Thread: Why are u Earning a Profit Selling me Your 2nd Hand Stuffs?

Default Why are u Earning a Profit Selling me Your 2nd Hand Stuffs?

I'v have a minty camera that cost me $70.
    The market resale value is ~$100. Brand new cost $150.

When I try to sell this camera for $95, buyer refused to deal because I'm making a $25 profit.

What kind of mentality is this? Must it always be buyer win, seller loose? Can't they accept a win win situation like this case that I've brought up?

Let's say u got some good lobang and can get the EOS 10D for $1500. Are u expected to sell it in mint conditon for less than this amount? For me, I will grab from u for $1800 and smile all the way home!

Lightbulb

hello,

so what is wrong with making a profit from deals? it doesn't have to always be that the seller has to make a loss... right?
    depends alot on foresight and opportunistic flair... ?

if u managed to pull it off, hats off to u. u've the makings of a businessman!
    if its good deal to both parties, i.e. both managed to gain something from the deal, why not?

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

*shrug* sounds to be like it's the buyer's loss, cos if it's really such a good deal, the seller shouldn't have a problem finding another buyer at the same price.

heh heh brother!!

this is like a joke leh...

this buy/sell is strictly business. sometimes losses are incurred... sometimes profits...

think...
    if only Nikon can produce a D2H at S$5k and retails it at S$2k... hahahaa

isn't all this the dynamics of business and sales? buy at low price, sell at a profit.
    so, what's wrong with that?
    likewise, the one who purchased ur camera can choose to sell it at an even higher price, but whether he can get it sold, is another thing altogether...

not a problem with me at all....

yeah babe yeah!!!

every seller has the right to name the reserve price.
    if the price is too high, buyer has the right not to buy.
    it is also depending on the condition of the stuff on sale.

bargaining will comes in, but does not mean that the seller needs to sell at a loss, if the asking price is not met.

if you feel the price is right, then buy.
    if not, go somewhere else and find your own.

so, who is losing and who is in the gain?

Quote Originally Posted by kenghor
    I'v have a minty camera that cost me $70.
    The market resale value is ~$100. Brand new cost $150.

When I try to sell this camera for $95, buyer refused to deal because I'm making a $25 profit.

What kind of mentality is this? Must it always be buyer win, seller loose? Can't they accept a win win situation like this case that I've brought up?

Let's say u got some good lobang and can get the EOS 10D for $1500. Are u expected to sell it in mint conditon for less than this amount? For me, I will grab from u for $1800 and smile all the way home!
    Man what a jerk! Sorry to hear about it, maybe your potential buyer should try buying a resale HDB flat from the 1st owner for a start!

Default hahhaa

Quote Originally Posted by ydanz
    Man what a jerk! Sorry to hear about it, maybe your potential buyer should try buying a resale HDB flat from the 1st owner for a start!
    hahahahhaa

yeah brother! very funny!

yeah babe yeah!!