Thread: drybox / silica gel

Default drybox / silica gel

is it realli necessary for a camera to be placed in a dry box? whats the purpose?

how bout just leavin it in the camera pouch with silica gel inside?

Default Re: drybox / silica gel

for long invest and protect you camera body and lens is better to get a dry cabi
    Nikon D300|50mm|Sigma 24-70mm|Sony CX7|LX3|Multiply /Foto

Hi

Using dry box for temporary is okay and its recommended, but for long run, its advisable to use dry cabinet, as you can more on control the humidity.

Some problem of dry box is sometimes to dry, and if you keep opening your box everyday, the gel will turn it very quickly from blue to purple, then you need to buy again the new box of silica gel or if you creative a bit, you can heat it up the silica gel.

Just my 2 cents

Regards
    Phil
    Enjoy the photo shooting and learning forever

Quote Originally Posted by sr1688 View Post
    Hi

Using dry box for temporary is okay and its recommended, but for long run, its advisable to use dry cabinet, as you can more on control the humidity.

Some problem of dry box is sometimes to dry, and if you keep opening your box everyday, the gel will turn it very quickly from blue to purple, then you need to buy again the new box of silica gel or if you creative a bit, you can heat it up the silica gel.

Just my 2 cents

Regards
    Phil
    Hi Phil,

i'm a newbie and also just bought a dry box to store my camera and lens for the time being.
    What are the value-for-money dry cabinet you recommend?

Thanks.

PLEASE..... use the SEARCH function.... this has been discussed OVER and OVER AGAIN...

Just look for the two top brands, Akarui and Digi-Cabi
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Hi

There is so many variety for dry cabinet with so many range of price, some okay brand like digicab, for 30L arround $100+

Thx
    Enjoy the photo shooting and learning forever

I have a digicabi. But I would like to store some stuff that I don't use very often in a drybox. I would like to find out from those who has used one... how do you control the humidity in the drybox? If we can get it right, say around 40-50%, then technically, we can just keep it sealed for a long time without opening it... more for archival purpose?