Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

Default Re: You know you are getting old, if during your NS days...

the name tags were in color coded acylic,

Green=england ed.
    Orange=chinese helicopter
    Purple=hokkien piangz

there are also malay and tamil ones,
    but i dont remember the colors?

me enlisted - 0ct '78,

recruit was payed $90.00 and complusory ONE DOLLAR deduction for Poineer magazine subscription, knn...
    wonder how to survive with 89 dollar a month then?

Winston Choo was the only Bgr General,
    more α33 shots
    less talk

Quote Originally Posted by sk_2 View Post
    the name tags were in color coded acylic,

Green=england ed.
    Orange=chinese helicopter
    Purple=hokkien piangz

there are also malay and tamil ones,
    but i dont remember the colors?

me enlisted - 0ct '78,

recruit was payed $90.00 and complusory ONE DOLLAR deduction for Poineer magazine subscription, knn...
    wonder how to survive with 89 dollar a month then?

Winston Choo was the only Bgr General,
    oh...sound so familiar... $90

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    and during standby bed the NCOs will throw out stuff not to their liking - flying boots, mess tins, beds...

damn....i'm old
    that happened during my time in bmt. dunno i am unlucky or not. my sergeant just threw everything in the bunk. think he got pms

Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    how long hv u got to serve?
    Still got 1.5 years more to go. Only served 3 high keys so far. They did not called me up until I was 31. After that they don't know where to put me

Still have to do 2 more IPPTs before I hit 41!

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    Agree, reservist time quite fun to see the chaps once in a year, away from work.

ROD June 90. Still serving also, battalion standing down this year, will miss the chaps. Last IPPT to clear this year.
    Looks like I'm not the longest serving one here!

Soon to be though as I've still got next year to look forward to

Last time we had to greet the cooks during meal times with "Good morning/afternoon/evening cook!" else kenna scold by said cook, given very small serving or extremely HUGE serving (cannot waste food means cannot throw away any food)......
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

Haha reading all this brings back memories. One thing i clearly remember was Stand by Cupboard -> Bed -> Bunk -> Level -> Universe and those "EVerything in! Everything out!" =X The whole coy kana wack left right center...

And during parades:

CSM: " WHY GOT C*** HAIR ON UR UNIFORM!?!?!?! DEFAULTER'S PARADE!"

gee...

do they still practice white tape on helmet to identify bo bo shooters?

and Reporting RP back then was as good as going to DB. I did 14 days Reporting RP.

reporting to guard room to entertain MP every hour. Standby full pack every hour. Area cleaning for the entire Nee Soon Camp.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    Haha reading all this brings back memories. One thing i clearly remember was Stand by Cupboard -> Bed -> Bunk -> Level -> Universe and those "EVerything in! Everything out!" =X The whole coy kana wack left right center...

And during parades:

CSM: " WHY GOT C*** HAIR ON UR UNIFORM!?!?!?! DEFAULTER'S PARADE!"
    I remember the standby bed have to layout everything in order inside that small cupboard..
    they even check your spoon is clean a not by checking whether can use as mirror to see ur teeth..they oni provide that lousy soap bar for washing which sometimes cannot wash off very oily stains..

Talk about C*** hair, they sometimes even check the soap box for it..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by chisiang View Post
    gee...

do they still practice white tape on helmet to identify bo bo shooters?

and Reporting RP back then was as good as going to DB. I did 14 days Reporting RP.

reporting to guard room to entertain MP every hour. Standby full pack every hour. Area cleaning for the entire Nee Soon Camp.
    dun think got white tape anymore

bmt dun hv reporting rp lo... but i think OCS still have that.

and i remember vividly.... the change parades.... geez... brings a tear to my eye.....

"Company, bunk 1 change to bunk 2 and bunk 2 everything to bunk 1! Gentlemen, I give you 7 minutes ha, 7 minutes, starting from.... 3 minutes ago! MOVE MOVE MOVE!!! You fccbmf!!!!"
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    wah.. isreali instructor was my father's era
    My uncle was under them before. He said when they shouted FALL IN, there are soldiers who literally jump down from the 4th floor.... bec all scared to be last - sure kena punished one. Sounds scary man.......
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    and during standby bed the NCOs will throw out stuff not to their liking - flying boots, mess tins, beds...

damn....i'm old
    When I standby bed with my recruits..... no need to throw one leh. One hand and one leg enough liao. Procedure: Open cupboard door, one leg at the bottom of cupboard and one hand at the top.......... just one pull/shake..... everything will come out liao...... hehehe.......
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBull View Post
    and i remember vividly.... the change parades.... geez... brings a tear to my eye.....

"Company, bunk 1 change to bunk 2 and bunk 2 everything to bunk 1! Gentlemen, I give you 7 minutes ha, 7 minutes, starting from.... 3 minutes ago! MOVE MOVE MOVE!!! You fccbmf!!!!"
    This is music to my ear.................. those sweet memories........... our passion......... the sweat.......... wow!! hehehe.....

The worst one was change parade, together with change bunk parade together with bunk to parade sqaure...damn.. just think of it... feel like shouting knnbcccb ah!!!! but cannot.. now in office.... ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by smalltake View Post
    When I standby bed with my recruits..... no need to throw one leh. One hand and one leg enough liao. Procedure: Open cupboard door, one leg at the bottom of cupboard and one hand at the top.......... just one pull/shake..... everything will come out liao...... hehehe.......
    At least you still give them face. My SOB got thrown from lvl 3 Instructor told me : "Why is this muddy SOB doing in the room!"

The worst one was change parade, together with change bunk parade together with bunk to parade sqaure...damn.. just think of it... feel like shouting knnbcccb ah!!!! but cannot.. now in office.... ahem.
    I got see other coy did that before... damn poor thing lor. Bring their cupboard down to parade square to stand by under the hot sun. I feel for you man

I thought I was a *******...... looks like I am pretty mild.......

Cannot imagine how they bring the bunk down to parade square. Those were the days....

Before I ROD, MINDEF came out with a directive that recruits cannot be punish with more than 20 push ups......... solution? We started from -20.... too soft, cannot hear again..... start from beginning.... once finish, we ask them "Whats the miximum number of push-ups you have counted?" All will shout 20!!. Of course, if you have one shouted 40! then it starts all over again..... normally no repeat of this type of mistake, bec after that, it blanket party at night .... lesson times............. hahahahah..........

those days with the sadist and the CKK

how did we do it? we basically started by carrying the cupboards, then at first carry to stairs damn shagged liao, so put one side down and dragged it down the stairs, plomp plomp plomp! then we were on the 4th floor (knn...) then too shag and slow, we push it down stairs... pim pah lam pong! all the way down to parade square! really.. now think about it, blood boil sial... but also damn funny... some in pt kit, some in smart4 some in top long 4 with pt shorts with boots, some in slacks, pt shoes and vest, etc all cos of the prior change parade....

how did we do it? we basically started by carrying the cupboards, then at first carry to stairs damn shagged liao, so put one side down and dragged it down the stairs, plomp plomp plomp! then we were on the 4th floor (knn...) then too shag and slow, we push it down stairs... pim pah lam pong! all the way down to parade square! really.. now think about it, blood boil sial... but also damn funny... some in pt kit, some in smart4 some in top long 4 with pt shorts with boots, some in slacks, pt shoes and vest, etc all cos of the prior change parade....
    Steady lah!! Never tried that before......

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast