Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: AF failed. pls help!

  1. #1

    Default AF failed. pls help!

    hey guys!
    today's the first day of CNY, and my lens failed on me for the first time.
    okay, when the AF is fully turned towards the clockwise direction (when you're facing the camera), it doesn't turn back towards anti-clockwise to focus.
    why the sudden failure? using MF is okay... but i suck pretty much at MF.
    i tried my zoom lens, and it works okay. no problem.
    any way to solve this now? or only CSC can help out?

    *btw, when do CSC reopen?

  2. #2

    Default Re: AF failed. pls help!

    Might help post camera and lens as there could be a common/known issue depending on brand/model
    Nikon D7000, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 50mm F1.4, Nikon 354mm F1.8

  3. #3

    Default Re: AF failed. pls help!

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    hey guys!
    today's the first day of CNY, and my lens failed on me for the first time.
    okay, when the AF is fully turned towards the clockwise direction (when you're facing the camera), it doesn't turn back towards anti-clockwise to focus.
    why the sudden failure? using MF is okay... but i suck pretty much at MF.
    i tried my zoom lens, and it works okay. no problem.
    any way to solve this now? or only CSC can help out?

    *btw, when do CSC reopen?
    call CSC on wednesday.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  4. #4

    Default Re: AF failed. pls help!

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    hey guys!
    today's the first day of CNY, and my lens failed on me for the first time.
    okay, when the AF is fully turned towards the clockwise direction (when you're facing the camera), it doesn't turn back towards anti-clockwise to focus.
    why the sudden failure? using MF is okay... but i suck pretty much at MF.
    i tried my zoom lens, and it works okay. no problem.
    any way to solve this now? or only CSC can help out?

    *btw, when do CSC reopen?
    cant auto focus could be contact dirty, contact damage, flexible circuit broken... i got a flexible circuit broken case, due to lens old age, double sided tape fail, rub against zoom parts, then broked... never sent to service, cos dnt knw what cost it will be...

  5. #5

    Default Re: AF failed. pls help!

    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Might help post camera and lens as there could be a common/known issue depending on brand/model
    ya, read about the flexible circuit inside 18-200 zoom is pasted... sure to fail when adhesive power drop over the years... they shld use slip in method hor.. hee...

  6. #6

    Default Re: AF failed. pls help!

    hey guys. thanks for all the replies.
    i'm using EF-S 18-55 IS. the kit for 450D.
    wa... 'cant auto focus could be contact dirty, contact damage, flexible circuit broken...'
    any idea how much it will cost to repair under warranty?
    or warranty is useless in this case?

  7. #7

    Default Re: AF failed. pls help!

    Like twisted illusion mentioned, it could be that the metal contacts on the back of your lens are dirty. Perhaps you should try getting them cleaned?

  8. #8

    Default Re: AF failed. pls help!

    Quote Originally Posted by sanguine View Post
    Like twisted illusion mentioned, it could be that the metal contacts on the back of your lens are dirty. Perhaps you should try getting them cleaned?
    errr. do i DIY?

  9. #9

    Default Re: AF failed. pls help!

    hello HAppy new year if still have warranty why not send for repair? May cost you nothing .

  10. #10

    Default Re: AF failed. pls help!

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecanon View Post
    hello HAppy new year if still have warranty why not send for repair? May cost you nothing .
    hey there!
    happy CNY too!
    MAY and MAY NOT cost me.
    but yeah, planning to bring it down sometime this week. thanks!

  11. #11

    Default Re: AF failed. pls help!

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    hey guys. thanks for all the replies.
    i'm using EF-S 18-55 IS. the kit for 450D.
    wa... 'cant auto focus could be contact dirty, contact damage, flexible circuit broken...'
    any idea how much it will cost to repair under warranty?
    or warranty is useless in this case?

    if it is still under warranty, just sent in to service centre n pretend u dnt knw anything other than the AF cant work... they should n must get it working for u... if they tell u "blah blah blah", just say u dnt knw anything... they will surely get it working and give u a warning.... try...

  12. #12

    Default Re: AF failed. pls help!

    Quote Originally Posted by twisted illusion View Post
    if it is still under warranty, just sent in to service centre n pretend u dnt knw anything other than the AF cant work... they should n must get it working for u... if they tell u "blah blah blah", just say u dnt knw anything... they will surely get it working and give u a warning.... try...
    haha. reali?! cool! i'll try and post the results here. thanks dude!
    act blur... hehe

  13. #13

    Default Re: AF failed. pls help!

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    haha. reali?! cool! i'll try and post the results here. thanks dude act blur... hehe
    good luck !!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •