Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: time tested ways of loosing weight ..without much of pain

Thumbs up Re: time tested ways of loosing weight ..without much of pain

Thanks guys for all your inputs.
    Personality can open doors, but only character can keep them open

Default Re: time tested ways of loosing weight ..without much of pain

This is what matters most to me - ie to look leaner than losing weight. I can hardly compromise on food. At times I plan to reduce or even skip my meal but end of the day I end up eating more!

The best exercise I want to suggest is stair climbing. Best exercise for heart. It is said to burn 3 times your calorie when u do climbing instead of walking.

I climb up to 160 floors in 40-50 mins 4-6 days a week and this ensures that my weight is maintained ;-)

Note: If you want to be leaner, you have to exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    well, i think you have to think, you wanna look leaner or you wanna just simply lose weight as in kg/pounds...

if its to look leaner... then most likely you might even remain same weight or even gain... cos muscles are heavier than fats. which i saw on the scales, my weight never drop but ppl say i look slimmer, so you have to think which one you are going for... and if you lose weight, most likely you will lose muscles 1st if its the diet way... fats are harder to burn if they are there... unless your every meal is just fiber and proteins. 0 fats... but you have to take many meals a day.

Painless way of losing weight - morning banana diet!

I have seen a TV program documenting a Japanese celebrity's attempt at the morning banana diet. She lost some weight I think a few kg in a month.

The diet is about eating a banana (or two) in the morning, and waiting at least 30 min to pass before eating anything else.

There's apparently some substance in bananas that help breaks down fat plus other benefits.

I have never tried this before, but it is a huge fad in Japan. I have seen Japanese books about the morning banana diet at Kinokuniya too. You can also find plenty of English articles on the web.

That said, a farmer once told me bananas are one of the most heavily sprayed (pesticides etc) produce. It also happens to be one of the cheaper fruits though..

Quote Originally Posted by f1to128 View Post
    Painless way of losing weight - morning banana diet!

I have seen a TV program documenting a Japanese celebrity's attempt at the morning banana diet. She lost some weight I think a few kg in a month.

The diet is about eating a banana (or two) in the morning, and waiting at least 30 min to pass before eating anything else.

There's apparently some substance in bananas that help breaks down fat plus other benefits.

I have never tried this before, but it is a huge fad in Japan. I have seen Japanese books about the morning banana diet at Kinokuniya too. You can also find plenty of English articles on the web.

That said, a farmer once told me bananas are one of the most heavily sprayed (pesticides etc) produce. It also happens to be one of the cheaper fruits though..
    hmm, looking at monkeys... they eat more bananas than we do...

then i look at some of them... esp orang utans... dun seem to be slim thou...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    hmm, looking at monkeys... they eat more bananas than we do...

then i look at some of them... esp orang utans... dun seem to be slim thou...

I'm sure after eating pesticide banana, sooner or later their banana won't stand up also.
    ╬Pachelbel in D .357cal

Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky View Post
    Reservist. I lost 7 kg during 1st week of chiong suah .

It's free and you get to do it during office hours (and more).
    I gained weight during reservist, too many canteen breaks.

well atlast im convinced that i need to sweat a bit .. bought a AIBI walker from a friend

and will do some re-adjustments with my diet too.

I heard in Ayurveda they suggest a glass of luke warm water + 1 tbs lemon + 1 tbs honey everyday early morning to be very much effective for burning fat.but i haven't tried this as yet lets see how good it works ut to be.

Cheers guys and keep your suggestion comming in

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    I gained weight during reservist, too many canteen breaks.

I managed to cut some flabs... (varies from 3~5kg) in a span of 4 months when I quit drinking a can of soft drinks everyday

And then another 2~3 kg in 2 months by climbing 4 floors everyday.

that should help you hit your target. but the thing is you must keep doing it.

cutting carbo or replacing with complex carbo really helps big time.

Recently, I started climbing stairs instead of taking the lift. I nearly lost my mind. I live on the 13th floor btw.

Quote Originally Posted by gsv13 View Post
    well atlast im convinced that i need to sweat a bit .. bought a AIBI walker from a friend

and will do some re-adjustments with my diet too.

I heard in Ayurveda they suggest a glass of luke warm water + 1 tbs lemon + 1 tbs honey everyday early morning to be very much effective for burning fat.but i haven't tried this as yet lets see how good it works ut to be.

Cheers guys and keep your suggestion comming in
    thats to just make it more easier to digest those food that you have eaten... but if you have stomach ulcer or weak stomach wall, you better cut down on that lemon, cos its going to make your gastric juice more acidic. btw, its 1 glass of luke warm water + 1 tablespoon of lemon JUICE, and 1 tablespoon of honey rite...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Recently, I started climbing stairs instead of taking the lift. I nearly lost my mind. I live on the 13th floor btw.

Then how bout after 7pm diet? Anyone tried before?
    ╬Pachelbel in D .357cal

yep its 1 tablespoon and water should be luke warm not boiling

Yeah i too lost significantly after i reduced on weekend drink's party ..its basically the snacks with drinks which adds too much..4 pegs & 500 gms of tandori chicken & kebab's

Quote Originally Posted by chisiang View Post
    I managed to cut some flabs... (varies from 3~5kg) in a span of 4 months when I quit drinking a can of soft drinks everyday

And then another 2~3 kg in 2 months by climbing 4 floors everyday.

that should help you hit your target. but the thing is you must keep doing it.

cutting carbo or replacing with complex carbo really helps big time.

one of my friend did loose and was able to get good sleep too

I tried it..works only when you goto bed at 9 or 10 max..else u end up having 2 dinners one at 7 and next at 12

unfortunately i goto bed only around 12 ...so no choice ..

Quote Originally Posted by billycadiz View Post

Then how bout after 7pm diet? Anyone tried before?

I told this Dr friend of mine. Go and invent a machine that can convert body fats into diesel for the car - new generation bio-diesel. so before you start the car, go and eat hamburger and french fries, plug into your stomach and drive off. lose weight and environmentally friendly. sure can make tons and tons of money.

OK seriously. Exercise more and eat less, no simple way out. I also read that drinking water before a meal helps to curtail the hunger. Cut off all ice cream, chocolates, char kway tiao, laksa etc.

Sign up for those runs, eg StandChart Marathon in Dec. Start from 10km most basic. Then since you have set yourself a target, exercise to meet that target regularly, with a moderate increase periodically. StandChart is end of year, now is start of year. So got plenty of time to train up.
    Last edited by foxwagon; 2nd February 2009 at 09:18 PM.

think of your body as a machine, say a car. think of your fat intake as fuel. in order to burn more fuel(less efficient for car, but to look good for human beings), u will either need to drive longer distance, or to increase your engine size. If your intake does not change, and your exercise duration cannot increase more, then u need a overhaul of your exercise plan in order to increase your "engine cc". How to do that? simplest way, is to do extra weight training. The proven way to lose fat, although u may not necessary lose a lot more weight sometimes when its just a few pounds of fat targeted. Do read up this, u will understand y.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    I told this Dr friend of mine. Go and invent a machine that can convert body fats into diesel for the car - new generation bio-diesel. so before you start the car, go and eat hamburger and french fries, plug into your stomach and drive off. lose weight and environmentally friendly. sure can make tons and tons of money.

OK seriously. Exercise more and eat less, no simple way out. I also read that drinking water before a meal helps to curtail the hunger. Cut off all ice cream, chocolates, char kway tiao, laksa etc.

Sign up for those runs, eg StandChart Marathon in Dec. Start from 10km most basic. Then since you have set yourself a target, exercise to meet that target regularly, with a moderate increase periodically. StandChart is end of year, now is start of year. So got plenty of time to train up.
    wrong place to plug thou... should have just inserted a NG tube thru the nose or a bigger one thru the mouth... unless you have a bucket seat in the car... can try the vacumn suction.

Aiya, just sign up a gym, then pay for personal trainer, u will feel the pinch when you pay... then u will go...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12