Thread: Merge Forum?

Default Merge Forum?

I noticed that other than Sticky, there are only very few threads in the Olympus Forum at the moment. Maybe it is time to merge this forum with the Four-third forum, and call it Olympus/Four-thirds Forum.

This also has the advantage of the moderators not having to move thread all the time.

Make sense?
    Last edited by Pynch; 23rd January 2009 at 09:21 PM.

Default Re: Merge Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Pynch View Post
    I noticed that other than Sticky, there are only very few threads in the Olympus Forum at the moment. Maybe it is time to merge this forum with the Four-third forum, and call it Olympus/Four-thirds Forum.

This also has the advantage of the moderators not having to move thread all the time.

Make sense?
    Then what will happen to Panasonic 4/3? merge with Panasonic forum?

../azul123

Default Agree...merge forum

I agree, we should merge forum for Olympus and 4-thirds. Create another one for 4-thirds Panasonic and others in this category.

Do also same for sales for Panasonic and others...one of the CSer also suggested creating a separate forum for Panasonic..G1, for instance.

Otherwise...too much moving for moderators...sometimes we are not sure to post in Olympus or 4 thirds section...

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post

../azul123
    Yes. Discussion on the various 4/3 cameras would then depends on the brand. I guess quite similar to the Buy/Sell threads. Now it is confusing with so many threads being moved.

../azul123

Even though Panasonic uses the 4/3 system... most discussed topic in the Panasonic forums are not 4/3 related.... Hence I don't see the point of merging the Panasonic forum with the 4/3.....

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Even though Panasonic uses the 4/3 system... most discussed topic in the Panasonic forums are not 4/3 related.... Hence I don't see the point of merging the Panasonic forum with the 4/3.....
    Exactly, so where does it go under? if Olympus wants merge with Olympus 4/3.

../azul123

Exactly, so where does it go under? if Olympus wants merge with Olympus 4/3.

../azul123
    I guess there are not much discussion on the 4/3 in the Panasonic forum because there are very few Panasonic 4/3 camera. However, now discussions on the new Lumix G1 are found in both the Panasonic and the 4/3 forum

Personally having a 4/3 forum is abit confusing to the users.... I am using a Panasonic FZ50 which also uses the 4/3 system for it's flash unit.... Hence should I post my FZ50 threads in 4/3 or Panasonic forum if I want to ask a question with regards to flash?