Thread: Anyone knows if those photolab machines can print fr pdf files?

Default Anyone knows if those photolab machines can print fr pdf files?

I happen to have only a pdf copy of a image file. Anyone knows if those machines can read/print Adobe pdf files? Quality is not so critical to me.

Thanx in advance

Default Re: Anyone knows if those photolab machines can print fr pdf files?

Quote Originally Posted by cookie88 View Post
    I happen to have only a pdf copy of a image file. Anyone knows if those machines can read/print Adobe pdf files? Quality is not so critical to me.

Thanx in advance
    Nope. PDF files require a reader. Haven't found one that has it pre-installed yet.
    Alpha

Thanks for the reply. Asking bcos noticed they are accessing the images via a normal PC attached to the machine. Thot it may be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Nope. PDF files require a reader. Haven't found one that has it pre-installed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie88 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Asking bcos noticed they are accessing the images via a normal PC attached to the machine. Thot it may be possible.
    So you're not asking about the kiosks, but the PCs, right? Well, if it's the PCs, you *might* be able to get it done, but you better make sure your PDF file has no border or blank space around the image.
    Alpha

Yes, there have a PC to hood up the machine, but is using the dedicate software to do the correction and feeding, and the software don't support PDF file format.

However, it is still possible to print PDF file via Photoshop, but the results is horrible, and they can't do anything about it.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

vince123123
    Guests

Actually PDFs can be imported into Photoshop. I suggest you do the conversion first and pass them the PSD files to print. If your PDF was done in native format (e.g. either vectors or fonts) the results can be quite good - you can select the DPI in which the import to PSD can be done. If your PDF is a scan, then well results will be worse.

Oh... I didnt know that. OK, will go explore and thanks for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Actually PDFs can be imported into Photoshop. I suggest you do the conversion first and pass them the PSD files to print. If your PDF was done in native format (e.g. either vectors or fonts) the results can be quite good - you can select the DPI in which the import to PSD can be done. If your PDF is a scan, then well results will be worse.