Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567
Results 121 to 130 of 130

Thread: Assignment: What can we do to change the world?

  1. #121

    Default Re: Assignment: What can we do to change the world?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    I am going to be out of the house. Then only power I will be drawing is from my legs which will be powering my mountain bike !!! heheh.....
    that's a great idea! hahaha but the street lamps are ON leh.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    20 minutes left for an hour of silence - can clubsnappers do it?
    2 mins!!!!! LOG OUT NOW!!!!
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  2. #122
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Assignment: What can we do to change the world?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    that's a great idea! hahaha but the street lamps are ON leh.....



    2 mins!!!!! LOG OUT NOW!!!!

    That is not my problem i should think heheh.. I was using my leg power and 4 batteries to power my tail light and frontal blinker for safety. Anyway.... I saw almost hardly no effect where I cycle looking at flats. heh.. The power off like someone pointed out was infact wasting away at the powerstation. But what I was looking for was how widely the green message might have effected people to think.

    We still have a long way to go.

    Want to change the world? Change yourself first.

  3. #123

    Default Re: Assignment: What can we do to change the world?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    That is not my problem i should think heheh.. I was using my leg power and 4 batteries to power my tail light and frontal blinker for safety. Anyway.... I saw almost hardly no effect where I cycle looking at flats. heh.. The power off like someone pointed out was infact wasting away at the powerstation. But what I was looking for was how widely the green message might have effected people to think.

    We still have a long way to go.

    Want to change the world? Change yourself first.
    A long long way, mainly because things like these can take decades of conditioning and nurturing and that's probably with full governmental support and encouragement.

    Like Sammy says, it has to start with one person.

  4. #124

    Default Re: Assignment: What can we do to change the world?

    Change the world?

    Just pick up the the sea shells and throw them into the sea.

  5. #125

    Default Re: Assignment: What can we do to change the world?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    A long long way, mainly because things like these can take decades of conditioning and nurturing and that's probably with full governmental support and encouragement.

    Like Sammy says, it has to start with one person.
    Agree with both you and Uncle Sam. Has to be definitely with full govt support in Singapore. Campaigns such as "2 is enough" and courtesy week have been successful, and think the govt will get there.

    Think the suggestion of a car free day in the "earth hour" poll thread would be fantastic! A total car ban in the city without impacting on business deliveries. When London had its terrorist attack, central London had a car ban for some days after whilst investigations and works were being carried out. It was so nice to have the quietness and less sooted airways (nose). It would be great to have a no car day!
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

  6. #126

    Default Re: Assignment: What can we do to change the world?

    Just a thought: To change the world we need a world vision. If a company lacks vision, they flounder. is our world floundering? What is our world vision? Do we need to find one that can be nurtured?

    An example: Sri Chinmoy devoted his life to change the world. He wanted (he's now dead) a world where harmony and oneness reign supreme. Where we (the human race) want the power of love and not the love of power.

    He has inspired an organisation to continue his dream, led by inspiring words and action. The World Harmony Run is just one of those actions to share across cultures the idea of oneness.
    Last edited by Lady Ice; 14th May 2009 at 06:23 AM.
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

  7. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    390

    Default Re: Assignment: What can we do to change the world?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    Just a thought: To change the world we need a world vision. If a company lacks vision, they flounder. is our world floundering? What is our world vision? Do we need to find one that can be nurtured?

    An example: Sri Chinmoy devoted his life to change the world. He wanted (he's now dead) a world where harmony and oneness reign supreme. Where we (the human race) want the power of love and not the love of power.

    He has inspired an organisation to continue his dream, led by inspiring words and action. The World Harmony Run is just one of those actions to share across cultures the idea of oneness.

    The world vision could possibily be created by the same force that make people goes round.

    The individual life has to do with the agenda that he or she has set out for, and by
    that part in modern day living we have come to call in simple language is your soul.

    However not every individual has found his or her soul, therefore the idea of oneness
    will be always be in vain and so is the idea of a world vision.

    Great thought Lady Ice!

    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Our prayers are answered not when we are given
    what we ask, but when we are challenged to be
    what we can be". - Morris Adler

  8. #128

    Default Re: Assignment: What can we do to change the world?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    Just a thought: To change the world we need a world vision. If a company lacks vision, they flounder. is our world floundering? What is our world vision? Do we need to find one that can be nurtured?

    An example: Sri Chinmoy devoted his life to change the world. He wanted (he's now dead) a world where harmony and oneness reign supreme. Where we (the human race) want the power of love and not the love of power.

    He has inspired an organisation to continue his dream, led by inspiring words and action. The World Harmony Run is just one of those actions to share across cultures the idea of oneness.
    World Vision
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  9. #129

    Default Re: Assignment: What can we do to change the world?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    Think the suggestion of a car free day in the "earth hour" poll thread would be fantastic! A total car ban in the city without impacting on business deliveries. When London had its terrorist attack, central London had a car ban for some days after whilst investigations and works were being carried out. It was so nice to have the quietness and less sooted airways (nose). It would be great to have a no car day!
    Or you can always have an Olympics (ala Beijing style).
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  10. #130
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sing-a-pour
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Assignment: What can we do to change the world?

    easy

    or sorry i may say it's hard...in fact very hard.....but still POSSIBLE

    1. stop all pollution(i admit this is very hard coz me myself is guilty of it, tabao food home also contribute to pollution coz of the plastic packaging)

    2. stop all discrimination of minorities(ex-convicts, convicts, prostitutes, GLBT, foreign workers etc etc)

    3. end poverty

    4. love each other more

    some food for thought

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •