Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast

Thread: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Default Re: FZriends Thread (FZ18 & FZ28 users and ex-users group - part II)

Anyway guys, I got my camera body already, craving for outing actually hah.

I have another friend (FZ18, not from this thread tho) also craving for outing. +1 more I think, and then Melvan is dying to try his new beercan lens too (right?).

Problem is out of ideas (our dear skyguy is too busy!), personally i'm abit tight on schedule too, but I'm sure i can squeeze one day out. Anyone else wants to go or give suggestions on where to go? =)
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    Anyway guys, I got my camera body already, craving for outing actually hah.

I have another friend (FZ18, not from this thread tho) also craving for outing. +1 more I think, and then Melvan is dying to try his new beercan lens too (right?).

Problem is out of ideas (our dear skyguy is too busy!), personally i'm abit tight on schedule too, but I'm sure i can squeeze one day out. Anyone else wants to go or give suggestions on where to go? =)
    Yeah I'm dying to try out my beercan :P

Any ideas for outing?

What body have you gotten?
    Looking for Photographers? | My Portfolio
    http://www.photoera.uni.cc/ | http://folio.navlem.com/

20D with one slight crack at the left side. I kinda just touched up the paint with a micro-pigment archival ink pen and sealed the crack with clear nail polish, lol. Hope it lasts long. Handling and AF seems like a big jump from 350D Noise-free until 800, was slightly disappointed with the 1600 and 3200, but still above average usable, Should be noise free on 4R prints. For some reason I got this feeling the shutter slams really hard, like the whole camera jerks when I shoot at 1/8000. With that said, I must say the 350D interface is a little more friendly, I am utterly lost with all the controls on 20D.

20D with one slight crack at the left side. I kinda just touched up the paint with a micro-pigment archival ink pen and sealed the crack with clear nail polish, lol. Hope it lasts long. Handling and AF seems like a big jump from 350D Noise-free until 800, was slightly disappointed with the 1600 and 3200, but still above average usable, Should be noise free on 4R prints. For some reason I got this feeling the shutter slams really hard, like the whole camera jerks when I shoot at 1/8000. With that said, I must say the 350D interface is a little more friendly, I am utterly lost with all the controls on 20D.
    You wont be using 1/8000 often anyway :P

Quote Originally Posted by navlem View Post
    You wont be using 1/8000 often anyway :P
    Dont count on it... ISO 200 @ F2 in the middle of the day easily clears 1/8000 =X, the weird thing is that, some studies have suggested that ISO 200 is better than ISO 100 as the camera captures more dynamic range (which also implies contrast and details)... possibly ISO 400 vs 200 will show the same effect. Of course pushing it too high introduces too much noise too.

As for the up-coming 'super versatile' prosumers, I believe we had this one discussion somewhere under the name of "PNS vs DSLR". Will there come a day where size doesn't matter in this field? Its hard to say, but I believe we more or less agreed that it won't come so soon (during our last discussion) right?
    Currently the 4/3 system already have a lens of a similar zoom range (LEICA D VARIO-ELMAR 14-150mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./ MEGA O.I.S), but the price of the lens cost much more than a FZ50 or FZ28 (added together).

I believe given time, the lens (or newer lens) would compatible with the M4/3 system. The marketing advantage of the G1 is it's size & weight, but I doubt the price would drop to the FZx0 or FZxx range in anytime soon....

I agree fully. The price of the G1 is holding steady. Pana has scored a 1st for the mFT system and they will hold out first before price reduction. Maybe when Oly launches their own mFT and when Pana launches their G1 HD than we might see the G1 price drop abit.

Meanwhile, just to update you guys here, in case you guys forgotten, I still haven't gotten my camera yet... LOL!

But MOHA has approved my budget and camera... =P Looking to get it soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Currently the 4/3 system already have a lens of a similar zoom range (LEICA D VARIO-ELMAR 14-150mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./ MEGA O.I.S), but the price of the lens cost much more than a FZ50 or FZ28 (added together).

I believe given time, the lens (or newer lens) would compatible with the M4/3 system. The marketing advantage of the G1 is it's size & weight, but I doubt the price would drop to the FZx0 or FZxx range in anytime soon....
    That lens would have been nice, i'll put my bet on Leica (even tho 14-150 will most likely be a crappy design!). But then, hm, even price aside, G1's ISO noise is a little turn off really... even on the LCD they look like glitches. =P

Also learnt that because its a smaller sensor, (with higher density), it also suffers much more from diffraction effects. The aperture threshold for diffraction should error around F7-F8.

That lens would have been nice, i'll put my bet on Leica (even tho 14-150 will most likely be a crappy design!). But then, hm, even price aside, G1's ISO noise is a little turn off really... even on the LCD they look like glitches. =P

Also learnt that because its a smaller sensor, (with higher density), it also suffers much more from diffraction effects. The aperture threshold for diffraction should error around F7-F8.
    There is always Pro & Cons in the 4/3 system, but nevertheless the Noise control at high ISO(due to the pixels density) is still better than those in current Prosumer (non-dslr) camera. Whether a ultra zoom lens is a "crappy" or "convenient" design is a subjective matter, which I don't want to OT too much...

Everyone's gone a little quiet... =(

Everyone's gone a little quiet... =(
    Waiting for you to organise an outing for us to meet up....

haha I would love to as well, school has been crazy busy though, I believe skyguy is experiencing the same... need to think of a good place to go as well... any suggestions?

haha I would love to as well, school has been crazy busy though, I believe skyguy is experiencing the same... need to think of a good place to go as well... any suggestions?
    I would suggest Haw Par Villa, admission is free...

http://www.visitsingapore.com/publis...par_villa.html

yea, crazy busy as usual, getting lesser sleep and still behind school schedule by 2 weeks... lol... i hope my future work will not be this busy

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    I would suggest Haw Par Villa, admission is free...

http://www.visitsingapore.com/publis...par_villa.html
    Haw Par Villa anyone?

I should be fine gotta work on a date tho =X Feb seems tight, march should be a good time.

Haw Par Villa anyone?

I should be fine gotta work on a date tho =X Feb seems tight, march should be a good time.
    I'm fine with it

Did a little walk-around Candid for Vday today... supposed to be Vday theme, but I ended up shooting my usual candids again, hah.

My favorite shot of the day:
    This shot makes me love my lens loads.

1200 x 800 version

Ah, how I wish the stream was a little more in the frame.

Hi guys,
    Finally had the chance to come in here and browse as Feb and Jan have been very busy months. Hope to meet up with Rob aka CLunk again someday but work's work and its good to be busy these days!

Hi ay6810, sorry I too have been MIA, very busy with work and so much rain not much chance to get camera out.
    I will be coming back in June/July for about three weeks, will catch up for sure.

Hi ombre, nice pics, I like the third one best, shaft of water looks great.

Hi Mr. Skyguy, sounds like you are flat out like a lizard drinking with studies.

G'day Vinze, I bought a boat last week, just a small second-hand one, for fishing in the harbour and rivers.
    Only 3.7 metres long with a 15hp Yamaha motor. Spent last weekend un-landscaping the garden outside my bedroom window, it is the only place I can park the boat trailer.
    Hope to have the maiden voyage Saturday and make sure everything is good before I take Amy out. I have to convert her to the the joys of piscatorial pursuits.
    If is not raining I will take some pics and post.
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Hi ay6810, sorry I too have been MIA, very busy with work and so much rain not much chance to get camera out.
    I will be coming back in June/July for about three weeks, will catch up for sure.

Hi ombre, nice pics, I like the third one best, shaft of water looks great.

Hi Mr. Skyguy, sounds like you are flat out like a lizard drinking with studies.

G'day Vinze, I bought a boat last week, just a small second-hand one, for fishing in the harbour and rivers.
    Only 3.7 metres long with a 15hp Yamaha motor. Spent last weekend un-landscaping the garden outside my bedroom window, it is the only place I can park the boat trailer.
    Hope to have the maiden voyage Saturday and make sure everything is good before I take Amy out. I have to convert her to the the joys of piscatorial pursuits.
    If is not raining I will take some pics and post.
    Wow bought a boat! What did the Authoritative Minister of Yours say about that?

All the best with the fishing trip! We haven't seen your pictures in awhile!

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast