Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to shoot film!

Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    Eh, it seems like i overlooked this point: Can normal film be developed into slides?
    Normal prints cannot be developed into slides and vice versa. One uses "positives" and the other "negatives".

yes, you can do so by cross-processing as I mentioned in the previous post. You just need to know what you want and what you'll get by doing so. Some of the experienced ones here have done so.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke21
    Normal prints cannot be developed into slides and vice versa. One uses "positives" and the other "negatives".

Quote Originally Posted by meng
    yes, you can do so by cross-processing as I mentioned in the previous post. You just need to know what you want and what you'll get by doing so. Some of the experienced ones here have done so.
    You mean to say that you can shoot with a normal negative and get a "colour slide" out of it that can be mounted and showed with a slide projector?

eh ozon3, so fast trying out slides?

Here is some more info, Ruby develope at $4.05 or so(well, just developed 2 rolls of provia 100F color positives - slides film and the receipt stated $8.10)

the price is for slides film processed by ruby, if the gal in the counter ask you u wan to send to fuji lab to dev or not, just say u wan it done the $4 something way.
    imho always get my stuffs from ruby, the uncles there all very frenly. can try out.

Student got special discount from RGB, so $4.80 will come down to $4.08 for RGB color if u have the student face.

to print from slides, another option is scanning them into digital format using dedicated film scanner. then send the file for printing, imagine u can get a highest file size from one slides if u wan, so can print very large size digital prints. This is cheaper and does makes sense coz shops like RGB like i last enquired stated that their prints from slides is scanned to digital then print, not much shop using the traditional dev methods.(and traditional means more expensives)

If u wan, i am more than willing to help u scan some of ur slides(not too many rolls though, one->two roll is ok) free of charge in the yr end school holidays and burn in cd for u. Just bought a dedicated minolta scan dual III scanner.

Happy shooting.

Oh ok.. Correct me if i'm wrong: Normal film can be developed into slides, by using the appropriate chemicals?? Also, if i want slides specifically, i'd need to buy slides film?

Chee chee: Yar, me is trying slides.. Heh.. But i do hope my superia can be developed into slides.. If not slides will come later.. Haa.. Oh, and thanks for your offer! Will look for you when i need to!! Heh.. Wha, so many shops recommended, so little money! Hahahaha..

Maybe i'll go take a look later.. Going SLS now..

You mean to say that you can shoot with a normal negative and get a "colour slide" out of it that can be mounted and showed with a slide projector?
    cross processng will give wierd results. good for creative photography. you can mount anything on slide mounts and project them on the screen. just that the effect will be abnormal...

but more commonly, the negative that is processed as E6, will end up being used as a negative and printed on a seperated medium.
    and...
    the color positive processed as C41 will end up as a projectable slide.

wanted to do it once at digipro but the guy did not want to, afraid that his machine will get spoiled.

Oh ok.. Correct me if i'm wrong: Normal film can be developed into slides, by using the appropriate chemicals?? Also, if i want slides specifically, i'd need to buy slides film?

Chee chee: Yar, me is trying slides.. Heh.. But i do hope my superia can be developed into slides.. If not slides will come later.. Haa.. Oh, and thanks for your offer! Will look for you when i need to!! Heh.. Wha, so many shops recommended, so little money! Hahahaha..

Maybe i'll go take a look later.. Going SLS now..
    superia can be developed in slide chemicals...aka E6 processing... but do NOT expext to get normal nice colours....they WILL be wierd....

Quote Originally Posted by showtime
    cross processng will give wierd results. good for creative photography. you can mount anything on slide mounts and project them on the screen. just that the effect will be abnormal...

but more commonly, the negative that is processed as E6, will end up being used as a negative and printed on a seperated medium.
    and...
    the color positive processed as C41 will end up as a projectable slide.

wanted to do it once at digipro but the guy did not want to, afraid that his machine will get spoiled.
    Yup knew that. Just that the way Meng put it, thought he meant that you could use normal film and get slides.

I'm sure Ozone was not thinking of the weird results.....

Oh.. Now i get it.. HAaa.. weird colors.. w00t! Now, i wouldn't want weird colors for starters would i? Hahahaa.. Anyway, i went to ruby this afternoon, uncle say color film cannot be processed into slides.. Looks like i'll get slides the next time around! Heh..

Oh.. Now i get it.. HAaa.. weird colors.. w00t! Now, i wouldn't want weird colors for starters would i? Hahahaa.. Anyway, i went to ruby this afternoon, uncle say color film cannot be processed into slides.. Looks like i'll get slides the next time around! Heh..
    Yup, you probably want to start simple first. Remember, slide film has a very narrow exposure latitude. So just do a correct metering and snap away. Underexposing or overexposing usually has a "no so nice" effect.

I'm sure you will enjoy yourself.

Hee Hee.. Thanks!

Yup, you probably want to start simple first. Remember, slide film has a very narrow exposure latitude. So just do a correct metering and snap away. Underexposing or overexposing usually has a "no so nice" effect.
    oh ya. one exception, Velvia ISO 50.
    It is actually ISO40, so when u use velvia 50, for better result try to overexpose it by half or one stop. Half stop works well with me.

I shall rephrase myself again. My second sentence means that yes, you'll get weird results and colors, but if the photographer knows that he is doing and what he wants to achieve, he can get pretty good/interesting results that can't be achieved with normal methods and techniques.

Eh? How you know? I mean, can tell meh? Haa.. Cool!! Film has so MUCH to learn.. Will slowly pick it up man.. Wish me luck people! !MUAHAHAHAH

Eh? How you know? I mean, can tell meh? Haa.. Cool!! Film has so MUCH to learn.. Will slowly pick it up man.. Wish me luck people! !MUAHAHAHAH
    For reviews, can get from here
    http://www.photographyreview.com/reviewscrx.aspx

go to the section u wan.
    for slide film, http://www.photographyreview.com/Sli...S_3118crx.aspx

Theoretically, yes, you can get slides by cross processing, but the colors will not same as normal negative or slide film. And if the results turn out to be what you want or like, you still can mount them and show them with the projector.
    But practically, it's very tough to get it right, you'll have to spend rolls testing out the various settings etc.
    Yup knew that. Just that the way Meng put it, thought he meant that you could use normal film and get slides.

I'm sure Ozone was not thinking of the weird results.....

Eh, i've been to this site before!!
    Time to study..

Actually, as I mentioned previously, this forum has lots of hidden information. Just do a search on any of the keywords you want and you will be presented with more than you can absorb at times. Sometimes, it might be even better than some other sites as you can even contact those in Clubsnap who had posted that information or details previously to clarify etc.

.... hidden information ....
    Hahaha.. Makes CS sounds like a treasure chest!! w00t! Heh.. Ok.. Me will do just that.. Is need to find the keywords first.. Heh...

y'all

yups...
    even keywords like "film", "slides", "RGB", "EOS", "Canon", "Nikon", "velvia" etc that you come across so often and commonly......
    Hahaha.. Makes CS sounds like a treasure chest!! w00t! Heh.. Ok.. Me will do just that.. Is need to find the keywords first.. Heh...

y'all

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast