Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Markins Q3T Pics

  1. #1
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Markins Q3T Pics

    Understand some people are quite interested in this ball-head. I had taken some close-up pics and think it may be useful for those who may want a closer look. (Solely for Reference/Educational Purpose Only).

    Top-view:


    Side-view:


    Pan-base:


    Pan-Lock
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

  2. #2
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    Ball-Dial


    Clamp


    Clamp-screw


    Base
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    5,812

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    Thanks for the photos! I was playing around with one over at J3:16 a few weeks ago. Looks like a ballhead that could meet my needs very well (when I actually use the tripod..)
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    At TK, the Q3T costs $450 whereas the original Q3 is now lowered to $430.
    RICOH GRD I / II / III / IV / GR / GXR

  5. #5

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    I played with it at TK last week.

    I also like Kangrinpoche. Cheaper and still meet my needs.

    Need to decide between the two.

  6. #6
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    I believe the Markins Q3T is designed specially for tripods such as Gitzo 1541T where the legs can fold over the head. The Markins Q3 will leave a big gap with one leg sticking out unable to completely folded.

    It will be good if you can show this feature in a photo so we know how tight the legs can be folded.

  7. #7
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by NotYet100 View Post
    I played with it at TK last week.

    I also like Kangrinpoche. Cheaper and still meet my needs.

    Need to decide between the two.
    iirc, kangrinpoche has a damping effect when you set the ball head to portrait orientation, a safety feature which markin dont have.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  8. #8
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    What can I say, my smaller Markins Q3T overtook my M10 as my fav ballhead.

    Ryan

  9. #9

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by NotYet100 View Post
    I played with it at TK last week.

    I also like Kangrinpoche. Cheaper and still meet my needs.

    Need to decide between the two.
    Get the Kangrinpoche NB-3B with the flatter quick release, cos you will not have a knob poking your chin with those screw-in type.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Up North......
    Posts
    624

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEnd View Post
    Get the Kangrinpoche NB-3B with the flatter quick release, cos you will not have a knob poking your chin with those screw-in type.
    How much does the Kangrinpoche NB-3B cost bro? How's the quality?
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    iirc, kangrinpoche has a damping effect when you set the ball head to portrait orientation, a safety feature which markin dont have.
    Not sure if the damping effect you said is referring to the friction control. If so, Markins has it.
    RICOH GRD I / II / III / IV / GR / GXR

  12. #12
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Not sure if the damping effect you said is referring to the friction control. If so, Markins also has it.
    nope, it is not friction control. this is something usually found in $600+ ball head.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    nope, it is not friction control. this is something usually found in $600+ ball head.
    Are you then referring to the indexed friction control with the small set screw on the locking knob? The design looks similar to the Arca Swiss ball head.
    RICOH GRD I / II / III / IV / GR / GXR

  14. #14
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Are you then referring to the indexed friction control with the small set screw on the locking knob? The design looks similar to the Arca Swiss ball head.
    it will be easier if you go to OP, try both markins and kangpo, turn the clamp to portrait orientation.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    I also own a Markins BH but is w/o the 'T'.

    The different is the clamp screw is longer and P-base is a little big.
    but overall is still perform the same.

    Is really a very SOLID BH...!!!
    Worth every single cents that you pay for it...

    Now thinking of upgrading my tripod to GIZTO1541T or w/o the 'T'...

    I actually post some pix of this BH...
    please check it out here..

    Markins Q3 w/o 'T'
    Last edited by Rubber_Duck; 21st January 2009 at 04:58 PM.

  16. #16
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    I also own a Markins BH but is w/o the 'T'.

    The different is the clamp screw is longer and P-base is a little big.
    but overall is still perform the same.

    Is really a very SOLID BH...!!!
    Worth every single cents that you pay for it...

    Now thinking of upgrading my tripod to GIZTO1541T or w/o the 'T'...

    I actually post some pix of this BH...
    please check it out here..

    Markins Q3 w/o 'T'
    Ah, u steal my thread... Just joking.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

  17. #17

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    Ah, u steal my thread... Just joking.
    ....

    Just incase someone wanted to compare or see what actually the different between with 'T' & w/o 'T'

    hee hee hee... Sorry for the hijacking....

  18. #18

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    iirc, kangrinpoche has a damping effect when you set the ball head to portrait orientation, a safety feature which markin dont have.
    OK, I just realised it. The damping effect is cause by the rubber ring at the neck of the quick release plate

  19. #19
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEnd View Post
    OK, I just realised it. The damping effect is cause by the rubber ring at the neck of the quick release plate
    dont think the dampening effect is due to the rubber ring (i not sure about seeing the ring also).

    from what i understand, it is due the the aspherical ball design, like the famous acra-swiss monoball.

    get it from the horse's mouth, but you need to read chinese.

    http://www.kangrinpoche.com/

    http://www.kangrinpoche.com/list.asp?id=207

    the 1st symbol (with the 54mm written below) on the left means aspherical ball design (in chinese).
    Last edited by denniskee; 22nd January 2009 at 02:16 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Markins Q3T Pics

    I'm not here to argue about whose balls are better, but I'm so in LOVE with the SEKSI Swiss thang that looks like a geologers or mariner's antique measuring instrument!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •