Street Self-defence is what you need to arm yourself with
especially in an emergency whether you are carrying camera gears or not.
Some tips from the links below:
1. Having a walking stick, monopod or any other device
is useless if you haven't learn how to hit with an effective striking method.
2. When you learn to hit two or three times as hard and at the right
place you will be able to frighten or even drop attackers many times
your sizes easily.
3. Ability to apply self-defense moves with any poles and sticks using the
thrust or ram method.
4. Best bet is to simply learn to fight with a rod-like tool
with a swift action of ramming it horizontally at your target.
The tool can be just 12" to 15" long and can be kept inside your
cheap camera bag. (Never carry an expensive camera bag when you
are out alone in remote places)
5. Are you an easy target for attack because you are not aware of
having certain visible clues, so be aware of your immediate surroundings
even when you are resting on a bench in board daylight. Never close your
eyes with your camera bags beside you.
Fortunately during the early days of Bruce Lee and being an ardent fan,
the art of self-defense had be implemented among my peers.
Seeing is believing for sure many would believe that this is
one of the most important survival tool in today's society.
Never go without it!