Thread: Backup Software

Default Backup Software

Hello,

Kinda in need of a favour...

My boss recently ask me to go research for backup software / shareware that can handle large amt of data, deep folder, multiple file, incrementally backup schedule..etc

However, I noe nuts abt it lor...So, anyone out there got any recommendation or links that i can go look see look see bor?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Backup Software

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    dat one i also noe but come out with too many result liao.

anyone got experience on this bor? can recommend the man some gd one bor?

Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    Hello,

My boss recently ask me to go research for backup software / shareware that can handle large amt of data, deep folder, multiple file, incrementally backup schedule..etc

However, I noe nuts abt it lor...So, anyone out there got any recommendation or links that i can go look see look see bor?
    Hi,

I have been using "Ghost" ... now Nortons Ghost for many years and do recommend it

There is also one by "Acronis" I think but I stay with Nortons Ghost.

Try to get a copy of the 2003 version if it is still available. I prefer it to later versions.

I have used various versions since it was on floppy disk over 10 years ago and still use it .

Cheers.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

vince123123
    Guests

What's wrong with using the native Windows NTBackup? That is a no-cost solution that I have been using all this time. Scheduled Daily and Monthly dumps, 40+gb each time.

The advantage of Windows Backup in a crash is that you can restore without having to install the program again. Using things like Norton Ghost helps you save a few GB as the compression is slightly better, but the downside is that if crash, you need to reinstall norton before you can even read your backups.

Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    Hello,