Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Obamaaaaaa

Default Re: Obamaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by minimo3 View Post
    Obama rode to power on young voters, liberals, minorities, and unions. That means one of his main constituents are anti-trade protect-American jobs unionists. While Obama may improve foreign policy relations the trade and economic policies that emerge will be detrimental to countries like Singapore. Already the newly installed Treasury secretary is accusing China of currency manipulation and I wouldn't be surprised if the US starts putting in place tariffs and other protectionist measures. You can be sure that there will be no more free trade agreements and there's a chance the existing ones (like those with Singapore) will be reviewed. As a politician he has to protect the jobs of his constituents, and that means taking those jobs away from you! So you trade an adminstration who tramples on diplomatic relations but has good trade policies for one who will tell you nice things to placate you but is protectionist. I dunno about you, but I prefer the former, the only thing that counts is my pocket!
    I somewhat agree with your post but not in it's entirety.. anyway it is early days yet. I rather think it will stop outsourcing to countries like India not so much stop free trade agreements etc...

I could be wrong.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    I agree with you totally. Now we don't have anyone who can give us hours of entertainment on YouTube and well it's a shame McCain and Sarah Palin didn't get in.....cos Sarah she was a real hoot!
    What? voting base on hootness?... that's..

I can't finish the sentence.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Yes, he's fallen off his bicycle, choked on a pretzel, stared at a swinging microphone (shiny!), all of which were examples of quick reflexes and a keen intellect.

I'd be surprised if Bush and his friends didn't pay for the attack on 11 Sept. just to try to generate some defence industry help and try to make Bush into a hero. The economy was already suffering and there was a rather noticeable plunge of the stock market the day he filed papers for his candidacy for the presidency.

It's funny that the uncle of a neighbourhood friend was a leader of the KKK at one time, even though my friend and his parents seemed very tolerant. The surprising thing is that this state (Indiana) was marginally ahead for Mr. Obama (51 %) compared to McCain and that's something I never thought that I would see.

Bigotry isn't as open as it once was but it's still here. They've just found more subtle ways to deliver it.

He did get a B in econs , not too shabby , he does have quick reflexes , you should see how he ducked and dodged two shoes , do you really think obama could have done that?

I would have gone with kucinich or gravel seriously for the democrats , and ron paul for the republican side. Why i don't like obama is because he won over much more better qualified leaders just because he is minority race.

minimo3
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by idor View Post
    LOL... 1 post count.... Are you a republican? Registered a new account just to comment on US politics?? dude... you are in the wrong forum man....
    A republican? Ha ha that's priceless. I guess you could say I'm republican, my elected representative is Lim Hng Kiang from the Republic of Singapore. If I were an American I'd love Obama cos I know he'll be bringing jobs back to the US.

I notice that you American liberals like to avoid the facts and focus on character attacks. Thank you for confirming the stereotype. I suppose I should kowtow to you the great white man with the 2000 post count?

Well Azul, in the latest news week issue, on page 5, under perspectives, there is para that says this. I repeat the para here.

"yeah that's right. So what?"

U.S President Bush George W. Bush responding to an interviewer's point that Iraq was not a "major" theater for Al Qaeda (as the president had claimed) until after the US invasion.

Bush basically invaded Iraq for reasons only known to him, I will not speculate although there are accusations that US was in there for the oil. There were reports how US advance troops ignored looting and widespread chaos after the fall of Baghdad and instead their first priority was to secure the facilities involved in the oil production.

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    And for those who condone Bush and say he did the right thing in "regime change". Well look at Iraq now? Is it any better than before? And look at the world? Have we really solved the issue of Islamic terrorism? And have we found Bin Laden? Answers to all are a NO....

And Obama got elected because he was minority?? I really don't think so.... It is because the other candidates besides Hillary whom I felt had some hope of being up to task to the job were

1) A hardline bible thumping Christian who does not believe in evolution and believe that mankind was created in 7 days and the world is only 7000 years old.

2) A ex war hero who is most likely to carry on Bush's legacy of torture, invasion, assassinations and "regime change" and the infamous detain without trial at Guantanamo. Also due to his age, he has an possibility of passing on while in office..... and who takes over? An vice president who blows a big figure shopping and doesn't even know her geography.... a typical hillbilly and redneck...

With "excellent" candidates like that....I will go for Obama.... minority or not.... and even if he is minority what is wrong?? Why? Is it your belief that only a white can rule USA?

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Well Azul, in the latest news week issue, on page 5, under perspectives, there is para that says this. I repeat the para here.

U.S President Bush George W. Bush responding to an interviewer's point that Iraq was not a "major" theater for Al Qaeda (as the president had claimed) until after the US invasion.

Bush basically invaded Iraq for reasons only known to him, I will not speculate although there are accusations that US was in there for the oil. There were reports how US advance troops ignored looting and widespread chaos after the fall of Baghdad and instead their first priority was to secure the facilities involved in the oil production.

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    And for those who condone Bush and say he did the right thing in "regime change". Well look at Iraq now? Is it any better than before? And look at the world? Have we really solved the issue of Islamic terrorism? And have we found Bin Laden? Answers to all are a NO....

And Obama got elected because he was minority?? I really don't think so.... It is because the other candidates besides Hillary whom I felt had some hope of being up to task to the job were

1) A hardline bible thumping Christian who does not believe in evolution and believe that mankind was created in 7 days and the world is only 7000 years old.

2) A ex war hero who is most likely to carry on Bush's legacy of torture, invasion, assassinations and "regime change" and the infamous detain without trial at Guantanamo. Also due to his age, he has an possibility of passing on while in office..... and who takes over? An vice president who blows a big figure shopping and doesn't even know her geography.... a typical hillbilly and redneck...

With "excellent" candidates like that....I will go for Obama.... minority or not.... and even if he is minority what is wrong?? Why? Is it your belief that only a white can rule USA?
    Why is obama better than any of others? Oh yeah he promises "CHANGE" , there were a lot more candidates than the ones you mentioned. Obama doesn't even know how many states there are in the US. Before you make fun of other candidates , please check your facts. The problem is not the presidents but the lobbies , obama is the same as the rest of the previous presidents,. Look at his donation funding, see which corporations fund him. He will act accordingly. Do you think bush invaded IRAQ just because he felt like it?

There are some in Senate that is preparing to prosecute those that played a part in "lying" to the American public and those who had "block justice".

It may not be over... still early days.

../azul123

A republican? Ha ha that's priceless. I guess you could say I'm republican, my elected representative is Lim Hng Kiang from the Republic of Singapore. If I were an American I'd love Obama cos I know he'll be bringing jobs back to the US.

I notice that you American liberals like to avoid the facts and focus on character attacks. Thank you for confirming the stereotype. I suppose I should kowtow to you the great white man with the 2000 post count?
    Yah lor... I am an american who voted for Chiam See Tong...

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    There are some in Senate that is preparing to prosecute those that played a part in "lying" to the American public and those who had "block justice".

It may not be over... still early days.

../azul123
    If i'm not wrong , they have immunity, so unlikely anythings going to happen to them. If anything does happen, obama would pretty much pardon them. The damage to the presidency will be too much for him not to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by simranjits View Post
    If i'm not wrong , they have immunity, so unlikely anythings going to happen to them. If anything does happen, obama would pretty much pardon them. The damage to the presidency will be too much for him not to do it.
    All have immunity? or only former President?

../azul123

He did get a B in econs , not too shabby , he does have quick reflexes , you should see how he ducked and dodged two shoes , do you really think obama could have done that?

I would have gone with kucinich or gravel seriously for the democrats , and ron paul for the republican side. Why i don't like obama is because he won over much more better qualified leaders just because he is minority race.
    Obama wouldn't have had to duck shoes because none would have been thrown at him. Only Bush planned to invade a country where the U.S.A. had no need to go--and which killed so many people needlessly. I'm glad the Iraqi people have their freedom now, but it came at a high cost.

If you really think that being a minority did everything, you really don't understand. John F. Kennedy moved people the same way. In Obama's situation, it goes back to the t.v. movie of the 1970s called "Network" where 1 person yells from the window "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore." and another and another yell until there is the sound of yelling everywhere.

People here are tired of the same, old thing. They want change.

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    What? voting base on hootness?... that's..

I can't finish the sentence.

../azul123
    ....that's how Bush got so many votes on his first controversial election....
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

Deregistered

Why is obama better than any of others? Oh yeah he promises "CHANGE" , there were a lot more candidates than the ones you mentioned. Obama doesn't even know how many states there are in the US. Before you make fun of other candidates , please check your facts. The problem is not the presidents but the lobbies , obama is the same as the rest of the previous presidents,. Look at his donation funding, see which corporations fund him. He will act accordingly. Do you think bush invaded IRAQ just because he felt like it?
    you JUST have smth against obama. nevertheless, it be my last post on this senseless thread!! what you said didnt make any sense with loop sided judgement. gd luck to you and your american politics.

fyi
    It claimed that the average IQ in America is 98, far lower than I realized. ... That just about describes the American people today.

You can be sure that there will be no more free trade agreements and there's a chance the existing ones (like those with Singapore) will be reviewed. As a politician he has to protect the jobs of his constituents, and that means taking those jobs away from you! So you trade an adminstration who tramples on diplomatic relations but has good trade policies for one who will tell you nice things to placate you but is protectionist. I dunno about you, but I prefer the former, the only thing that counts is my pocket!
    I feel really sorry for you.
    You prefer an abusive government which tortures people and invades countries over one that may be tougher on trade with other countries.

very obvious there are some stubborn, prejudiced dumb guys here. or maybe they are just racists.

see, bigbird17, this is why in this modern world, racist organisations like KKK stil exists.
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr

是耶?非耶?
    化为蝴蝶。

Last edited by night86mare; 26th January 2009 at 09:37 AM.

hmmmm I invite u to post here in hard facts where did you learn that Obama does not know the number of states in the USA as you claimed. In you don't have quotes from reliable sources... it is merely your own notion and honestly that means nothing.... and it is not about the other candidates.... forgive me but I am not making fun of them but honestly I don't want a bible thumping Christian who is likely to tell the US education system to teach the creationist theory as truth or a ex war hero who says we must invade other nations to protect our homeland.....
    Last edited by aeskywan; 27th January 2009 at 03:01 AM.

hmmmm I invite u to post here in hard facts where did you learn that Obama does not know the number of states in the USA as you claimed. In you don't have quotes from reliable sources... it is merely your own notion and honestly that means nothing.... and it is not about the other candidates.... forgive me but I am not making fun of them but honestly I don't want a bible thumping Christian who is likely to tell the US education system to teach the creationist theory as truth or a ex war hero who says we must invade other nations to protect our homeland.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

Read and weep , i'm not a bush supporter btw, invading and interfering in other countries is an american policy , not presidential. President is simply the public face , the lobby groups have more power. You should look at how much intelligence is out sourced , without wars , they don't have a job. Look at obama corporate campaign contributions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

Read and weep , i'm not a bush supporter btw, invading and interfering in other countries is an american policy , not presidential. President is simply the public face , the lobby groups have more power. You should look at how much intelligence is out sourced , without wars , they don't have a job. Look at obama corporate campaign contributions.
    Interfering with other countries seems to be U.S. policy but invading them isn't. It's usually been up to a Republican or a Texan, unless the U.S.A. is delivering military aid, as it was supposed to do in Somalia, to invade a country. Most people here don't believe that it's necessary to be anywhere outside the borders, especially when there are so many going hungry here. (It may be difficult to believe when you see video of so many heavy Americans.)

If the president didn't have power, then a lot of ridiculous things wouldn't have happened the last 8 years. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

By the way, have you ever misspoken when you're tired or emotional? I'd guess not. You must be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Interfering with other countries seems to be U.S. policy but invading them isn't. It's usually been up to a Republican or a Texan, unless the U.S.A. is delivering military aid, as it was supposed to do in Somalia, to invade a country. Most people here don't believe that it's necessary to be anywhere outside the borders, especially when there are so many going hungry here. (It may be difficult to believe when you see video of so many heavy Americans.)

If the president didn't have power, then a lot of ridiculous things wouldn't have happened the last 8 years. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

By the way, have you ever misspoken when you're tired or emotional? I'd guess not. You must be perfect.
    Umm actually invading other countries has always been us policy , whether indirectly or not. Panama, Korea, Vietnam, are just a few.These were direct invasions for practically no good reason. The truth of the matter is that WAR makes money. The last direct invasion before iraq was panama was in 1989.

As for the number of states , 57 is pretty far off, off by 1 or 2 might be understandable, it's not really a difficult statistic really so no need to find excuses , he made a mistake, admit it , move on. Bush was geographically challenged as well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast