Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 1034

Thread: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

  1. #821

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Hi All,


    As during the TCSS Session. We were viewing and talking about taking Good Portrait Pictures... It does chance upon me that sometimes.... I do it myself.. before a shoot (particularly wedding and landscape shoots) I do some research.

    This is not copying but rather gathering inspiration and preparing my mind to be sensitive to the environment.

    Things you can do... for portraits.. and XMM shoots...

    1. Watch Youtube.. Taiwan MTV
    2. See XMM Pictures. Here is an excellent one.
    http://www.pbase.com/albertjou
    Think.. How did they achieve that kind of picture... what did they use? WHAT/ WHERE IS THE LIGHT SOURCE
    3. Imagine yourself at the shoot... what will it be like.. how are you going to counter it. :-}

    I am sure you will come back with better pictures... Else... see more good pictures and shoot more. :-}

    And of course.. wedding photographers I look up to.. and they are NIKON USERS!! WOW!

    http://www.cmphotography.com/
    http://www.joebuissink.com/

    Cheers!
    Last edited by Andrew Ng; 28th June 2009 at 05:41 PM.

  2. #822
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by Winson123 View Post
    nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ng View Post
    Not that exciting... very short....
    Show me the photos can?
    Beginners worries about cost, amaeturs worries about gear, pros worries about light hahaha

  3. #823

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by SingaConnect View Post
    Show me the photos can?
    like that lor... wasted some time changing lens...

    http://nghofei.multiply.com/photos/album/53

  4. #824

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Just drop by The Art House and took a look at some winning photos. Its so unfair!!! Some photographer use flash when the terms & conditions stated no flash otherwise disqualified. Does this always happen in competition?
    I rem the model was shine with blue light all the while, but i saw the photo of the model became white in front, clearly flash was being fired.
    They use prob -2 FEC but still can see the faint light.

    Saw a few blurred photos as well and also some photo which up ISO so high that photos are so grainy.

  5. #825

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ng View Post
    Hi All,


    As during the TCSS Session. We were viewing and talking about taking Good Portrait Pictures... It does chance upon me that sometimes.... I do it myself.. before a shoot (particularly wedding and landscape shoots) I do some research.

    This is not copying but rather gathering inspiration and preparing my mind to be sensitive to the environment.

    Things you can do... for portraits.. and XMM shoots...

    1. Watch Youtube.. Taiwan MTV
    2. See XMM Pictures. Here is an excellent one.
    http://www.pbase.com/albertjou
    Think.. How did they achieve that kind of picture... what did they use? WHAT/ WHERE IS THE LIGHT SOURCE
    3. Imagine yourself at the shoot... what will it be like.. how are you going to counter it. :-}

    I am sure you will come back with better pictures... Else... see more good pictures and shoot more. :-}

    And of course.. wedding photographers I look up to.. and they are NIKON USERS!! WOW!

    http://www.cmphotography.com/
    http://www.joebuissink.com/

    Cheers!
    Oh you shown me before. Yes, the wedding photos are very simple beautiful with background.

    http://www.pbase.com/albertjou/image/98076652
    I am just curious the above photo took at F/5.6 aperture? How can that be.. shouldn't there be a DOF?

  6. #826

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by playplay View Post
    Oh you shown me before. Yes, the wedding photos are very simple beautiful with background.

    http://www.pbase.com/albertjou/image/98076652
    I am just curious the above photo took at F/5.6 aperture? How can that be.. shouldn't there be a DOF?
    Wide Angle Depth of Field is very Shallow unless you go close....

    I don't think flash was use... In CS Photoshop and Lightroom.. I can use software to brighten up the Subjects face...

    It is Okay to have Grainy Pictures unless you are in the commercial line where you produce posters, adverts...

    Next time Just UP the ISO. Anyways.. If half the face is covered in shadow.. or if not properly exposed pic... Less it is etremely well done Low/ High Key pic... then very hard to win. THe Subject Must POP Out.

    This is Damn Good!

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ighlight=Dance

    :-}
    Last edited by Andrew Ng; 28th June 2009 at 10:43 PM.

  7. #827

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by playplay View Post
    Just drop by The Art House and took a look at some winning photos. Its so unfair!!! Some photographer use flash when the terms & conditions stated no flash otherwise disqualified. Does this always happen in competition?
    I rem the model was shine with blue light all the while, but i saw the photo of the model became white in front, clearly flash was being fired.
    They use prob -2 FEC but still can see the faint light.

    Saw a few blurred photos as well and also some photo which up ISO so high that photos are so grainy.
    ... Change your WB and her face would become more natural.... Looks like you need to read a lot..... Is there a link to this pictures???

  8. #828

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-


    Yeah very good. No flash n shoot quite sharp.
    Last edited by playplay; 28th June 2009 at 11:24 PM.

  9. #829

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    If model clothing is white and background is a bright outdoor.. and the background was changed closed to black but model clothing still remain white with facial color (not B/W photo). Is it considered as manupulation of photo?

  10. #830

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by playplay View Post
    If model clothing is white and background is a bright outdoor.. and the background was changed closed to black but model clothing still remain white with facial color (not B/W photo). Is it considered as manipulation of photo?
    Was not there... got picture to illustrate? Very difficult to understand unless there is a picture...

  11. #831

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by SingaConnect View Post
    so how was yesterday's fireworks?
    how's your shot at the bridge? Is it block by IR?

  12. #832

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Have taken the photo from my hp. Will load later..

    Wah Andrew, i just loaded in this morning and you went in to view my Durian buffet trip photo already.
    Sunset taken in JB Danga Bay.
    Just to clarify abit on the sunset photo which you mentioned underexposed. Since its a landscape, then no flash required, so the kids playing along the beach will be unexposed. Cos my main target aren't them, shouldn't it be left unexposed?

  13. #833

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by playplay View Post
    Have taken the photo from my hp. Will load later..

    Wah Andrew, i just loaded in this morning and you went in to view my Durian buffet trip photo already.
    Sunset taken in JB Danga Bay.
    Just to clarify abit on the sunset photo which you mentioned underexposed. Since its a landscape, then no flash required, so the kids playing along the beach will be unexposed. Cos my main target aren't them, shouldn't it be left unexposed?

    I meant the sky is should be a little brighter.... Sky is underexposed... I have to look harder to find the children...


  14. #834
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by cheerful88 View Post
    how's your shot at the bridge? Is it block by IR?
    Here is the view, taken using my hp. Didn't have my camera with me, just being there to see see look look with a frend of mine.


    As above:
    1: Main Fireworks
    2. Stage fireworks location during the show
    3. The stage; all happenings clearly visible
    4. The barge that was firing the fireworks

    Below me i can see the holding area. A very good vintage point.
    Beginners worries about cost, amaeturs worries about gear, pros worries about light hahaha

  15. #835

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by SingaConnect View Post
    Here is the view, taken using my hp. Didn't have my camera with me, just being there to see see look look with a frend of mine.

    As above:
    1: Main Fireworks
    2. Stage fireworks location during the show
    3. The stage; all happenings clearly visible
    4. The barge that was firing the fireworks

    Below me i can see the holding area. A very good vintage point.
    wow! so detail ah...but the construction doesn't look nice leh.
    We're opposite the IR...shooting the nice reflection
    going again this sat?

  16. #836
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by cheerful88 View Post
    wow! so detail ah...but the construction doesn't look nice leh.
    We're opposite the IR...shooting the nice reflection
    going again this sat?
    Yeah, This saturday i going with the real stuff haha. Anyway, the view is very good(*Just need to use photoshop to erase some distracting things haha)
    Beginners worries about cost, amaeturs worries about gear, pros worries about light hahaha

  17. #837

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by SingaConnect View Post
    Yeah, This saturday i going with the real stuff haha. Anyway, the view is very good(*Just need to use photoshop to erase some distracting things haha)
    aiyo so troublesome la...if not shoot the distracting things as abstract...hahaha

  18. #838
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by cheerful88 View Post
    aiyo so troublesome la...if not shoot the distracting things as abstract...hahaha
    can see sunset and also the aircrafts flying by at very low altitude
    Beginners worries about cost, amaeturs worries about gear, pros worries about light hahaha

  19. #839

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    Quote Originally Posted by SingaConnect View Post
    can see sunset and also the aircrafts flying by at very low altitude
    I agree! Top view.. VERY NICE AH!

  20. #840

    Default Re: Bukit Panjang Shooters -Part II-

    what did i miss?

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •