Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obamaaaaaa

Default Re: Obamaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    I'd be surprised if Bush and his friends didn't pay for the attack on 11 Sept. just to try to generate some defence industry help and try to make Bush into a hero. The economy was already suffering and there was a rather noticeable plunge of the stock market the day he filed papers for his candidacy for the presidency.
    ummm... wwwaaayyyyyy offline here...

If you say something baseless like that about local leaders... you'd be sued off your pants.

It's 1 thing to be a back-seat driver... or have a little joke about his driving skills... but it's totally another thing to say he deliberately drive onto pedestrians.
    Last edited by CYRN; 22nd January 2009 at 09:05 AM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Boku, actually there were conspiracy theory that 911 was an American Plot to boost Bush standing and also give it an excuse to invade Afghanistan and Iraq. Afterall it was after 911 that USA adopted the preemptive strike policy. Means USA can strike at any country as long as it suspects that there is a threat to homeland security.

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Boku, actually there were conspiracy theory that 911 was an American Plot to boost Bush standing and also give it an excuse to invade Afghanistan and Iraq. Afterall it was after 911 that USA adopted the preemptive strike policy. Means USA can strike at any country as long as it suspects that there is a threat to homeland security.
    apparently... this theory have a major flaw...

as highlighted.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

No conspiracy la... wah lao. Its all nothing but BS to me. Let's just say Bush and his father is hated by the terror group in the middle east. The US support for Israel made it even worse. I don't believe the US crashed two planes into WTC just to get oil. They would have invaded those countries anyway even if Sep 11 didn't happen. Bush is a war president as he declared himself on national TV. It is a way of saying, "I am going to finish what my father started." So the terrorist group reacted and hence, the story goes on... Hatred replaced with another hatred. It will never end.

All these conspiracy theory was made by people who needed media attention.

I was wondering who is the Chinese guy sitting behind Obama's family during the inauguration. Sitting so close must be somebody important yah? Any clue?
    Or just secret service dude?

Top left corner.

Quote Originally Posted by redmonsoon View Post
    I was wondering who is the Chinese guy sitting behind Obama's family during the inauguration. Sitting so close must be somebody important yah? Any clue?
    Or just secret service dude?

Top left corner.
    I think that is his Special assistant to the President. Eugene Kang 24yrs old. He is this young chinese guy who was with him as his personal assistant throughout his Presidential campaign. I think that is him. The photo you gave crop his head off so how to see to confirm?
    Last edited by sammy888; 22nd January 2009 at 12:32 PM.

As I said it is a conspiracy theory, Disclaimer I am in no way supporting it. I am just informing that there are such chatter.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    apparently... this theory have a major flaw...

as highlighted.
    However, the response he gave (after the dumb, open mouth look in the elementary school) did boost his rating. In fact, that was the highlight of his time in office. He'd botched everything else.

Besides, in the U.S.A. since the late 1960s, people have been questioning the leaders and that's a good thing but of course, most of the public is apathetic, so they don't do anything further.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    I think that is his Special assistant to the President. Eugene Kang 24yrs old. He is this young chinese guy who was with him as his personal assistant throughout his Presidential campaign. I think that is him. The photo you gave crop his head off so how to see to confirm?
    Thats the only photo i can find, but goggle that name I can see that its him..
    Wow!! and he's not assistant but political adviser. And he's Korean american not Chinese..
    Must be one BRIGHT dude..

Hmm, what was I doing at 24...haiz

Quote Originally Posted by redmonsoon View Post
    Thats the only photo i can find, but goggle that name I can see that its him..
    Wow!! and he's not assistant but political adviser. And he's Korean american not Chinese..
    Must be one BRIGHT dude..

Hmm, what was I doing at 24...haiz
    heheh he is too young to be a Political Advisor.... In his campus maybe. You can see all the official titles given to all of Obama's cabinet members and staffs at this link :

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html...ery/index.html

Obama is radical in his politcal dreams but not that radical to put a 24year old to be his Politcal Advisor. That job went to a much older experienced person as you look thru the link I put above. Anyway I only saw the basic info...did not really went all out to read about it just because an asian got a good job in USA....so he is Korean? I saw KANG and I thought Chinese or Japanese heheh...

He could be Korean based on his lastname.

Deregistered

heheh he is too young to be a Political Advisor.... In his campus maybe. You can see all the official titles given to all of Obama's cabinet members and staffs at this link :

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html...ery/index.html

Obama is radical in his politcal dreams but not that radical to put a 24year old to be his Politcal Advisor. That job went to a much older experienced person as you look thru the link I put above. Anyway I only saw the basic info...did not really went all out to read about it just because an asian got a good job in USA....so he is Korean? I saw KANG and I thought Chinese or Japanese heheh...
    kang is chinese

yeah that's right.

Eugene Kang is Korean. Read it here.

Kang is Korean.

Deregistered

shawn kang is chinese singaporean. look at me hahaha

minimo3
    Guests

Obama rode to power on young voters, liberals, minorities, and unions. That means one of his main constituents are anti-trade protect-American jobs unionists. While Obama may improve foreign policy relations the trade and economic policies that emerge will be detrimental to countries like Singapore. Already the newly installed Treasury secretary is accusing China of currency manipulation and I wouldn't be surprised if the US starts putting in place tariffs and other protectionist measures. You can be sure that there will be no more free trade agreements and there's a chance the existing ones (like those with Singapore) will be reviewed. As a politician he has to protect the jobs of his constituents, and that means taking those jobs away from you! So you trade an adminstration who tramples on diplomatic relations but has good trade policies for one who will tell you nice things to placate you but is protectionist. I dunno about you, but I prefer the former, the only thing that counts is my pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by minimo3 View Post
    I dunno about you, but I prefer the former......
    I agree with you totally. Now we don't have anyone who can give us hours of entertainment on YouTube and well it's a shame McCain and Sarah Palin didn't get in.....cos Sarah she was a real hoot!
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

Quote Originally Posted by minimo3 View Post
    Obama rode to power on young voters, liberals, minorities, and unions. That means one of his main constituents are anti-trade protect-American jobs unionists. While Obama may improve foreign policy relations the trade and economic policies that emerge will be detrimental to countries like Singapore. Already the newly installed Treasury secretary is accusing China of currency manipulation and I wouldn't be surprised if the US starts putting in place tariffs and other protectionist measures. You can be sure that there will be no more free trade agreements and there's a chance the existing ones (like those with Singapore) will be reviewed. As a politician he has to protect the jobs of his constituents, and that means taking those jobs away from you! So you trade an adminstration who tramples on diplomatic relations but has good trade policies for one who will tell you nice things to placate you but is protectionist. I dunno about you, but I prefer the former, the only thing that counts is my pocket!
    LOL... 1 post count.... Are you a republican? Registered a new account just to comment on US politics?? dude... you are in the wrong forum man....

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    No conspiracy la... wah lao. Its all nothing but BS to me. Let's just say Bush and his father is hated by the terror group in the middle east. The US support for Israel made it even worse. I don't believe the US crashed two planes into WTC just to get oil. They would have invaded those countries anyway even if Sep 11 didn't happen. Bush is a war president as he declared himself on national TV. It is a way of saying, "I am going to finish what my father started." So the terrorist group reacted and hence, the story goes on... Hatred replaced with another hatred. It will never end.

All these conspiracy theory was made by people who needed media attention.
    I agree that this conspiracy theory don't hold water.

But at the same time Bush did say he had prove that Iraq had stockpiles of Weapons of Mass Destruction, garnered support in UN and got many countries to vote to invade Iraq, ever wonder how did we vote? hmmm... where is the prove that there was WMD?

This set a bad precedent that countries can be invaded by some country saying so.

../azul123

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast