Thread: D60/d80

Default D60/d80

Hi all, this is not a "should I get a D60 or D80" thread. I'm just hoping to hear from what people think of having a camera without internal motor as compared to having one. Well this started from a thought of moving from a D60 to a D80 because of the lenses available (no motor ones seem cheaper and pretty good quality too).

To view it in a long term perspective, a D80 kinda camera would actually save more money right(since its colour and capabilities are still better than D60)?

Default Re: D60/d80

Quote Originally Posted by deckb5 View Post
    Hi all, this is not a "should I get a D60 or D80" thread. I'm just hoping to hear from what people think of having a camera without internal motor as compared to having one. Well this started from a thought of moving from a D60 to a D80 because of the lenses available (no motor ones seem cheaper and pretty good quality too).

To view it in a long term perspective, a D80 kinda camera would actually save more money right(since its colour and capabilities are still better than D60)?
    I have both cameras now, image quality seems almost the same. You should change to D80 only if you need to use lens without motor, or other features such as bracketing. If not, your D60 is good enuf. It even has antidust feature & expeed processing which D80 does not have.

Internal motor and u have more ( cheaper ) Nikon AF lens choices.

My friend thought that Nikon might produce a cheap and good AFS 50mm replacement for his D40. Seems like the cost was a gross underestimation.

Ryan

It depends on wat your aim is, don't forget the fact that the lower end cameras are using SD cards and the 3 digit bodies are all on CF cards... so if you have felt that the camera has lived up to your expected end of life and wish to carry on with better gears, then consider getting a 3 digit body... they will be more worth it in terms of a upgrade.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site