Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Thread: Petrol on the increase

  1. #41

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    No worries...no one can charge Singaporeans who boycott NTUC products right? All these consumption are consumer rights and decision. No authorities have the right to force consumer to pay for services that they deem as unfit.

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    If i'm not wrong boycotting in Singapore is illegal.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    Yes, I read this before. The concept is to get all motorist to pump what they needed for that day use and thus minimize over purchase of petrol. If one can save a purchase of $10 per week compared to normal usage, an overall efforts could cause great reduction in petrol consumption. This would means lesser sales for the petrol firms.

    It is just like going to Kopitiam to eat. You can either pay cash or pay by their cards. If pay by their cards, one need to pay Kopitiam in advance who inturn could use that money to roll to gain some returns. If you pay cash, you just pay what you need.

    So if one pump full tank all the time, your car is actually carrying more loads and thus burnt more fuel. It could also leads to more careless or improper travel route as mentally you got more petrol to burnt. If you just pump what you need, you will be more aware of fuel consumption and petrol companies cannot get your sales upfront first. Hope I am right on this.

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post

    Last time there is one e-mail in circulation saying that instead of pumping full-tank..go for $20 or $30 per pumps..and pump only when necessary. Not necessary to maintain full tank when driving around in Singapore especially petrol stations are almost everywhere. By doing so, the refeulling truck have to come less..petrol-chemical production companies will start chalking up their own tanks.

    Couldn't explain better myself, but hopefully bros here understand what I mean. And hopefully those who can explain better or still have that e-mail can post up here and share.

  3. #43
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    Quote Originally Posted by stor View Post
    Yes, I read this before. The concept is to get all motorist to pump what they needed for that day use and thus minimize over purchase of petrol. If one can save a purchase of $10 per week compared to normal usage, an overall efforts could cause great reduction in petrol consumption. This would means lesser sales for the petrol firms.

    It is just like going to Kopitiam to eat. You can either pay cash or pay by their cards. If pay by their cards, one need to pay Kopitiam in advance who inturn could use that money to roll to gain some returns. If you pay cash, you just pay what you need.

    So if one pump full tank all the time, your car is actually carrying more loads and thus burnt more fuel. It could also leads to more careless or improper travel route as mentally you got more petrol to burnt. If you just pump what you need, you will be more aware of fuel consumption and petrol companies cannot get your sales upfront first. Hope I am right on this.
    Close..but i've found it. http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/eggs.asp
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  4. #44
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    As what I've said before, unless your tank is big enough to let you run for a long time without having to top up, you can't force storage issues on the gas companies. The boycott analogy on the Kopitiam card or MRT card or any stored value card will also not work if your card can only accommodate a small maximum limit. But we all know that for Kopitiam card, one top up lasts you much more than a few weeks.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Heheh okay, now the hard part is getting everyone to agree to do the same thing

    There is a website that tracks petrol prices - www.petrolwatch.com.sg.

    Check it out, they even tracked the most recent change. The starter is Shell! :P

    Also you see the recent price increase, all like cartel sia, the prices are IDENTICAL right until the third decimal place haha!

    http://www.petrolwatch.com.sg/news/
    Thank you for sharing.

    It is amazing that all of them selling their good at the same price!

    They are telling everybody that their operating costs are the same across the board!!!!

  6. #46
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    No such thing as operating costs the same one lah heheh :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Thank you for sharing.

    It is amazing that all of them selling their good at the same price!

    They are telling everybody that their operating costs are the same across the board!!!!

  7. #47

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    No such thing as operating costs the same one lah heheh :P
    Can we, by any chance, know the profit of the various companies?

  8. #48

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    You can do the search at Registry of Companies but need to pay. Even you knew the profits takings, what can one do? Your voice will be drowned as no one cares. Look at today Parliament sessions. Any MPs or Opposition parties in the session brought forward this concern?

    *** MP asked for GST cut....I see it is just a wayang show...fat hope! Opposition...........I hear nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Can we, by any chance, know the profit of the various companies?

  9. #49

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    Quote Originally Posted by stor View Post
    You can do the search at Registry of Companies but need to pay. Even you knew the profits takings, what can one do? Your voice will be drowned as no one cares. Look at today Parliament sessions. Any MPs or Opposition parties in the session brought forward this concern?

    *** MP asked for GST cut....I see it is just a wayang show...fat hope! Opposition...........I hear nothing.
    They have other things to worry.

    I think CASE will be in a better position to comment.

  10. #50
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    I just find it impossible to believe that the price of retail petrol can be exactly the same, across the board, down to the tenth of a cent.
    hehehe i'm glad to see so many responses to my 'theory'. Well, I didn't say it was feasible. I certainly hope that Singaporeans can cooperate in this way.
    ECONOMIC DEFENCE (one of the pillars of total defence), where all Singaporeans unite to boycott the first petrol brand that raises pump prices.

    Even if the companies take turns to raise prices, if many people cooperate, i'm sure the boycotted company will feel the difference in their takings. So when it's their turn to raise prices again the next time, they might think twice
    Exploring! :)

  11. #51

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I have an idea! But I'm not sure if it's feasible.
    How about all motorists gang up to boycott the first petrol company that raises prices? It won't really save motorists $ in the short term, since all the rest will follow suit.
    But over a few cycles, if enough people take part in this, the companies will see a difference in their takings. Perhaps they won't be so quick to raise prices next time. If it really works, nobody will dare to be the first one to raise prices. That should be a good scenario.
    what do you guys think?
    i think the market in singapore is not that significant for the petrol companies to take serious notice.

  12. #52
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i think the market in singapore is not that significant for the petrol companies to take serious notice.
    don't underestimate the power of voting with your wallet!
    Exploring! :)

  13. #53

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    They have other things to worry.

    I think CASE will be in a better position to comment.
    Maybe we can get the press to interview CASE for their comments!

  14. #54

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I just find it impossible to believe that the price of retail petrol can be exactly the same, across the board, down to the tenth of a cent.
    hehehe i'm glad to see so many responses to my 'theory'. Well, I didn't say it was feasible. I certainly hope that Singaporeans can cooperate in this way.
    ECONOMIC DEFENCE (one of the pillars of total defence), where all Singaporeans unite to boycott the first petrol brand that raises pump prices.

    Even if the companies take turns to raise prices, if many people cooperate, i'm sure the boycotted company will feel the difference in their takings. So when it's their turn to raise prices again the next time, they might think twice
    Such thing happened in Singapore. Do they also occur in other countries?

  15. #55

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    Petrol increase again!......

  16. #56

    Default Re: Petrol on the increase

    I will not pump petrol from Caltex. This is my choice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •