Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how much post process?

Default Re: how much post process?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Sometimes when i take pics i like to underexpose it a bit so i can process it when i load it up my computer. But when it's over, it's literally over.
    Isn't this the old-school rule: Expose for the highlights, develop for the shadows?

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Isn't this the old-school rule: Expose for the highlights, develop for the shadows?
    That's their rule. Mine's very simple, as long as i'm satisfied with the result, that's it.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    That's their rule. Mine's very simple, as long as i'm satisfied with the result, that's it.
    that's it, very simple indeed.

ultimately it depends on what message the shooter wants to convey with the picture.
    of course, critics is what makes him improve on the aesthetic part.

i remember one comment of a fellow CSer on a dark glommy shot by another member, then the TS PP it and made it lighter. honestly i like the raw pic, very "dramatic" and some agreed with it.

that's IMHO.
    "wisdom is not measured by the knowledge you know, but the knowledge you have"
    forever newbie: D60

Quote Originally Posted by sanas View Post
    that's it, very simple indeed.

ultimately it depends on what message the shooter wants to convey with the picture.
    of course, critics is what makes him improve on the aesthetic part.

i remember one comment of a fellow CSer on a dark glommy shot by another member, then the TS PP it and made it lighter. honestly i like the raw pic, very "dramatic" and some agreed with it.

that's IMHO.
    Yeah so how much editing to do depends on each individual as there's absolutely no such thing as a standard rule for all on this.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12