Thread: BW film?

Default BW film?

Hi all,

Just wondering what sort of 35mm BW film you use to snap ppl, ie wedding?
    My friend is having a wedding and I want to try out on becoming a backup photographer

thx.
    Nikon 4 & lots of hollow chunky glass

Quote Originally Posted by b18
    Hi all,

Just wondering what sort of 35mm BW film you use to snap ppl, ie wedding?
    My friend is having a wedding and I want to try out on becoming a backup photographer

thx.
    You can try the Ilford films. Delta or HP series? Those films are not cheap not to mention the processing costs.

Either that you can try the chromogenic ones. For Ilford, XP2 or T400CN Kodak.

Quote Originally Posted by coke21
    You can try the Ilford films. Delta or HP series? Those films are not cheap not to mention the processing costs.

Either that you can try the chromogenic ones. For Ilford, XP2 or T400CN Kodak.
    B&W not that expensive..its actually cheaper for me to shoot and process tmax400 than fuji superia 100. try searching the forum for people selling bulk rolled B&W film to try it out at lower cost.

Quote Originally Posted by jon33
    B&W not that expensive..its actually cheaper for me to shoot and process tmax400 than fuji superia 100. try searching the forum for people selling bulk rolled B&W film to try it out at lower cost.

True and not true. Depends on where you develop. For me developing superia with 37 prints is definitely cheaper then B&W anytime..

Quote Originally Posted by jon33
    ..its actually cheaper for me to shoot and process tmax400 than fuji superia 100. try searching the forum for people selling bulk rolled B&W film to try it out at lower cost.

note the words 'for me'. so it is true, but its true in a limited sense.

If you develope b&w film yourself like I do, it is much cheaper than asking the photolabs to develope for you for $5. Definitely cheaper than buying and processing colour film. Basically I just pay for the roll of b&w film, cost around $4.50 and $5.50, or cheaper still if bulk rolled. Ilford HP5+ and Delta series are nice, so are Kodak's Tri-X.

Anyone got comments on fuji neopan?

andylee
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Jer76
    Anyone got comments on fuji neopan?
    Films like FP-4, HP-5, Tri-X, Pan-F and Neopan is my primary choice.
    Last edited by andylee; 3rd October 2003 at 11:32 PM.

It's not really cheaper to develop yourself coz you haven't factor in your own labour cost, or opportunity cost.

But it's fun if you enjoy developing yourself.

andylee
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Blue
    It's not really cheaper to develop yourself coz you haven't factor in your own labour cost, or opportunity cost.

But it's fun if you enjoy developing yourself.
    Ha Ha, I think it's economic to do it myself.just spend some quailty time on your hobby.what i do is to process it myself, then scan it and print the contact print on inkjet paper on epson printer.inkjet paper--->ilford gallarie--->0.70cents only+ ink cost---> S$1.50 ok.imagine asking people to print contact, S$7 to S$12 include processing a roll.