Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Talking about Blacklisted shop..... I kenna vulgarities.

  1. #1

    Thumbs down Talking about Blacklisted shop..... I kenna vulgarities.

    Wha lau!! today went to SLS.. then went to this shop. Newly open. Inside cameras all place nice nice. Shop interior decor very nice! Like some "prime and proper" shop. I go in and ask how much is their CF card reader, $35.

    Nvm, then i go on in and see still got what other stuffs that i might be able to get.. Don't have.. So i proceeded to make my way out. Ah, the Canon EOS 300V caught my eye.. So i thought should be harmless if i asked how much it was right? So i went "eh uncle ar, your 300V how much??" He replied "$690." then walked away before i could ask anymore.. So i said, "ah thanks" then walked out ar.. Then when we were going down the escalator, my friend heard them say "hong kan". I don't know what it means, but i know it's a hokkien vulgarity..

    Anyway, the shop is not hard to spot.. Cameras, rather small shop.. Come up from first level, turn left, most prolly can see. It's not hard to notice. The shop name is "darxxxx photo".. Just thought i'd let you all know..

    BEWARE!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    Wha lau!! today went to SLS.. then went to this shop. Newly open. Inside cameras all place nice nice. Shop interior decor very nice! Like some "prime and proper" shop. I go in and ask how much is their CF card reader, $35.

    Nvm, then i go on in and see still got what other stuffs that i might be able to get.. Don't have.. So i proceeded to make my way out. Ah, the Canon EOS 300V caught my eye.. So i thought should be harmless if i asked how much it was right? So i went "eh uncle ar, your 300V how much??" He replied "$690." then walked away before i could ask anymore.. So i said, "ah thanks" then walked out ar.. Then when we were going down the escalator, my friend heard them say "hong kan". I don't know what it means, but i know it's a hokkien vulgarity..

    Anyway, the shop is not hard to spot.. Cameras, rather small shop.. Come up from first level, turn left, most prolly can see. It's not hard to notice. The shop name is "darxxxx photo".. Just thought i'd let you all know..

    BEWARE!
    Hi there,
    before you get angry first.are they talking about you and your friend or may be when you and your friend about to step out of the shop,they will just joking of something.

    Joe

  3. #3

    Default

    Oh, from the tone my friend mimicked, it doesn't sound like joking..

    Well, for one, walking away from customers not very nice right?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    424

    Default

    this type of language is spoken by majority of the sales staff in SLS, so it could be part of their casual conversation to each other. don't lose sleep over it, just accept that it's the culture there. do you own research, know where to buy what at what price, then get out of there, no point wishing for impeccable service in a place where it's rarer than a 1Ds.

  5. #5

    Default

    haha .. then i think they have been saying tat "HK" words many times during a day ....

  6. #6

    Default

    Hahaha.. Don't worry, won't lose sleep one..

    But bad customer service is a

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wacko
    this type of language is spoken by majority of the sales staff in SLS, so it could be part of their casual conversation to each other. don't lose sleep over it, just accept that it's the culture there. do you own research, know where to buy what at what price, then get out of there, no point wishing for impeccable service in a place where it's rarer than a 1Ds.
    The 'HK' word is indeed not very nice.

    Even if they are not referring to the customer, uttering vulgarities within earshot of customers is very bad image for the shop.

    Other no no, include quarreling among staff and showing your displeasure by slamming down phone, or slamming shut cardboard/cabinet doors loudly.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    The 'HK' word is indeed not very nice.

    Even if they are not referring to the customer, uttering vulgarities within earshot of customers is very bad image for the shop.

    Other no no, include quarreling among staff and showing your displeasure by slamming down phone, or slamming shut cardboard/cabinet doors loudly.



    You make a good sales person


  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3


    You make a good sales person

    Hi there,
    did you and your friend go back to the shop and find out about it or did you went to make a report to police?


    Joe

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3


    You make a good sales person

    I am not in sales, though can be considered under the 'service' sector.

    I have to smile at customers who speak bad things abt my company and blame you for things which are not even under your control...

    That's part and parcel of the 'service' sector, if you can't keep your cool with bad customers then you are not suitable to be in the service industry.

    While I don't expect "impeccable service" or even niceties like "Welcome, Thank You...etc" to be dished out at SLS shops.
    As a paying customer, I do expect to be treated with politeness and patience if I take longer than usual to decide on a product.

    Because electronics are not like 7-11's stuff, in which you enter, pick up and queue to pay.

  11. #11

    Default

    Go back? For what? To find trouble? I initally wanted to. But the better side of me forbided. Well, one less quarrel = one less bruise. Need to make a police report meh? So serious meh?

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    Go back? For what? To find trouble? I initally wanted to. But the better side of me forbided. Well, one less quarrel = one less bruise. Need to make a police report meh? So serious meh?
    I agree.
    It's a comsumer's market out there.

    I won't bother to give the shop a 2nd chance to "clarify" themselves.

    There are so many shops out there vying for the consumer dollar, if you don't get good service than MAKE THE SWITCH and look for another.

    Why bother go back and ask "Excuse me but are you referring to me when you said 'HK'?"

    If they don't treat you like a customer than they don't deserve you spending time and money on them.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    Go back? For what? To find trouble? I initally wanted to. But the better side of me forbided. Well, one less quarrel = one less bruise. Need to make a police report meh? So serious meh?
    they say something not very nice and over hear it.why not?
    or you talk to the boss over there and reason out with them not using your hand to wack them.Ask them why.You just asking for the price of the item only mah you did nothing wrong.Asking price would kill you

  14. #14

    Default

    Wha.. Like that a lot of people will get reported to police loh..



    Thanks anyway

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    Wha.. Like that a lot of people will get reported to police loh..



    Thanks anyway
    why not.you did nothing wrong in the first place ask price cannot meh.Which shop did you and your friends went to?

  16. #16

    Default

    I think it's not very nice to name it here.. I'll PM you the shop name

  17. #17

    Default

    maybe the guy accidentally drop a lens and he just exclaimed "Hon Kan".
    its like most people sometimes just walk walk, then suddenly remember something tht he forgot, and unknowingly exclaimed "****".

    "Hon Kan" and "****" have the same weightage. so dun be too sensitive

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    2 things to note:

    1) Most shops in SLS don't provide good customer service. Some give 'good' price though. So if you expect 'better' service at 'reasonable' price, try elsewhere for your photography equipment.

    2) As for the HK thing, it may or may not be directing at you, so just forget it.



    Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    Wha lau!! today went to SLS.. then went to this shop. Newly open. Inside cameras all place nice nice. Shop interior decor very nice! Like some "prime and proper" shop. I go in and ask how much is their CF card reader, $35.

    Nvm, then i go on in and see still got what other stuffs that i might be able to get.. Don't have.. So i proceeded to make my way out. Ah, the Canon EOS 300V caught my eye.. So i thought should be harmless if i asked how much it was right? So i went "eh uncle ar, your 300V how much??" He replied "$690." then walked away before i could ask anymore.. So i said, "ah thanks" then walked out ar.. Then when we were going down the escalator, my friend heard them say "hong kan". I don't know what it means, but i know it's a hokkien vulgarity..

    Anyway, the shop is not hard to spot.. Cameras, rather small shop.. Come up from first level, turn left, most prolly can see. It's not hard to notice. The shop name is "darxxxx photo".. Just thought i'd let you all know..

    BEWARE!

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    谁是你
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    Most likely he went to Darling Photo at #02-85.

    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    why not.you did nothing wrong in the first place ask price cannot meh.Which shop did you and your friends went to?

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joe
    why not.you did nothing wrong in the first place ask price cannot meh.Which shop did you and your friends went to?
    I think apart from HK and all that, shops should list their prices or put price tags on their items. Some will say that doing this will prohibit cheaper prices. But then again, we all know that ppl can bargain for lower prices even is there's a price tag there. I mean, it saves consumers like us from wasting time asking about the price and the valuable times of shopkeepers who would be making better time selling their goods. Also prevents us from being sweared at.

    Honestly this happened to me when i was inquiring about prices for some electronic items. The guy thot i wanted to buy but when i said thank you and just wanted to know the price, he gave me a sour face and muttered vulgarities under his breath...i mean come on, i already said that i wanted to inquire prices not buy them....sheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •