Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

  1. #1

    Default The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    Any one want to add to below wish list?

    Price - less than S$150
    Size - at least 1/3 smaller than FL36R
    Weight - Less than 200g (FL36R is 260g)
    Support Panasonic TTL
    Able to tilt/swivel for bounce flash

  2. #2
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by mm63 View Post
    Any one want to add to below wish list?

    Price - less than S$150
    Size - at least 1/3 smaller than FL36R
    Weight - Less than 200g (FL36R is 260g)
    Support Panasonic TTL
    Able to tilt/swivel for bounce flash
    Maybe a wish list for G1 users too...

  3. #3

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    Has the Holy Grail flash been found??

    Small size......CHECK!
    Less than 200g.....CHECK!

    Last edited by mm63; 21st January 2009 at 08:30 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    Bounce flash......CHECK!



    Direct from camera built-in flash


    With this Holy Grail bounce flash
    Last edited by mm63; 21st January 2009 at 08:35 PM.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    what brand/model is that?

  6. #6

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    Does this Holy Grail flash support TTL??? YES!! YES!! YES !!


  7. #7

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    This one ???

    Good to know that the TTL works.

  8. #8

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by coolin View Post
    what brand/model is that?

    Metz C20

    This is also what i use for my LX3 and DSLR (when travel light)

  9. #9
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    How about Nikon SB400, will it work on the LX3?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    How about Nikon SB400, will it work on the LX3?
    No TTL......

  11. #11
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by chalib View Post
    Metz C20

    This is also what i use for my LX3 and DSLR (when travel light)
    How much?

  12. #12

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    May I know where you buy this flash? How much does it cost too?


    I was also wondering has anyone use the Nikon SB-30 with LX3? Does the SB-30 support LX3 TTL?

  13. #13

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    can this bought locally? (targus)

  14. #14

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by mm63 View Post
    Does this Holy Grail flash support TTL??? YES!! YES!! YES !!

    is this purchased here?

  15. #15

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    How much?
    K13 marketing at peninsula

    100+ iirc

  16. #16
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    All the information about SB400 and the Metz 20 C-2 is in this thread.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431359

    I think that the TS is going to sell the flash, the information put up here right now does not benefit the Panasonic LX3 community.

  17. #17

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    No I have no plans to sell it. It's what I have been searching for a long time.


    It is the same model as the eBay one. I bought from the US but was not sure if it can support TTL. Iwas pleasantly surprised when i tested it yesterday. It looks physically very similar to the Metz C20 but I think the Metz does not support TTL.
    Last edited by mm63; 22nd January 2009 at 01:44 PM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    Quote Originally Posted by mm63 View Post
    No I have no plans to sell it. It's what I have been searching for a long time.


    It is the same model as the eBay one. I bought from the US but was not sure if it can support TTL. Iwas pleasantly surprised when i tested it yesterday. It looks physically very similar to the Metz C20 but I think the Metz does not support TTL.
    What's the brand and model and where did you get it? Any links?

  19. #19
    Senior Member erictan8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,885

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    so what is the brand and model ?????
    after so many posts still dun know the brand and model !!!

  20. #20

    Default Re: The Holy Grail of LX3 External Flashes

    See HOCL's Ebay link above. It's that one

    I bought mine from the US. Price= US$49.95

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •