Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50mm prime lens for wedding photography?

A 50mm would challenge yoru creativity, while at the same time, have you move around, make you think and consider how the shots would turn out before you actually shoot.

I think it's workable and if nothing else, you would have gain some valuable experience.

Cheers.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    A 50mm would challenge yoru creativity, while at the same time, have you move around, make you think and consider how the shots would turn out before you actually shoot.

I think it's workable and if nothing else, you would have gain some valuable experience.

Cheers.

True, true but I would prefer to experiment on digital...... it's painless on the pocket... I've been rather reluctant to really experiment on film..... development costs can kill and then what do u do with the really off shots? Throw... what a waste..... haiz..... waiting in vain for a Minolta DSLR.....

selwoodstudios
    Guests

Smile

Shooting a wedding with just a 50mm lens is a challenge, and as you are a backup photographer by necessity you should be out of the way of the main photographer. In general I have my assistant shoot additional photographs using a medium tele between 70mm to 120 mm. This enables me to work with minimal interference and the assistant to get different angles and aspects. Black and white photographs are very popular here, but you must remember to shoot b/w, not colour shots on b/w film. As you are shooting negative don't forget to meter for the 'shadow'. For best results use b/w film that is developed in C41 chemistry such as Kodak 400CN. Wish you best of luck on the shoot.

andylee
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by TME
    Urr... I assume S2 here refers to the FujiFilm DSLR? This cam can shoot both film and digital meh?
    xdivider is saying that he wanna bring extra camera that use film for back-up................................................ .........

so if S2 ****-up,then can switch over to film,I also wanna buy.....

Quote Originally Posted by andylee
    xdivider is saying that he wanna bring extra camera that use film for back-up................................................ .........

ok ok!!!! Dun need to shout lar......... I swakoo mah! I thought really got this kind of camera...... come to think of it why not hor?? ......Hmm.........

andylee
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by TME
    ok ok!!!! Dun need to shout lar......... I swakoo mah! I thought really got this kind of camera...... come to think of it why not hor?? ......Hmm.........
    Ha Ha,tat's a good one. Eh, if I'm not wrong, there is somethink like a film cannister with a CCD.something like digital film cannister.really look like a film.what you just do is to load it like a normal film.never pick off.....

what you have to do is to read properly everythings in the post TME...

Mai angry lah,what we worry most is that you stop asking...things I know, i share.things i don't know, i ask also mah.

Quote Originally Posted by andylee

Actually not only as backup. Im limited to 36mm with my 24-120 and i happened to get my hands on some manual fisheyes. They dun meter with the F80 body so i intend to take some exaggerated perspective shots using my fm10 when i get tired of shooting long range or when the place is tight. Not sure how my fren would like the effect.... Good thing im only the backup photographer I'll probably bring the 50mm and 105mm with me as the real backup lens.

Quote Originally Posted by xdivider
    Actually not only as backup. Im limited to 36mm with my 24-120 and i happened to get my hands on some manual fisheyes. They dun meter with the F80 body so i intend to take some exaggerated perspective shots using my fm10 when i get tired of shooting long range or when the place is tight. Not sure how my fren would like the effect.... Good thing im only the backup photographer I'll probably bring the 50mm and 105mm with me as the real backup lens.

Fisheyes will not be very flattering to the bride leh....... kekeke....... after u shoot well but make her look fat, she'll scold u ar!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12