Thread: Left or RIght?

Default Left or RIght?

Do you guys look thru the viewfinder with the left or right eye?

I use my right eye all the way, cant close my right eye and shoot with left eye.

Btw anyone shoot with both eyes open?
    Am thinking if it will be better as you get a bigger biew.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Helbreath
    Yes as a matter of fact quite a few of us do.... Some look at the LCD screen, some stare at the subject... Some of us even look away from the subject...

I use my right eye all the way, cant close my right eye and shoot with left eye.
    perhaps you might want to make a trip to the eye clinic in ttsh...
    Last edited by CaeSiuM; 29th September 2003 at 09:17 PM.

I have problems shutting just my left eyelid, so I shut my right eyelid and look with left eye. I think that's my master eye. Same eye I use when aiming with the M16/AR15.

my master eye is the right one so i shoot with that. But nowsaday i try to shoot with both eyes open as i feel more comfortable after prolong shooting.

at first i also can't close my left eyelid only
    but with practice, i did it

u can over time too. practice! :P

How is it possible that when u shoot with both eyes open, you get a bigger view ??
    Since only 1 eye can be focused on the viewfinder at such a near distance, with the second eye open, it will make the object that you are trying to focus with the eye at the viewfinder blurrer.
    I hope you don't shoot with both eyes open with a M16 in future..
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

Quote Originally Posted by majere2sg
    How is it possible that when u shoot with both eyes open, you get a bigger view ??
    Since only 1 eye can be focused on the viewfinder at such a near distance, with the second eye open, it will make the object that you are trying to focus with the eye at the viewfinder blurrer.
    I hope you don't shoot with both eyes open with a M16 in future..
    with the other eye, u can take in the surroundings, easier to compose
    as for M16, can use the other eye to search for the target
    not all can do it with both eyes open though, only very little

Shoot with both eyes. It's not about the effect of both eyes, as i can focus as good as one eye open(my left) but more of not giving yourself an eyestrain!!! Trust me if you take like 300 shots in 2 hours with an slr(viewfinder not lcd), you'll feel it!

Taking many shots in 2 hours is something you can get used to doing without too much hassle.

Yes, there is something to be gained by shooting with both eyes open. You can get to the stage where your peripheral vision helps you. But, only if you are right eye dominant. Which most people are anyway. Sad to say I'm not but plenty of times I wish I were.

i shoot with both eyes open only when i want to confirm the flash went off. But i must say it's more relaxing on the face muscles to shoot both eyes open.

andylee
    Guests

Ha Ha,when i shoot with SLR i use my right eye, but when i shoot with rangefinder i use my left eye....

Quote Originally Posted by andylee
    Ha Ha,when i shoot with SLR i use my right eye, but when i shoot with rangefinder i use my left eye....
    do you shoot with both at once?

neat trick here.

I use my right on the view finder.
    I use my left simultaneously to observe fish trajectory towards the focal area and adjust..

heh

andylee
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    do you shoot with both at once?
    I find it funny also...OK, when i shoot with SLR,use right eye left eye close. but with rangefinder, use left eye with right open.

Quote Originally Posted by andylee
    I find it funny also...OK, when i shoot with SLR,use right eye left eye close. but with rangefinder, use left eye with right open.
    Hi Andy.

Just curious - is there any reason why you shoot left-eye with rangefinder? i assume you are right-eyed. Is it something about the design of the RF that makes it more suited for left eye shooting?

andylee
    Guests

When I shoot with SLR,left eye close will strain my right eye, but cannot open two eyes leh,makes my head blur.

I think i got it! OK, with the SLR, the viewfinder is in the center, I cannot grip the camera properly if I use my left eye.

With the rangefinder, the viewfinder is place mostly on the left side of the camera, so I can use my left eye and still grip the camera properly.