Thread: Need some recommendation for Msia Trip.

Default Need some recommendation for Msia Trip.

i and with together of 7-8 others of my very close friends will be visiting KL on the 17th FEB, for about 3-4 days.

i guess we intend to shop abit, and prolly do some visiting too.

problem is accomodation, anyone has any recommendations for hotel / service apartment that we could rent for 3-4 days ?

we are also looking for a good and cheap hotel, prolly looking at sleeping 2-3 person per room. (gotta be clean and safe lah, dealing with camera equipments also lei.... )

any ideas ?

We would be taking bus from JB to KL thou....

Default Re: Need some recommendation for Msia Trip.

i suggest mid valley mall

http://www.midvalley.com.my/

i stayed there usually and very safe. The hotel is connected to the mall and you dont bother getting out of the hotel to go shop.

if you have biz friends there, they can get a sweeter deal for you. otherwise, the difference is still affordable for the price you pay for convenience and safety

the hotel is called cititel

http://www.cititelmidvalley.com/
    Last edited by contaxable; 27th January 2009 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    i suggest mid valley mall

http://www.midvalley.com.my/

i stayed there usually and very safe. The hotel is connected to the mall and you dont bother getting out of the hotel to go shop.

if you have biz friends there, they can get a sweeter deal for you. otherwise, the difference is still affordable for the price you pay for convenience and safety

the hotel is called cititel

http://www.cititelmidvalley.com/

ooh ok.. i am looking at it now... biz friends there is dun have. i have relatives who are both architects and designers. but never contacts who are related to midvalley. i heard alot about that place thou.

just looked at the tarifts.. abit off budget lah..... 2-3 star hotel have ? lol....

dun wish to bust the budget on this trip thou. cause theres a tioman trip coming along soon. so have to scrimp and save abit on this one.

So far i managed to get hold of TuneHotels which is going for around 170RM/night thou... from the looks of it. looks "OKAY" but i cant really expect alot from it either.

but hoping to receive some recommendations.

170RM/Night is rather reasonable for the group thou. considering 3nights there.

anyone ?

bro.. your 170RM is for how many rooms?

Anyway one website I used to go when selecting accomodations is asiarooms.com .. lots of reviews + pictures + map there..

http://www.asiarooms.com/malaysia/ku...la_lumpur.html
    Seems like Tune hotel starts from 31SGD..

Quote Originally Posted by rOnGrEn View Post
    bro.. your 170RM is for how many rooms?

Anyway one website I used to go when selecting accomodations is asiarooms.com .. lots of reviews + pictures + map there..

http://www.asiarooms.com/malaysia/ku...la_lumpur.html
    Seems like Tune hotel starts from 31SGD..
    $170/room/night lo...

so many of us. hahaha....

i've seen tune hotels... the whole corridor spammed with ads man.

i suggest u book a room for 1 NIGHT only to get started. after u arrived , then u send 2 men to the left, 2 men to the right and 2 men in another direction n recce other hotel rates n then come back and have a big meeting to decide where u want to continue the stay.

proposal:

2 locations:
    1. chinatown or Petaling street. the place to get your RM 40 or RM140 "relax" watch
    2. bukit bintang (equivalent to orchard rd here) where u can get RM 4000 or RM40,000 rolex

for chinatown: goto Hotel Malaya or Swiss Inn (abt S$60-70). these 2 hotels r right in the middle of chinatown. u can shop till u drop. u also save on taxi fare. u will also find another 20 smaller hotels there which i think will b cheaper than the 2 mentioned.

for bukit bintang area, book into either Federal Hotel or Nova Hotel, abt S$60-70. it is right in the middle of the shopping district. no need taxi. once there, u can shop, eat, and recce other smaller hotel rates.

bargaining tip: use the same technique that u use in Sungei Road and Takashimaya

carrying cameras around:
    if u r shooping in petaling street n is carrying a camera, the prices will be the same as what u would expect in SLS.

slugging a camera has no effect on prices if u r shopping in Bukit Bintang's big shoping malls, just like in takashimaya. out of the mall n into the streets of bukit bintang and a camera hanging around will have the same response if u do the same near the Lucky Plaza area.

have a good trip n come back with a report on the best buys there.

Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    i suggest u book a room for 1 NIGHT only to get started. after u arrived , then u send 2 men to the left, 2 men to the right and 2 men in another direction n recce other hotel rates n then come back and have a big meeting to decide where u want to continue the stay.

proposal:

2 locations:
    1. chinatown or Petaling street. the place to get your RM 40 or RM140 "relax" watch
    2. bukit bintang (equivalent to orchard rd here) where u can get RM 4000 or RM40,000 rolex

for chinatown: goto Hotel Malaya or Swiss Inn (abt S$60-70). these 2 hotels r right in the middle of chinatown. u can shop till u drop. u also save on taxi fare. u will also find another 20 smaller hotels there which i think will b cheaper than the 2 mentioned.

for bukit bintang area, book into either Federal Hotel or Nova Hotel, abt S$60-70. it is right in the middle of the shopping district. no need taxi. once there, u can shop, eat, and recce other smaller hotel rates.

bargaining tip: use the same technique that u use in Sungei Road and Takashimaya

carrying cameras around:
    if u r shooping in petaling street n is carrying a camera, the prices will be the same as what u would expect in SLS.

slugging a camera has no effect on prices if u r shopping in Bukit Bintang's big shoping malls, just like in takashimaya. out of the mall n into the streets of bukit bintang and a camera hanging around will have the same response if u do the same near the Lucky Plaza area.

have a good trip n come back with a report on the best buys there.

i am going there for a short go kart trip. and a full makan rampage there.

chinatown is i target the fried mee, longan water.... den later is go around hoot the food liao.

i also spot another one is the Concorde hotel. around $70SGD/night also. and its a 3 person occupancy.

Can try Tune Hotels. Airasia's concept for hotels.

Chinatown must target the Claypot rice and Portuguese style bbq stingray. The stalls are side by side. Behind them is a large Chinese book store

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    i am going there for a short go kart trip. and a full makan rampage there.

chinatown is i target the fried mee, longan water.... den later is go around hoot the food liao.

i also spot another one is the Concorde hotel. around $70SGD/night also. and its a 3 person occupancy.

concorde hotel is just next to a monorail station. it takes abt 10 -15 min walk to the bukit bintang area. if the price is the same as Federal Hotel, i will goto the Federal as it is right in the middle of bukit bintang and u can savour n devour all the street/coffee shop/food court delicacies in just a few min walk without the need to take taxi, monorail or LRT.

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Chinatown must target the Claypot rice and Portuguese style bbq stingray. The stalls are side by side. Behind them is a large Chinese book store
    Claypot rice gt a few stalls there sell the same thing... u know which one to target ?? hahaha in the end, i will just print the whole thread, so i can use it as a guidebook liao.

concorde hotel is just next to a monorail station. it takes abt 10 -15 min walk to the bukit bintang area. if the price is the same as Federal Hotel, i will goto the Federal as it is right in the middle of bukit bintang and u can savour n devour all the street/coffee shop/food court delicacies in just a few min walk without the need to take taxi, monorail or LRT.
    wah... this one. i will eat until drop. den later come back jia lat liao.. no one will recognise me liao .

Bt Bintang area has some good decent hotels, sorry can't remember the names.

From what I know, some travel agencies which run the buses to KL can arrange for accommodation as well. There is this Aeroliner which starts at Harbour Front and ends at a hotel in KL.

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    Claypot rice gt a few stalls there sell the same thing... u know which one to target ?? hahaha in the end, i will just print the whole thread, so i can use it as a guidebook liao.

wah... this one. i will eat until drop. den later come back jia lat liao.. no one will recognise me liao .
    it looks like u r spoilt for choice. maybe, the best solution is to spent a night each in chinatown n a night in bukit bintang. u can practically eat n shop in those places the whole day. shop to digest when u r full. eat n drink when u r tired from the shopping. for the 2 or 3 days when u r there, just live to eat!

take note: chinatown is active from ard 10am to 11pm. i noticed 1 trend when shopping in chinatown stalls - u get better prices after u had made a purchase by "showing" your carrier bag when u goto the next stall. the act of carrying a just purchased pair of shoe or other bigger item will tell the owner of the stall that u already know the price. to entice u to buy a 2nd non-urgent pair, the seller will automatically give u a price which u can never get initially no matter how hard u bargain earlier.

bukit bintang malls r open from ard 10am to 10pm but the streets never sleep.

it looks like u r spoilt for choice. maybe, the best solution is to spent a night each in chinatown n a night in bukit bintang. u can practically eat n shop in those places the whole day. shop to digest when u r full. eat n drink when u r tired from the shopping. for the 2 or 3 days when u r there, just live to eat!

take note: chinatown is active from ard 10am to 11pm. i noticed 1 trend when shopping in chinatown stalls - u get better prices after u had made a purchase by "showing" your carrier bag when u goto the next stall. the act of carrying a just purchased pair of shoe or other bigger item will tell the owner of the stall that u already know the price. to entice u to buy a 2nd non-urgent pair, the seller will automatically give u a price which u can never get initially no matter how hard u bargain earlier.

bukit bintang malls r open from ard 10am to 10pm but the streets never sleep.
    really ah. i was thinking to get some teeshirts and shirts there anyway. hahaha.. see if can get some really good and nice shorts back... so need shorts.. singapore getting really really hot these days....

go there eat shop shoot edit. eat shop shoot edit. and fly back and back to singapore again... and then shoot shoot shoot !

glen, drop me an email, i can answer ALL your questions etc.
    peteATawarnaDOTcom

cheers