Dear Fellow CSnappers,
First of all - GONG XI FA CAI! And be sure to buy the $10 million Toto Hong Bao Draw! :P
Now, I have this problem with my Macbook. I just sent it for servicing and found out my HDD has died. Just brought back home today and trying to set up everything. And my Macbook just keeps showing the error message when I try to re-connect to my wi-fi.
Basically I tried to Google online, go to MacForums and reset my router and nothing works.
In a nutshell: -
1. I am using a Belkin N1 router and Motorola modem.
2. I am using both a PC desktop and a Macbook.
3. If there is NO security (aka no password protection), both can connect to the wifi with no problem.
4. If I put in the password using WEP, only my PC desktop can connect to it but not my Macbook.
5. I can only use WEP because I am using the Wii and Nintendo DS and they only accept WEP.
6. I have tried using the 64 bit and 128 bit but my Macbook still doesn't recognize it.
Can some kind tech-guru out there guide me what's wrong with my Macbook or router? Or someone knows some self-help website out there that can explain this problem?