Thread: LCD Canon A430 is black out when taking picture.

Red face LCD Canon A430 is black out when taking picture.

Dear Photographers,

I'm a newby here, first I'am sorry if this question is not suitable for this forum. I've been searching around to find the right one, but couldn't find any better than this.

I have bought a new A430 Canon Powershots about 2 years ago. It worked fine until few days ago I got black screen on the LCD when it turned on. It was just black, and so I couldn't see anything. When I tried to take picture (in black screen), it seemed work (there was a little "click" sound), but then the result was only a black picture. It wasn't dropped or hit by anything, as it was always been kept safely.

I've checked same case on the internet, and I found several people facing same case, one even state that it happened to his camera after 2 yrs having it.

Is there any of you experienced or acknowledged such problem previously ? Please welcome any advice or information regarding my Canon.

Please be understood that this camera means a lot to me, since I'm now having several official monumental events (in my campus and my office) to be taken.
    Besides, we also have an hyperactive baby and his activity to be taken whole day long.

Regards,
    Indra Tobing
    Last edited by itobing; 29th January 2009 at 12:55 PM.

Default Re: LCD Canon A430 is black out when taking picture.

Dear Indra,

First things first, is there anything blocking the lens? If there's nothing blocking it, do you see anything else on the LCD? Eg. some text information or is there totally nothing at all on the LCD? If the are some information on the LCD, then it could be the aperture is stuck hence the black pictures. How come the aperture gets stuck? Humidity.

Please send your camera to Canon Service Centre at Harbour Front for servicing. I think it should be free or even if they charge you it shouldn't be more than S$60 and will usually take about a week to repair. Hope that helps. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by itobing View Post
    I have bought a new A430 Canon Powershots about 2 years ago. It worked fine until few days ago I got black screen on the LCD when it turned on. It was just black, and so I couldn't see anything. When I tried to take picture (in black screen), it seemed work (there was a little "click" sound), but then the result was only a black picture. It wasn't dropped or hit by anything, as it was always been kept safely.
    Do you see anything on screen when switching to Play mode? Do you see anything when pressing the menu button to access the camera settings? This should clarify whether the aperture got stuck or the screen itself is damaged and cannot display anything.

Quote Originally Posted by itobing View Post
    Dear Photographers,

I'm a newby here, first I'am sorry if this question is not suitable for this forum. I've been searching around to find the right one, but couldn't find any better than this.

I've checked same case on the internet, and I found several people facing same case, one even state that it happened to his camera after 2 yrs having it.

Is there any of you experienced or acknowledged such problem previously ? Please welcome any advice or information regarding my Canon.

Please be understood that this camera means a lot to me, since I'm now having several official monumental events (in my campus and my office) to be taken.
    Besides, we also have an hyperactive baby and his activity to be taken whole day long.

Regards,
    Indra Tobing
    i hope my pns get bad asap, so i can have the best reason to upgrade to a DSLR
    but tat is just me, hope ur camera gets back to working condition soon...
    cheers..