Thread: BG-E2N and Rechargeable batteries

Default BG-E2N and Rechargeable batteries

Hi all,

the instruction slip of the battery grip says alkaline AA batteries can be used with it. I was wondering if rechargeables can be used? I've got a couple of Sony rechargeable Ni-MH batt at 2100mAh. Thanks for your help.

Default Re: BG-E2N and Rechargeable batteries

Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Hi all,

the instruction slip of the battery grip says alkaline AA batteries can be used with it. I was wondering if rechargeables can be used? I've got a couple of Sony rechargeable Ni-MH batt at 2100mAh. Thanks for your help.
    Can anyone help? Afraid of frying the camera circuits. Pardon my paranoia, but I've had bad experiences with rechargeables.

I use Eneloop Battries with my 400D battery grip..... no problem at all.

Hope this helps....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Cool. Thank you for your reply, diver-holc. May I know what's the amperage rating of your Eneloop batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by SeAnCoLd View Post
    Cool. Thank you for your reply, diver-holc. May I know what's the amperage rating of your Eneloop batteries?
    1.2v is general standard for rechargeables with 1.5v standard for single use AA batteries. Eneloops are generally 2000mah which is average but batteries of this class which include Recyko and such can retain their charge much longer compared to higher capacity rechargeables.
    Last edited by Reportage; 27th January 2009 at 05:11 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    1.2v is general standard for rechargeables with 1.5v standard for single use AA batteries. Eneloops are generally 2000mah which is average but batteries of this class which include Recyko and such can retain their charge much longer compared to higher capacity rechargeables.

Which is why I have 4 set of 4x AA battries and 1 set of 4x AAA batteries... all are Eneloops

Scuba & Father... For Life

Ok. Thanks a lot. I guess its safe to use my 2100mAh batteries in the battery grip.