Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 128

Thread: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

  1. #21

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    hey. sorry to hear about this incident.
    this is totally unreasonable la!
    seriously wt* is wrong with them?!
    hope you get well soon...
    but wat Rashkae said may be possible too.
    just be extra cautious next time.
    but like wat night86mare said, please do not let such incidents affect your perception of photography as a hobby.
    remember, you're a great photographer.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    should have taken their pictures and then the cops have a better chance of locating them nearby..
    of course one may be startled in such situation..

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    125'10.16"N 10350'11.01"E
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    Woah. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    http://fifthjune.com
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    wah that's quite bad..
    get well soon bro..

    those youngsters deserve to die..
    fifthjune.com
    ixus860

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    speedy recovery mate.

    This is really scary to hear such attach happen at broad day light.
    Me often walk around and even shoot alone at night, even when overseas.
    Now have to be cautious if I ever go around shooting alone.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    i thot singapore is a safe place....and i'm someone who go on night shoots often and alone....

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    i thot singapore is a safe place....and i'm someone who go on night shoots often and alone....
    S'pore is generally a safe place, but its not free of crime on any given day.

    i do go out on solo shoots to less populated places, but even in crowded places do not for a moment think there will be peps willing to risk being hurt when things get rough. i always "pack a punch" when i head out!
    have u seen the "light" yet?

  8. #28

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    i was abt to go chinatown tmr to take pics. :/
    now a bit scared liao.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    bro, srry to hear ur ordeal......

    what the h_ll is going on in S'pore !! I tot S'pore's very safe place to live....

    Here goes another news of robbery at a Woodlands money changer....

    http://www.straitstimes.com/vgn-ext-...000a35010aRCRD

  10. #30

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    Quote Originally Posted by soyawny View Post
    i was abt to go chinatown tmr to take pics. :/
    now a bit scared liao.
    That's a very crowded area. No worries. Just watch out for pickpockets
    Alpha

  11. #31

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    takada, thanks for alerting us. Hope you'll recover soon, and forget this nightmare.

    Low Crime Doesn't mean No crime
    . Let's be always careful when we r alone. there's always someone watching us.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Albertmm View Post
    bro, srry to hear ur ordeal......

    what the h_ll is going on in S'pore !! I tot S'pore's very safe place to live....

    Here goes another news of robbery at a Woodlands money changer....

    http://www.straitstimes.com/vgn-ext-...000a35010aRCRD
    it IS a very safe place to live. Crime is much lower than elsewhere. But low crime does not mean no crime.

    You should still be careful.
    Alpha

  13. #33
    Member iMac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tiong Bahru,Singapore
    Posts
    1,122

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    Poor thing,just one day before reunion dinner. All these GFN(Good For Nothing) or social thrash......i hope they get caught and be thrown into prison.They can jolly well work to earn their money. A disgrace to their family.

    Rest well and maybe can go back to that place again with more friends with more dslr......shoot their face ,their ass and then call police and post their pictures on every damn site to make them famous.........their fathers and mothers will be proud of their child......

  14. #34
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    it IS a very safe place to live. Crime is much lower than elsewhere. But low crime does not mean no crime.

    You should still be careful.


    That's the right way of evaluating the situation. It is unfortunate what happen to takada. I hope he gets better soon and I appreciate it brought it to our attention of what took place there.

    Will it happen again...yes it would. Would it happen very often or as some react like it's an epidermic ..no. We just need to be careful but remember to go on with our lives and not be paranoid or start going on a witch hunt.

    And know that sometime even the best precaution you take, things can still go wrong...unfortunately. So remember everyone.... "Low Crime does not mean no crime" is a close to the truth as you can get about life.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    nasty wound
    take care and have a speedy recovery

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    a tripod is a good self-defense item to bring along whenever you're shooting alone...

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    a tripod is a good self-defense item to bring along whenever you're shooting alone...
    is it really?
    have u seen the "light" yet?

  18. #38
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    hi ts,

    sorry to hear about ur case, hope u get well soon, also ur camera.

    can give us some description? cause alot of us hang around that area. can shoot shoot and like u id them, maybe can help catch those bus......?

    time for CSERs to join forces and use our gear and skill for good and justice.
    Last edited by denniskee; 25th January 2009 at 04:16 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  19. #39
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    a tripod is a good self-defense item to bring along whenever you're shooting alone...
    Being someone formerly from the Police NSF. I would caution that notion carrying something along as a defensive weapon. Although yes you bring your tripod along as part of your shoot that is fine but don't bring something else that might in the end be mistaken as you carrying a defensive item to cause others hurt. As I said...it is a sad situation but let's not get over paranoid and start over imagining things.

    Another things to note about using or bring something along to protect yourself as I would advice folk when I was doing police duties... IF YOU ARE NOT GOOD at using the item as a defensive weapon to protect yourself, you might end up providing the offensive individual(s) an item to use on you if they managed to snatch it from you. Remember if someone dares to attack you, they are most likely better fighter then you if not they will not pick on you.

    I have seen people who got into that situation and got beaten with their own defensive item and also if it was just a bare handed fight...it can quickly become one where an item is used as a weapon. If you are not someone with the skill to defend yourself ( and those with you) well....then run and avoid a fight.

    I hate to make light of what happen to the TS but this is a very rare but unfortunate situation. Don't let the knee jerk reaction cause anyone to go on a witch hunt and take matters into their own hands. Most of you here are rationale enough to balance things, we don't want someone here to misread this and overact and attack someone and found out they got the wrong person or over-reacted. Be careful in life( not just while you shoot) but let's send out the right message here.

  20. #40
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Assaulted at Fort Canning Park

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Being someone formerly from the Police NSF. I would caution that notion carrying something along as a defensive weapon. Although yes you bring your tripod along as part of your shoot that is fine but don't bring something else that might in the end be mistaken as you carrying a defensive item to cause others hurt. As I said...it is a sad situation but let's not get over paranoid and start over imagining things.

    Another things to note about using or bring something along to protect yourself as I would advice folk when I was doing police duties... IF YOU ARE NOT GOOD at using the item as a defensive weapon to protect yourself, you might end up providing the offensive individual(s) an item to use on you if they managed to snatch it from you. Remember if someone dares to attack you, they are most likely better fighter then you if not they will not pick on you.

    I have seen people who got into that situation and got beaten with their own defensive item and also if it was just a bare handed fight...it can quickly become one where an item is used as a weapon. If you are not someone with the skill to defend yourself ( and those with you) well....then run and avoid a fight.

    I hate to make light of what happen to the TS but this is a very rare but unfortunate situation. Don't let the knee jerk reaction cause anyone to go on a witch hunt and take matters into their own hands. Most of you here are rationale enough to balance things, we don't want someone here to misread this and overact and attack someone and found out they got the wrong person or over-reacted. Be careful in life( not just while you shoot) but let's send out the right message here.
    agree with sammy, running for ur life is always the best line of defence if u are alone. TS said he was attack by a group, so, even if you have tripod as weapon, whats ur chances? remember, they were armed with wooden stick in the 1st place and they have the element of surprise.

    but best is try to go out with friends if can lar.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •