Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does one develop a photographic eye?

Default Re: How does one develop a photographic eye?

Quote Originally Posted by two200 View Post
    For me, I usually copy people's idea but then it makes it so commonplace, sigh! Tried new angles but then it does not turn out pleasant to the eyes. So how?
    Regarding angles, move yourself (or the item if it's small) until it looks good in your viewfinder. If it doesn't look good then, odds are it won't look good in the photo also. Could be as simple as taking a step to the side. Oh and try close up with wide angle vs shooting at a distance with telephoto also. They make a difference even with the same thing.

I think its more of previsualising what you wanna shoot, how you want it to look etc..

How about trying all possible angle degree by degree?

Let's see....

Take a subject, shoot:

360 degrees X 180 degrees = 64,800 possible combinations!

Then only decide which one looks best. By then you should be able to discern which angles suits you.

Pisduck:
    Books on composition is definitely hard to come by. I had read the photographer's eye before and learn quite a bit.

Lord Soth:
    Thanks. Forgotten about art books on compositions.

Jetfynn:
    At 648000 combinations, my 8G card just wont do and even if it works, I do not have the time to go thru them!
    Idea got, execution not!
    APAD|Travelogue

You should read at least 1 good book. I am now reading this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Photographers-...3483991&sr=8-1

Contrary to what people may think (especially those with a little bit more ego), very few people are born with a photographer's eye. The rest of us need some guidance. Practice is important, but coupled with knowledge, you can get to where you want to be in a fraction of the time.

You need to understand and internalise things like the shape of the frame and how to exploit it, basic graphic design principles, etc... Then after some practice, you know what to capture when you look at each scene. At the very least, you will know if your shots are crap without having to post them on clubsnap and getting blasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

it took me some time to develop this thou... u wanna attain it, you should try to shoot more...
    lol that's pinwheel eye
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12