Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 159

Thread: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

  1. #101
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    24,053
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    ah the max 20 pushup rule

    once i had my newbirds do area cleaning before they can go home for the weekend

    and every mistake they made will owe me 20
    in the end they owe me 80 push ups

    on the count of 20 they all hold it there, i told them the rule and that they must rest before they can cont.
    but the ferry was leaving soon .....

    so i closed my eyes and say if they want to do all 80 i cannot see

  2. #102
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    24,053
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    btw i did my bmt at SBMT Hotel Coy

    smalltake were you my instructor? you must be old

    i remember a cpl chow

    he told us that his daughter name will be CB

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Up North......
    Posts
    624

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    btw i did my bmt at SBMT Hotel Coy

    smalltake were you my instructor? you must be old

    i remember a cpl chow

    he told us that his daughter name will be CB
    Hahahh...... he must be my senior!! lolx
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

  4. #104
    Senior Member yokechye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,892

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Quote Originally Posted by smalltake View Post
    My uncle was under them before. He said when they shouted FALL IN, there are soldiers who literally jump down from the 4th floor.... bec all scared to be last - sure kena punished one. Sounds scary man.......
    jump from 4th floor? sure or not... leg got break?

  5. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Up North......
    Posts
    624

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    jump from 4th floor? sure or not... leg got break?
    Soldiers at that time are highly strung, especially they were trained under the Isaraelis. This is true lah, no joke. You think last time army like now, publish in papers and complain here and there one eh? Last time no welfare one........... I have seen pictures of pants standing....... without people wearing it hor......

    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

  6. #106
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,833
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    ah the max 20 pushup rule

    once i had my newbirds do area cleaning before they can go home for the weekend

    and every mistake they made will owe me 20
    in the end they owe me 80 push ups

    on the count of 20 they all hold it there, i told them the rule and that they must rest before they can cont.
    but the ferry was leaving soon .....

    so i closed my eyes and say if they want to do all 80 i cannot see
    evil... u sound like my PS back in gryphon coy tekkong...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

  7. #107
    Senior Member yokechye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,892

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Quote Originally Posted by smalltake View Post
    Soldiers at that time are highly strung, especially they were trained under the Isaraelis. This is true lah, no joke. You think last time army like now, publish in papers and complain here and there one eh? Last time no welfare one........... I have seen pictures of pants standing....... without people wearing it hor......

    shirt n pants standing got. my father's one was like that. but 4th storey. its unbelievable. if u jump down like that, confirm break limp. people even died from jumping from 4th floor. Unless they are Parkour. Maybe not jump directly, is holding onto the edge and quickly jump from floor to floor. sometimes army stories I never believe 100% coz the story often morphed from mouth to mouth and sometimes exaggerated

  8. #108

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Gryphon?
    SGT Yan, Martin and Teo?
    Evil men....

    Or LT Cyril Lim... very fierce

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    evil... u sound like my PS back in gryphon coy tekkong...
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  9. #109

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    evil... u sound like my PS back in gryphon coy tekkong...
    Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Gryphon?
    SGT Yan, Martin and Teo?
    Evil men....

    Or LT Cyril Lim... very fierce
    hehe, familiar names. Cyril Lim now so fatty fatty bom bom! See his face with funny postures at the photo studio at Suntec I want to laugh. If I remember correctly, one G'Coy CPL became an architect at SAA, another CPL became a maths professor at NUS.

    1st night at PL27, LTA Ong (who was going to ROD) told us, "Hell got many people, don't join them for the wrong reasons". I think they were afraid one or two REC would commit suicide.
    Last edited by foxwagon; 2nd February 2009 at 08:43 PM.

  10. #110

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Maths professor?

    This chap used to hit us on the head with the steel helmets!

    My schoolmate broke his leg during the long march - Azman or something like that.

    ITD 89



    Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    hehe, familiar names. Cyril Lim now so fatty fatty bom bom! See his face with funny postures at the photo studio at Suntec I want to laugh. If I remember correctly, one G'Coy CPL became an architect at SAA, another CPL became a maths professor at NUS.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  11. #111

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    That's Cyril and Sean in the center.
    The maths professor I think is Chan HH.
    He's not in the picture so I guessed he already ROD by then.
    Pete & other ex-Gryphonites, should we use PM instead, I was thinking others may start to think this has become a personal thread?

    Army life may not had been honeymoon. I accept it as a way of life as a Singaporean male, curse and swear as we did in the active time, I believe many of us accept it that we had to do it and look forward to the annual in camp training and see each other platoon mates again after one year. I may think that my training was tough, but when I think of my friends who went to Commando, I think I had it easy compared to them, so I should'nt complain too much.
    Last edited by foxwagon; 3rd February 2009 at 12:37 AM.

  12. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Up North......
    Posts
    624

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    evil... u sound like my PS back in gryphon coy tekkong...
    Was your gryphon coy the one that do their 5 bx at 5am and wake all of us up in the morning!!!! Damn noisy! !
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

  13. #113
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,833
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Quote Originally Posted by smalltake View Post
    Was your gryphon coy the one that do their 5 bx at 5am and wake all of us up in the morning!!!! Damn noisy! !
    told u i have a crazy PS...

    nice to wake up to some hokkien, yah?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

  14. #114
    Member/Tangshooter StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,215

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    And Monkey God.. no less...
    OMG !! his stories still live on !! at least he help us bann alot of PT lessons wahahahhah

    Now morning no area cleaning !!!! WTH
    AIR CON BUS !!!! WTF
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

  15. #115

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    OMG !! his stories still live on !! at least he help us bann alot of PT lessons wahahahhah

    Now morning no area cleaning !!!! WTH
    AIR CON BUS !!!! WTF
    Monkey God? The PTI who went into DB... LOL
    I can still remember how tortured us during my BMT.
    Anyway, I can remember, he is particularly afraid of one Encik, but I can remember his actual name, right now.

  16. #116

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Chan?
    He was in charge of Platoon 25, Cat C platoon.
    I saw him a few times when I was a student in NUS. Even saw Sean too.

    As for taking this to a new thread, why not have a look at this:
    http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/in...?topic=46125.0

    We found a lot of our old school mates and we have met and chatted ever since.

    Cheers

    Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    That's Cyril and Sean in the center.
    The maths professor I think is Chan HH.
    He's not in the picture so I guessed he already ROD by then.
    Pete & other ex-Gryphonites, should we use PM instead, I was thinking others may start to think this has become a personal thread?

    Army life may not had been honeymoon. I accept it as a way of life as a Singaporean male, curse and swear as we did in the active time, I believe many of us accept it that we had to do it and look forward to the annual in camp training and see each other platoon mates again after one year. I may think that my training was tough, but when I think of my friends who went to Commando, I think I had it easy compared to them, so I should'nt complain too much.
    Last edited by petetherock; 3rd February 2009 at 10:50 AM.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  17. #117

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    I remember Monkey God too...

    and my ICT starts tomorrow!

  18. #118

    Talking Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    http://www.joanliew.com/

    You wished your PTI was like this....

  19. #119
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,759

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    OMG !! his stories still live on !! at least he help us bann alot of PT lessons wahahahhah

    Now morning no area cleaning !!!! WTH
    AIR CON BUS !!!! WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by scanner View Post
    Monkey God? The PTI who went into DB... LOL
    I can still remember how tortured us during my BMT.
    Anyway, I can remember, he is particularly afraid of one Encik, but I can remember his actual name, right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by elgkh View Post
    I remember Monkey God too...

    and my ICT starts tomorrow!
    Medicine ball PT....

    Log PT

    Rifle PT

    Pizza Hut number (at the field)
    Shakey's Pizza number (at the field)

    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  20. #120

    Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

    I know of a person who serve 6 years NS... guess what and why?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •