Thread: enquiry

Default enquiry

hey i need to know urgently if tripod can be hand carry on flight or must be check in?

sorry to post here my flight is in 5hours time.. so urgent,

thanks

cheers
    shawn

Default Re: enquiry

Only taken on one flight and checked it in. Best to call the Air line as it metal they may not let is pass the scan

Quote Originally Posted by shawn covvey View Post
    hey i need to know urgently if tripod can be hand carry on flight or must be check in?

sorry to post here my flight is in 5hours time.. so urgent,

thanks

cheers
    shawn
    This has been discussed often.

It depends. Call them up before hand to check if they allow. Some such as JAL will restrict to a certain length.

And to always play safe, remove your ballhead and hand carry it so that in case the whole setup has to go through the luggage, you do not expose the ballhead to unnecessary contusions and handling.

Ryan

which airlines?

SIA usually no problem. in fact, most airlines that i have flown on - jetstarasia, tiger, all allowed me to bring my tripod up.

You will be hand carrying your camera and lenses right? I have successfully brought my tripod onboard. When questioned, I will tell them it is a camera tripod, and indicate that I am carrying my camera and lenses with me as well. On SG side, it is usually easier. More so, if you are travelling on SQ. Hope this helps.

I have carried my tripod (hand or check-in) many times when I am flying... no problem....no questions...

Ask the airline staff at luggage check-in. They must give you a valid and reliable answer. AirAsia from JB requested me to check-in the tripod, others not.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    which airlines?

SIA usually no problem. in fact, most airlines that i have flown on - jetstarasia, tiger, all allowed me to bring my tripod up.

lion air bro...

thanks for all the fast reply...

cheers
    shawn