Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perm sec got dressing down.

Default Re: Perm sec got dressing down.

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    You guys should check out the queue outside LV everyday...I work in Taka and everyday the amount of shoppers make me wonder if we are really in a recession.
    Check the queue brother... mainly Indonesians (old + new money), PRCs (new money), and Japanese (blur money).

Most locals will keep that LV lust in check until that trip to Hong Kong or to Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Well the dressing down is probably a knee jerk reaction to the negative comments from the blogosphere; so no with the knee jerk, comes more negative comments.
    The dress down only means one thing...
    Consciousness is creeping up those Fat Cats.
    If Wee Cho Yaw spends 200k celebrating his birthday tomorrow, will the public says anything about it? Or will the Old Lee dress him down?

We all know the reason why that guy is reprimanded.
    Simply put, that guy's actions put his fellow cahoots’ remuneration into jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    The irony of it all.

Everyone says, "Recession! Save money! Spend less!" or the worse, "No money! Money no enough!"
    Unfortunately, raw data on consumer spending and tax and earnings returns filed by shops and luxury goods stores don't lie (unless one is saying that those shops 'cook the books' to a ridiculous extent).

Which one is more believable?
    The word "Recession" is meant for poor people only.
    To the rich, it means less bonus or less profit only.
    Work two years as Minister and you can have recess for your whole life already.

so if the president or top tier ministers paid tens of thousands for hassleblad or full manual camera system for personal use, who dresses them down for insensitive spending?
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    Insensitive towards whom? Overpaid politicians whose even more lavish lifestyle may get questioned?

(And if they advocate a humble lifestyle, why do they require an obsecenly high pay?)
    actually, maybe got screwed cause spoil market, now every one knows how well to do they are
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    actually, maybe got screwed cause spoil market, now every one knows how well to do they are
    i tot their salary is no secret wad, even spend modestly peps will say they hoard $$?
    have u seen the "light" yet?

ah...the poor chap. he was just writing about his experiences at the course. some wise guy had to dig up the course fees and create a big hoohah about it.

How much is this permanent secretary of the Ministry of Environment and Water Resources pay cheque per mth?

I bet lots of Singaporean do not know where the ministers stays... Go check out those houses in Cluny Rd with Garkas police men as security guards at the main gate.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    ah...the poor chap. he was just writing about his experiences at the course. some wise guy had to dig up the course fees and create a big hoohah about it.
    This is the internet, where writing and sharing things about your personal experiences will get scrutinized.
    Double or quadruple the scrutiny effort if people have an ax to grind with you or they feel that they couldn't measure up to your spending or simply "I see him buay song so I'll take abit of thing amplify it and make him look like some idiot"?

Somehow, I suddenly recalled a particular line that Eric Moo had once said (I think it was on the Chinese Newspapers interview), somewhere around last year where he passed a comment that generated quite a stir and furious reaction. I'm beginning to see that awful line he spoke coming true bit by bit.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    This is the internet, where writing and sharing things about your personal experiences will get scrutinized.
    Double or quadruple the scrutiny effort if people have an ax to grind with you or they feel that they couldn't measure up to your spending or simply "I see him buay song so I'll take abit of thing amplify it and make him look like some idiot"?

Somehow, I suddenly recalled a particular line that Eric Moo had once said (I think it was on the Chinese Newspapers interview), somewhere around last year where he passed a comment that generated quite a stir and furious reaction. I'm beginning to see that awful line he spoke coming true bit by bit.

jia lat...i think is a matter of time before someone writes to forum about csers buying expensive cameras and lenses during economic recession.

Blog Entries

aiyah, what is the problem

if he is smart enough to make that kind of money, it is non of our business, how he chooses to spend it.
    just as long as it is his money, he can spend it anyway he wants to

what is the use of making money if you cannot spend it?

thread closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12