Check out Newegg.com for user ratings of the various harddisks models out there and u will get a better idea of which one to go for.
    I went for WD caveir Black 200$, mainly cos it has good reviews + 5 yr warranty. I have always been a seagate user, until they reduced their warranty period from 5 years to 3 years.
    Can also run a RAID to make them mirrow each other... say 2 1TB HDD mirroring each other for your backup. Then at least you'll be quite sure it will be 99.9% secured the 0.01 is just in cause you're really so "heng" both failed together... then i think everyone will be speechless already... maybe u need to run 4-10 HDD mirrors already... like those computer companies fail safe
    P&S: Sony U20, Pana-leica FZ5, Canon S90, Pana DMC-T3
    SLR: Nikkor F60, Oly E-510, Oly E-5

High speed 16GB CF card !!

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by D100S View Post

which shop is selling 500gb for $80? need to get 1 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kennmail View Post
    same here..can ask is WESTERN DIGITAL reali gd? i looking for 3.5" 1TB....saw BEST BARGAINS(Sim Lim SQ) selling at $189(MAXTOR)...wonder if can get similar or better prices for other brands at PC show?
    get maxtor instead of WD. The needle will get noisy after a few years and the after servicing can take up to 3months.

Quote Originally Posted by ITphobia View Post
    get maxtor instead of WD. The needle will get noisy after a few years and the after servicing can take up to 3months.
    If noise is the problem, I have found Samsung harddisks to be quietest. But, strangely I could not find 1tb samsung harddisks in Sim Lim. They are highly rated too (in newegg,com)
    Senthil-Minolta/Sony Lens Sale:www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392810
    Sony A350, Pana FZ18

Quote Originally Posted by senthiljams View Post
    If noise is the problem, I have found Samsung harddisks to be quietest. But, strangely I could not find 1tb samsung harddisks in Sim Lim. They are highly rated too (in newegg,com)
    wooo.. if i'm not wrong samsung's harddisk is quite expensive right? I'm using seagate due to the fact they have warranty service done in singapore. I've got very bad experience with WD. Last time send my WD harddisk to Indonesia to fix and took many months to return

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast