Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cpl filter

Default Re: cpl filter

Just make sure you don't den the cpl filter by accident,then it will be jammed..many accounts of filter getting stucked due to knocks and bumps to it,distorting the screw thread in some way.

There is 3 or 4 types of B+W, a lot of people get confused.

I think the 1st one is B+W CPL, then B+W SLIM CPL, B+W SLIM CPL MRC, B+W KSM MRC CPL SLIM...

lol... MRC ones are better

Quote Originally Posted by couleur View Post
    There is 3 or 4 types of B+W, a lot of people get confused.

I think the 1st one is B+W CPL, then B+W SLIM CPL, B+W SLIM CPL MRC, B+W KSM MRC CPL SLIM...

lol... MRC ones are better
    Normally the more expensive the better... but is it worth the price?

Well, if you can afford it then why not?

Plus, I had been using the most reasonable Hoya 77mm CPL, the quality and material compared with my current B+W Kasemann MRC is sure a bit difference. Just remember to buy a good filter pouch, I hate to take it off from boxes, maybe i'm careless. I had previously smashed the Hoya at Barcelona. Last week, I just dropped the Kenko NDX400 on the road, take god it didn't smash! :| Just a scratch on the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by couleur View Post
    Well, if you can afford it then why not?
    Too bad my wallet is not so full...

well, not surprise its not crack or wat... I dropped my filter down 14floor, yes 14... and only the ring got bent, the glass is intact as it is...

as for buying the best, most ppl probably don really need one, a normal multi-coat would do more than enough for most cases...

When your filters are stuck, just exert a slight pressure from the top and turn it. There isn't much point trying to release the stuck filter the same way you put it on because you will be putting the pressure on the threads, making the filter fit tighter than ever. Its common sense.

Is it alright to leave the polariser on the whole time? Was thinking of using it as a "protector" for my lens element, as if a UV filter.

Will there be moments where my shots be affected even if i turn the cpl to the minimum effect?

Quote Originally Posted by michy View Post
    Is it alright to leave the polariser on the whole time? Was thinking of using it as a "protector" for my lens element, as if a UV filter.

Will there be moments where my shots be affected even if i turn the cpl to the minimum effect?
    for what reason you want to lose two stops exposure, and make your viewfinder darker at all time??
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by michy View Post
    Think twice .. about the purpose of having a CPL, the need to have UV filtering anyway, the usage of caution and alertness instead of a darkening piece of glass. Do you wear sunglasses at night? Will there be a 'minimum effect position' without sun?
    EOS

Blog Entries

There is this CPL test and comparison done recently by Lenstip.com. Might be worth a read.

http://www.lenstip.com/115.1-article...ters_test.html

Now who sells Marumi DHG CPLs? or Fujiyama CPL?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Now who sells Marumi DHG CPLs? or Fujiyama CPL?
    I saw some Marumi with MS Color and OP, but the one at MS Color rather looked old / 2nd hand. Will check again with OP, curious...
    EOS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    I saw some Marumi with MS Color and OP, but the one at MS Color rather looked old / 2nd hand. Will check again with OP, curious...
    I will check with OP too. I think only the Marumi DHG are good. I see Marumi in mass sales but they are not DHG, just the most basic CPL.

So... who sells them then?
    Nikon F3HP FM2N Rollei 35 and .......... :)

A couple of persons have PMed me asking about my Marumi filters - I've got two neutral density and one CPL DHG one. I'm not an expert in filter criticism, but if I can find some time this weekend or soon, I'll take some day pictures with and without the filter and let peeps see.

for those who are looking for marumi, might want to try getting them from 'gadgetinifinity' at ebay. I got mine from them at probably the lowest price i can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Wzierbovsky View Post
    A couple of persons have PMed me asking about my Marumi filters - I've got two neutral density and one CPL DHG one. I'm not an expert in filter criticism, but if I can find some time this weekend or soon, I'll take some day pictures with and without the filter and let peeps see.
    That would be great! Especially I'm interested in the flare resistance. Would be very nice of you if you could take some shots with sun in the frame or just outside the frame, upper edges of the image. Thanks so much for your help!
    EOS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12