Thread: Circular Polarizer - where's the best place to buy one and how much?

Default Circular Polarizer - where's the best place to buy one and how much?

Hi,

I'm very new to dSLR photography and I always envy those outdoor pictures with startling contrasts between skies and clouds. That's why I'm on my way out now to buy a CPL, but which shop sells the cheapest? Is there a previous thread with price lists of filters? How much does one usually cost for 52mm lens (D60)?

Thanks.

Default Re: Circular Polarizer - where's the best place to buy one and how much?

Please try a search. There are numerous such threads and pricelists.
    Alpha

Default Re: Circular Polarizer - where's the best place to buy one and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by cottonbuds2005 View Post
    Hi,

I'm very new to dSLR photography and I always envy those outdoor pictures with startling contrasts between skies and clouds. That's why I'm on my way out now to buy a CPL, but which shop sells the cheapest? Is there a previous thread with price lists of filters? How much does one usually cost for 52mm lens (D60)?
    Getting a CPL does not means that you can always get a startling contrast... Taking multi-exposure shots on the other hand in most cases "guarantee" it...

Hi,

Thanks.
    Isnt that the job of ND filter?

pricing have to depend on US$ prices. As long not too much difference consider cheapest already.

In my experience, best place need not necessarily mean the cheapest place and vice versa..
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Isnt that the job of ND filter?
    Actually it is GND filter..

Hi,

Thanks.
    Which ever filter you buy you need to know what grade(quality) of CPL you need or want. There are as many grades as there are brands and the prices vary considerable. Example: there are at least three grades of Hoya CPLs. Read up first or else you run the risk of paying more than is required.